It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow Storm Forecast to Wallop East Coast Takes Shape Over Plains

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

If I could, I would sent all that foot to two feet of snow that is destined to fall on my city to your house. but, well, I try that every year, it doesn't work.... We moved out of NY to get away from this crap....we didn't move far enough.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomaSempre
a reply to: UnBreakable

What part of the city are you in?

About ten miles NE of the city in Bucks County.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The main low is now near the gulf coast picking up moisture.
Very strong frontal boundary will be moving through Georgia and Florida with possible tornado's.
The Jet stream looks so strong sweeping east off the coast that there may not be much time for the secondary coastal low to develop and wrap moisture back over land.
That would be a better scenario than a stalled system bombing near the Delmarva peninsula.
You can get a foot of snow in 4 hours so with the high wind the blizzard warnings are still appropriate.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
88 million facing the "SnowMageddin"".... we'll folks it looks like it will be worse than forcasted! 1200 miles of road alerts...School, gov, airports, all shutting down and the shelves in the grocery are bear....

Be safe

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
the problem with southerners and their ability to drive in the snow isn't so much how they drive in the snow. they do a better job up north clearing the roads. unless of course, it's after working hours for the dpw or weekends, then you might have a problem in some areas, but that is mostly budget bs from local politicians. that was one of the reasons why we moved further south. I don't care how good of a driver you are, when you are driving to work and run into a 5 foot wall at the country line because well, one country hasn't plowed their roads in awhile, well...you ain't making it to work.
but well, last year, we had rather large snow event for this area, one of our side streets was closed off for close to a month. and it took us a few days to be able to get out of where we are at. I still think it's rather funny though, just a few snowflakes and well, things start shutting down and closing up. I kind of enjoy it really. I'll never have to do multiple doughnuts while going down an off ramp again!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I agree. Two years ago we had ice in the Dallas/Ft Worth area and it was so thick it was cobbled ice. Ruined a lot of cars and the plows we borrowed from other states couldn't even clear it.

Then it snowed on top of it, making it worse by tricking people into thinking it was okay to drive on.

When I lived in Chicago I did not have these issues, hardly.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
I live in North Carolina a few minutes from Charlotte.

Already went to Walmart for bread and milk.

We are supposed to see sleet and ice to start by midnight, then turning to snow.

Truthfully, I don't expect to see to much of an accumulation, the weatherman said we might get 1 to 3 inches of snow here.

All schools are closed tomorrow.

American Airlines canceled all flights out of there yesterday (for today). I think that was a good call.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Ah, nice area. I live in Manayunk which as you know is where everyone goes to hype the storm because of the hills.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It's on now, Mayor Reed of Atlanta Ga has shut the city down telling everyone to be off roads by 3pm.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Everybody needs to make sure all your animals are in the house with you, and periodically check your roof if this snowfall turns out to be heavy wet stuff.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Around here in Michigan they say it's too cold for salt. This little town I come through every morning seems to have a way to make it work till you get to the city limits. I told the local paper when they posted that the county should hire the guy that runs Bridgman road crews he seems to have a magic snow melting touch.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Any recent report coming out ? sunny and warm here in Michigan

Happy Friday they will have it all cleared up for work time Monday!!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

A plane at Chicago O'Hare skidded off the runway.

I didn't know they were getting ice/snow.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
It's on now, Mayor Reed of Atlanta Ga has shut the city down telling everyone to be off roads by 3pm.

Suches Ga. top of Blood Mountain here. Snow started a day early yesterday. Bad ice storm/frozen rain happening now. I'm smack dab in what they call the tri-state area about 30 miles from multiple borders LOL.

Still have power, generator on standby if it goes out from ice building in trees and falling trees.

Everyone stay safe, I took in a neighbor and his dog his house is freezing cold. As a prepper, I can feed a boat load of people if needed. 4 wheeler all prepped to get around if needed.

End of Suches (google it LOL) weather report.

Des

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
About a foot here (Asheville area) and another 8 inches called for tonight. We went out yesterday before this hit to get gas and some basic groceries and it was a total panic. Several gas stations here ran out of both gas and kerosene, and the local grocery stores were... well let's say 'not calm'.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: twitchy

My sister lives in Leicester and I spoke to her earlier...She is 81 and her partner is in her late 60's...I wanted to make sure they had the propane heater checked...ready to go...She said they were "hunkered" down and should be fine. They were predicting an inch of ice so, they know what's coming...She said, "you know this ain't our first rodeo!"...

a reply to: Destinyone

You are out in the boonies, aren't you?!
Be safe, good of you for helping your neighbor out!

We let one of the cats in that lives under a house across the street. She is lovely, I think she will be adopted...
I will try to get a photo of her. She has taken up on the sofa and looks just like our cat that left about 1 1/2 years ago named midnight!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
TNMockingbird check your messages, I sent you a U2U.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Got it!
Check yours LOL!

Freaky!!!!

Here's our "snow" rescue kitty...

And here's Midnight...

I'm not sure what the female of Jonas is but, that maybe her name...after the adoption...

I just looked up (Google is your friend) the female of Jonas and it is Jonasina...BUT, Jonas is Spanish in it's origin and it means Dove...so maybe Dove...
edit on 22-1-2016 by TNMockingbird because: see above

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I am in Gastonia, about 15 minutes from Charlotte, a lot of ice coming down right now. Freezing right now.

I sat we got about 3" of snow, now turning to ice.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: mikell

A plane at Chicago O'Hare skidded off the runway.

I didn't know they were getting ice/snow.

It's really cloudy and damp here on the Wisconsin/Illinois border, about 2 hours from Chicago. There was absolutely nothing on Accuweather about snow or sleet today, but we've got a bit of the sleety, bally stuff coming down and a bit of freezing rain. My windshield was icing up on the way from work. I hope the people on the plane are all OK.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join