It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't the book of Enoch in the Bible?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing
I second thabt plud DSS And more apocrypha. Testament of Solomon, infancy gospels

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman

When you say the bible... are you referring to the Old testament or New? Furthermore, you are aware that the Old testament is originally known as the 5 books of Moses...

hint hint

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

My personal opinion is, the church would most definitely throw out anything that doesn't agree with presently accepted scripture and doctrine.

That's my personal opinion, too!!
*fist-bump*

It wouldn't matter if Jesus wrote it in stone himself.

That's the really troubling thing about all of it. And I've been at this for....how many years now?? 792, I think?

On the other hand, forgeries and fakes have been around a very long time.

Right?!!!!

It's nothing new to modern civilization.

Or even ancient civilization......

sigh

humans....ever the imaginers and impostors......the imperious and the impressionable.....the impetuous and the improper....

sometimes I think we are a sad lot indeed.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

But...what is left? You are throwing out all lies and potential fabrications of more lies (NO HOPE LEFT); oh, there is always 'reality TV' to fill in the entertainment/distraction from the REAL WORLD (not real).
edit on 14-1-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Perhaps the data within the Book of ENOCH about the non human encounters with ancient humans was too much for the minds back then to attempt to share with the many.
Also that data may link other religious groups into the prepared hypothesized teachings of the presenting religious group which could of possibly caused a religious influence influx back then.

Considers Zoroastrianism links...

Zoroastrianism[n 1] is one of the world's oldest religions, "combining a cosmogonic dualism and eschatological monotheism in a manner unique... among the major religions of the world."[1] Ascribed to the teachings of the prophet Zoroaster, its Supreme Being is Ahura Mazda. Leading characteristics, such as messianism, the Golden Rule, heaven and hell, and free will influenced other religious systems, including Second Temple Judaism, Gnosticism, Christianity, and Islam.[2] For a thousand years, forms of Zoroastrianism (including a Mithraic Median prototype and Zurvanist Sassanid successor) was one of the world's most important faith traditions, serving as the state religion of the pre-Islamic Iranian empires from around 600 BCE to 650 CE. Zoroastrianism was suppressed from the 7th century onwards following the Muslim conquest of Persia.[3] Recent estimates place the current number of Zoroastrians at around 2.6 million, with most living in India and Iran.[4][n 2] Besides the Zoroastrian diaspora, older Mithraic faith like Yazdanism is still practised amongst the Kurds.[n 3]

Or following a conspiracy theory - it could be that the actual data is understood by the few who wish not to alarm the many of past visitation activities. So they do not share openly except for with the few secret military -religious -science groups and who they may interact with more socially.

edit on 1/14/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
I second thabt plud DSS And more apocrypha. Testament of Solomon, infancy gospels

I sort of like Psalms (crazy) but that is the only one [song of Solomon included in this gospel].

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Now, if Jude thought it appropriate to quote Enoch, then why isn't the book of Enoch considered canonical in any of the major versions of the Bible around today (Protestant, Eastern Orthodox, Catholic)?

I have the book of One Enoch in my Eth Cepher and also Jasher and Jubilees along with the Apocrypha and Hebrew and Greek bibles. You can take a look at the Eth Cepher here -=- www.cepher.net...

Did you know that in the dead sea scrolls there were found 25 texts of Enoch and 24 texts of Genesis? That should show that there was at least a lot of teaching of Enoch along with Genesis. Did you also know that the early 1st century church did use Enoch in their teachings? James used Enoch as well as Torah in the first Christian church as well as other literature. That is long before the letters of the Apostles came to be called the New Testament.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

But...what is left? You are throwing out all lies and potential fabrications of more lies (NO HOPE LEFT); oh, there is always 'reality TV' to fill in the entertainment/distraction from the REAL WORLD (not real).

Hmmmm.......

yeah...... *thinking*...........

Yeah!
That's what is left: THINKING. Thinking. Insight, introspection, investigation......and also innovation (PROBLEM SOLVING OPTIONS).

"Reality tv" is our current presidential election cycle. Ridiculous, staged, scripted, hair/makeup, 'applause!' signs for the audience......
don't you think? Don't you agree?

It's preposterous! Is it real?
I don't know.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Hey look we agree on something I think. LOL

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Thinking is hard; innovation even more difficult for those of the half brain. None of this is real; its a game we play with Karma or our idea of what being a human entails. Everything occurs in good will funsterism (will you get the joke).

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
originally posted by: Punisher75
originally posted by: vethumanbeing

vhb: But...what is left? You are throwing out all lies and potential fabrications of more lies (NO HOPE LEFT); oh, there is always 'reality TV' to fill in the entertainment/distraction from the REAL WORLD (not real).

Punisher75: Hey look we agree on something I think. LOL

Yes we do; absolutely.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

Sometimes makes me wonder what words Daniel was told to shut up. It surely cannot be his own book as it's always been there.

Was it Enoch?

No idea

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Check out lost books of the bible and eden at sacred texts.com

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmasterthats the pentateuch. The whole old testament id the tanakh, but I think he meant both because Enoch would be ot and gospels nt

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
That's why I think censorship, ancient and modern, sucks. It's mythology so it can't hurt to add a few books. I love when christians shirk at the mention of apocryphal books(which means hidden, not fake) but if God didn't want you to have them, they why did he make them available? You can read them all online at sacred texts.com and biblioteca pleyades.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: drevill
Interesting. I don't see why not, according to 3 enoch which is a rabbinical text Enoch is now an angel named Metatron.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I would have to say Enoch was not included in Christian (jews were already familiar with it) cannons is because they prefer we blame humanity for the flood, and Enoch exhonerates us and that's not good for the guilt factor.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Check out lost books of the bible and eden at sacred texts.com

I will do that.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I would have to say Enoch was not included in Christian (jews were already familiar with it) cannons is because they prefer we blame humanity for the flood, and Enoch exonerates us and that's not good for the guilt factor.
it does not exonerate us. it takes two to tango and the proto-jews were definitely tango'ing with the angels and surrounding cultures to include genetically. in fact just about every time God directed them to do something or not do something they did the opposite. God's objective was to set the descendants of Adam apart from other peoples in order to provide for the messiah to be born whilst fulfilling all messianic prophesies. The proto-jews interbreeding and assimilating culture an religion from the surrounding peoples threatened the legitimacy of the messianic bloodline and threatened that there would be no one that could fulfill all of the prophesy concerning the messiah. Much of the atrocities in the OT were remedial action to protect the salvation plan.
God ordered them to slaughter this or that group and even then (perhaps understandably in the name of humanity) they would not do it to completion. at the point of enoch and then Noah they were also being seduced wholey by angels. At the time of Noah there was only one family of proto-Jews that remained eligible to pass on the savior's bloodline. thus a good deal of humanity perished. In the standard understanding all of humanity died in a world wide flood except Noah and his family. However; the lingusitics support an alternative version in which only the region flooded and so a lot of humanity survived.
edit on 15-1-2016 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I might add that this is not an excuse for racism or forbidding mixed marriages at present. Since the messiah was already born and his mission done there is no longer any imperative for the bloodlines to remain pure. and some of the stuff God commanded be done was pretty tough/horrifying/heart wrenching to do. So the proto-jews, from a human perspective, could be forgiven for not committing total genocide when it was commanded. but if they had held themselves separate a lot of the slaughter would not have been necessary and thus God would not have commanded it.

I am reasonably sure he would have still commanded it WRT people occupying the promised lands but that was not a genocide either. there were an awful lot of survivors some driven off and others taken as servants or concubines or wives and some were allowed to assimilate as citizens or at least denizens of the new state.

The Jews had a habit of taking prisoners when told not to. there is an incident about 400 BC that shows the priesthood have basically been assimilated by people initially taken as temple scribes. to the point The Ark could not be moved back into Jerusalem until runners were sent back to find some actual priests qualified to carry it without dying. There is an acrostic that covers this in Ezra-Nehiamiah as well if i recall correctly. it is some of these that actually confront Jesus and he calls them the generation (means "issue of" in this case) of vipers.
edit on 15-1-2016 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join