It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow Storm Forecast to Wallop East Coast Takes Shape Over Plains

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Its going to look ALOT like Christmas... We are just missing this atrocious storm, but I believe it to be the first big one of 2016. Boston had record snow last year and man, I felt your pain (not really, but..) are you all ready for another bout?

Tornadoes, fires, earthquakes and snow in the U.S. right now; amazing but seems like more and more of a fluster cluck these days in weather.. On the early news this a.m. they eluded to a very bad weekend for many of us- get your salt rock and shovels out all!!!!

Major cities in the mammoth watch area included Philadelphia; Baltimore; Richmond, Virginia; Charlotte, North Carolina; and Memphis and Nashville in Tennessee.

"This will be bad," said Kevin Roth, lead meteorologist at The Weather Channel. "It is going to snow hard and it's going to be hard for road crews to keep up so driving will be difficult."

A colossal winter storm forecast to bring heavy snow to at least 15 states over the weekend was taking shape over the Plains early Thursday.

The impact of the storm was daunting: 80 million people were under either a blizzard watch, winter storm watch, winter storm warning, winter weather advisory or freezing rain advisory as of Thursday morning.

Meteorologists predict the storm will focus most of its power on Washington, D.C., which could see around 2 feet of snow and dangerous blizzard conditions from Friday through Sunday. NBC meteorologist Bill Karins said the impact of the storm could be "historic" for the nation's capital, Baltimore, Maryland, and Charlotte, North Carolina.

edit on 21-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: sp

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Having sold my house a few months ago, I won't have to worry over shoveling this year.

I'll be sure to stock up on wine though, just in case

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Bumer, another snowstorm for somebody else to enjoy.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I am in Maryland. Went to the grocery store last night and already the bread was about gone. Jugs of water were also scarce. A lot of us have wells so if the power goes out we have no water. I try not to panic and just prepare but the news media all act like we are going to die. We had less then one inch of snow last night and all the schools are closed just for that. We cannot even handle an inch of snow here with any kind of sense so if we get two feet of snow like they are predicting the kids won't go to school for at least a week. My check list is done, food, water, generator, tractor, alcohol, alcohol, alcohol. Stay safe everyone.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Comeuppance

Fill your bathtub for flushing...lol

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I replaced the belt on the snowblower last storm and have lots of gas ....good to go ....should get some coffee cream and beer though ...:>)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Comeuppance

Harbor Freight has cheap solar panels and 12 volt pumps. I've got a system for my well to keep pumping no matter what Ma Nature throws at us.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
LOL, We do fill the tubs, but with a snow storm we can at least bring in buckets of snow to let them melt.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

never, never , never , N E V E R ,

forget the beer
edit on 21-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I've got a case of Blue Moon and Stella Artois, as well as four bags of Doritos Spicy Sweet Chili. Bring it on.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It's good that Washington is getting snow dumped on them. It might help cool the political debates.

It should dump on everyone during the primaries so nobody can get out to vote for any candidate.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

We are still fairly stocked from the holidays although I should go by the liquor store just because that IS what you are supposed to do isn't it? We polished off the Vodka over the weekend...
Or is the the grocery store for bread and milk?
Doesn't matter...
We don't care for bread OR milk too much so, the liquor store it is!

Seriously though, the old man said this morning (I think anyway, I was still half comatose) that they were predicting A FOOT of snow for Nashville!!!!
If THAT'S true, it wouldn't surprise me if he was joking as he loves to tease me about my COMPLETE AND TOTAL hatred of winter, then where I am is screwed...LOL!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Bumer, another snowstorm for somebody else to enjoy.

Enjoy? It's going to snow here in Maryland all day Saturday. If it starts on Friday, it'll be after work has let out for the day. It'll stop on Saturday night, leaving Sunday to shovel snow so you can go to work on Monday. Yay fun...

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I'M ~EN ROUTE NOW

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Omfg.

Everyone fall for the hype as usual and go out and buy buy buy!!

STORM WATCH 2016 WINTER MONSTER BLIZZARD AHH SCARY RAH.

Maybe I'm just used to living in New England, but, this isn't the storm of the century, people need to calm themselves.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

Yea. To me this is just a standard winter storm that we get in January, and one that won't result in time off of work at that. In fact, it's more than likely also going to ruin any plans I have for the weekend as well. So eff this thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I personally L O V E the snow (when we get it) but our city is not equipped to deal w/it. I have a pretty awesome 4WD, and I know it does not mean $W STOP-

A few years ago we got 3 ft, I was driving home and was passed by a Subaru going about 20 mph faster than me; amazing traction that little guy...

I still think shoveling snow s u x ...

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

All I can say to those about to be embraced by Lady Winter, is that you are lucky buggers, and I do wish that you would stop hogging all the good weather.

Thank you! Carry on chaps!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yea. To me this is just a standard winter storm that we get in January, and one that won't result in time off of work at that. In fact, it's more than likely also going to ruin any plans I have for the weekend as well. So eff this thing.

Yea, I'm kind of a jerk when it comes to winter weather. I absolutely LOVE it when the entire south comes to a grinding halt over less than 3 inches of snow, meanwhile we get buried under over a foot, and there are no closures or days off.

Yet down there, we are the soft handed, city folk babies who can't handle nature. I get that you guys don't have salt trucks and don't get snow every year, but, it's snow! Lol if we can do our daily routine with 3 feet of snow on the ground, you can with an inch

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Well where I live, we get snow every year too. Not as much as you guys, but enough to have salt trucks and snow plows.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join