It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't the book of Enoch in the Bible?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenportThe Satan is one being. He got a new persona in Christianity and now hes not anything like the Jewish version

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith
He is mostly myth and the bible says little about him, but christians invented tales about him not based on truth to scare people and take blame away from Yahweh

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
a reply to: windword

Id expect someone who read it to know that. Remember Ha Satan actually works FOR God.
everything God created works for God. Of Course this includes satan. It also includes every ruler and nation and this includes some very bad people. God even had heathens working for him; for example Cyrus the Great was a heathen but he heard and obeyed God but even so he remained a pagan.

Satan does perform a function for God. Every person and thing does. Rosh, Gog and Magog (these are nations referred to by their ethnological founder) also work for him. Armenians and some turks still refers to themselves as sons of Togarmah to this very day.

4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.

7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.

8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

edit on 16-1-2016 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

In other words, according to your belief, only "free will" that God approves of is okay. "Free will" that God doesn't approve of, well, he'll kill us, or worse, damn us to eternity for using it. Yeah, that sounds fair.

It does not matter whether you do as God teaches or whether you refuse to do as God teaches, you will die regardless. The thing that truly matters is that if you rebel here then you would rebel in His kingdom and that cannot be tolerated nor would it be fair to others who have love to obey. This was already proven by the chief of the angelic creation who had everything that could be offered. All free will means is that God gives you a choice to live forever and in so doing you must have an open understandable mind. God does not damn you or anyone. We damn ourselves with choice to do whatsoever we choose.

If God chose to not give you a chance to exist in comfort forever then you would be first in line to hawk that God is also unfair and an ole meany. But now that He has given you a chance to live in comfort forever then He is still an ole meany. And according to your reasoning that is wrong. So you would want a head chopping womanizer and a pervert living next door to you forever? And that is alright with you? I sure thank God that you are not god.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701Thanks?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701Persia has ancient connections with Abraham and Zarathustra the Persians freeing the jews and impacting Judaism has deep meaning

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701
I don't think cyrus was a heathen

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Because the Council of Laodicea specifying a biblical canon. These supposed scholars decided what books could and could not be in the Bible. At least that is what I heard.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701he probably worshipped ahura mazda

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63
I declare nicea void

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

It does not matter whether you do as God teaches or whether you refuse to do as God teaches, you will die regardless.

That's a given reality. Death is inevitable for everything that lives, regardless of obedience or disobedience. When did an Oak Tree or a hive of Honey Bees sin? Death is a law of nature, here on Earth. It has nothing to do with obedience to someone's idea of what a creator being wants of its creation.

It does not matter whether you do as God teaches or whether you refuse to do as God teaches, you will die regardless. The thing that truly matters is that if you rebel here then you would rebel in His kingdom and that cannot be tolerated nor would it be fair to others who have love to obey.

So, it's not really "free will" then, it's about one's ability to follow directions.

But now that He has given you a chance to live in comfort forever then He is still an ole meany.

Pie in the sky and gooey marshmallow dreams!
edit on 16-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You like a violent God huh?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Ceeker63
I declare nicea void
Feel free. but the reason some of the books you adore were excluded was that they either were written by other than whom the work claimed as an author at a time when the titular author was long dead or else espoused doctrine or events that contradicted the books that were easily recognized as core scripture. This includes the gnostic gospels which plainly contradict the core scriptures of the bible.

That does not apply to Enoch. Enoch fell victim to politics. (My opinion of course)

And some of the extra-canonical books included in the catholic bible. For example; I find it illuminating in some cases such as when it declared that Christ wrote the sins of the adultresses' accusers in the sand and probably named names. That would sure explain why they all took off even after being so ardent for the woman's death just moment prior.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Politics is reason enough

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Moses didn't write one book and they didn't through out the pentateuch

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You like a violent God huh?
Not really. but to be fair God has to be able to mete out justice and God has to be able to accomplish his plan. A god that terminates those that do not make the cut is far better than one that torments them forever. and on that note Christians that look forward to a "heaven" where people who failed are tortured and burned forever have something seriously wrong with them as well.

Concerning earthly violence and God; if your perspective is from a spiritual world where no one ever has died for real (death of the soul) yet then death and misery on earth is of far less consequence. It isn't even the first time this has happened. Every one of us got "recalled" to the spirit world in the first earth age. God squished us. Messed up the earth in the process. We were none the worse for wear. to paraphrase Monty Python: "We got better."

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Its all good if it brings you peace. I don't think God is going to conform to ANY of our opinions of him, doctrine or random thought. I just pray to the Most High and I have done well letting everything else remain good for wisdom but I think doubt is more humble or as humble as anything.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

a reply to: Gnosisisfaith
He is mostly myth and the bible says little about him, but christians invented tales about him not based on truth to scare people and take blame away from Yahweh
It is a mistake to consider Satan as a separate entity from the serpent, the dragon, lucifer and so on. The facts are they are all the same entity. Just as YHVH, el, Shaddai al Chaim, Shadai al Tzaboath, lord of hosts, God, the lord, I am that I am, Father and so forth are all one entity. Many of these are titles or offices or portfolios rather than proper names of separate individuals.
edit on 16-1-2016 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That isn't a mistake its a fact. The genesis serpent was defeated, made a belly crawling reptile, lucifer is a myth based off misinterpretations of scripture they didn't understand at the time, but thats been cleared up for quite some time. Isaiah 14:12 has nothing to do with Ha Satan. As for christians assuming things the texts don't say, that's beyond my control, and a habit that comes from a non understanding of the Hebrew scripture.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

How many Christians believe in a prophesied being called the Anti Christ and don't know that Revelation never uses the word anti Christ once. John uses it plurally to describe people in his own time, but certainly not a guy who is the Anti Christ. They mean the Beast, but if you read the bible, you know this.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join