It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't the book of Enoch in the Bible?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
a reply to: stormbringer1701

There were no jews before the flood jew comes from judah
regardless the Adamic line still had some of what would become known as Jewish tradition. This is evident from their acts. It should be evident i know when Jews came about since i often go to pains to say proto jews, proto hebrews or Adamic as well as the occasionally resort to Jews if i am feeling lazy.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith:

Can you think of anything more cumbersome that inserting additional parts to each already wordy sentence about these people? the proto-hebrews were Adamic but no one but a few people know what is meant by "Adamic people." When discussing the messianic lineage, and prophesy one needs to keep attention on the fact that the messiah had to come from not only the lineage of adam but had to contain a priestly line and a kingly line. If any of the messianic prophesies were broken The man who would otherwise become Messiah would not qualify and there would be no messiah.

Now I am almost certainly SURE you have read my posts where i used terms like Proto Jews, or proto-hebrews. and if you have then you know your tactic here asserting i have no knowledge of when jews became a thing is wrong (and a little shady; ) right?

edit on 16-1-2016 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
by way of illustration that pre-covenant people of adamic descent had some cultural traditions later found in Jews; remember Cain and Able were celebrating or performing a coming of age sacrifice to God. Some people have even went so far as to say they were having something more or less a bar mitzvah. and there are many other instances where precovenant Adamic people practiced things that were prefigures of Jewish observances or traditions.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

well there is the fact that no hybrids have been produced since then and won't until the end days.

Uh, Jesus was supposedly a hybrid. Anyway, how do you know that there are no more hybrids?

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days,and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.
Genesis 6:4

And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
Numbers 13:33

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

the system dynamic decided (yes windword) to destroy the Bee populations; then all is lost, we then are left with evolving quickly the ability to digest dirt.

But......there will be Honey Bees in Heaven, right?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Any work authored by man will have his biases ingrained in it.
As such, it defines self-righteous behavior.

Lewis Black, a Jewish comedian, had a great skit where he talks about the old and new testament, and it rings clear with logic.

"We had the old testament, but it just was not good enough for you Christians!"

"We have this new book, with a new character, and you are going to love him!"

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: windword
That's pretty funny!!! I can't believe beiber said that, I just gained respect for him.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyvLewis blacks funny, I noticed your from boston, im from #ty Worcester.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0 x 0
It was one of the biblcal books that was removed ftom the canon. The First Council of Nicaea was in part called to deal with the plerhora of bibles that were out there.
see
first nicaea - biblacal canon
and
Development of the Christian biblical canon

Correct...there were many books and letters written, some important and some complete works of fiction. The Council of Nicea was called to put together a canon of texts deemed to be the word of God. If a text had incorrect dates, names, or information that was not in line with known beliefs, it was not included.
2 good examples are the books of Maccabees, and the book by Clement. Both considered to be great works, Maccabees is regarded as a truthful historical account of what happened during that time, and Clement wrote a book very similar to 1 and 2 Corinthians with great instruction. The problem with these two and why they did not make it into the Bible is that the books of Maccabees has incorrect dates, and possibly an incorrect name of a ruler during that time. It was deemed that the word of God would not have incorrect dates so it wasn't added. Clemet's work sounded too similar to 1 and 2 Corinthians and they assumed that while a great book, it was not inspired by God.
The collection of works in the Apocrypha are considered great and important educational books, but are not inspired by God and therefore one should not get their theology from those books.
The Pseudopocrypha are books that are considered to be complete fiction, which I think includes the book of Enoch.

It would be like 1,000 years from know someone digging up a Bible and the harry potter series...would they assume there's some conspiracy to hide these "hidden religious texts?" Probably...

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Some folks just LIKE to believe in revisionist history, no matter if it flies in the face in peer reviewed works of actual historians and linguist. Cause you know, they know better.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Anyway if Enoch is quoted in Jude, it was considered true. If it was considered true, then it's miracles make it inspired. So imo, it is in the bible. And the Ethiopian bible has it cannonized.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Nicea has no recognition in my eyes. Separation of church and state would have been a positive thing back then

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

TextHey there is a 2 enoch if you didn't know. The book of the secrets of Enoch is its title

Hey there is a rabbinical maybe Kabbalistic 3 Enoch

Yes , i Enoch is the only complete and the oldest of the set of Enochian works. 1 Enoch is found complete only in the Ethiopic language although it is believed to have its origin in Aramaic and Hebrew. The dead sea scrolls have found fragment texts from seven sources in cave 4 and were penned in Aramaic and Hebrews languages.

2 Enoch is found with many variations and James H. Charlesworth uses 2 Enoch (J) and (A) for his comparative reads.

3 Enoch is penned in Hebrew with two distinct editions (A) and (B) and is considered edited MSS.

There are many works of Enoch which would entail being an Enochian Scholar in just that realm alone. Quite mind boggling once you get into it considering that one would have to know four to six languages to even start the study. What brilliant minds of those in this field.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousMoose

The collection of works in the Apocrypha are considered great and important educational books, but are not inspired by God and therefore one should not get their theology from those books. The Pseudopocrypha are books that are considered to be complete fiction, which I think includes the book of Enoch.

Not quite true. Pseudepigraphal books do not necessarily mean the literature is misrepresented (false) but at times the work is not credited to the proper author. A good example of this is the NT of most bibles. There are 13 to 14 letters accredited to Saul/Paul in most NT Bibles but out of those 13 to 14 letters there are definitely seven letters which Paul did not pen and are considered pseudepigraphal letters. In other words other authors penned the letters with the appearance that Paul either approved or had the authors pen the works. Nevertheless according to the rule book they are pseudepigraphal literature.

I see almost daily that Christians will quote verses from the accredited works of Paul without realizing that Paul perhaps did not actually say those verses. Paul may approve what the authors have written but it gets a little touchy in some cases. I see this even in sermons of some preachers who have either forgotten what they learned or simply gloss over the facts.

But no, the dead sea scrolls have shown 1 Enoch in the same cave number 4 as other Hebrew and Aramaic literature. I am quite sure that 25 texts of Enoch along with 24 texts of Genesis should prove that 1 Enoch was taught in conjunction with Genesis. Another point you should take into consideration is that prior to the dead sea scrolls we had no Hebrew texts of 1 Enoch. Only the Ethiopian copy was available and by this, Enoch was accredited to the Hebrew people and yet the book was not accredited to the Hebrew but the Ethiopians. In that regard it is pseudepigrapha.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

right, such as Ephesians was most likely written by Tertullian, but it's just easier to say Paul

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousMoose

So it's ok to lie if its easy?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So does anyone have a link to where one can purchase just the first book of Enoch (which I gather is the most reliable--correct me if I'm wrong)?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ancient Jews (alot) considered Enoch to be a book of divine revelation, and they didn't put it with the tanakh but it was widely read and believed to be scripture. The story is compelling. The Nephilim were making life unsustainable AND teaching humans forbidden knowledge. Godddestroyed the Nephilim and flooded the world to keep man genetically pure. Not because we were evil, like the early church believed. To keep people in the dark was the reason it isn't in the bible.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman

It should be easy to find on eBay or Amazon. Read it for free at sacred texts.com or buy the lost books of the bible and the forgotten books of Eden, it has 2 enoch which is also at sacred texts

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
originally posted by: windword
a reply to: vethumanbeing

vhb: the system dynamic decided (yes windword) to destroy the Bee populations; then all is lost, we then are left with evolving quickly the ability to digest dirt.

windword: But......there will be Honey Bees in Heaven, right?

If that is your desire. You will be able to manifest your food; if you need it (a lighter dimension/not necessary as are no longer heavy matter). What one can do, is make ocean waves yellow and squared/timed to music (yellow square waves). You have no idea what is store for you (the joy) as in having the ability to create anything you wish. I think this was meant by the statement "The Kingdom of God is before you" I would add, (don't pay any attention to your earthly confines) as is not true; it is a confined dense matter place you just visited is all.
edit on 18-1-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join