It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't the book of Enoch in the Bible?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
A subject close to my heart
But
Who's to say the messed about highly edited KJ version is true and not the contents of Enoch?
Surely if we can accept that version of the Bible and its "ridiculous" contents we can accept Enoch?
Who are we to say the book of Enoch is complete nonsense simply because we don't understand it?
There may come a time when we discover there are errors in translation and 450ft may actually be 4ft 5in or that the whole thing is completely true.
We humans have a tendency to disbelieve anything and everything until the absolute and ultimate proof...we're a sceptical lot

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenportEnoch is my favorite book of the bible

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenportEnoch is my favorite book of the bible

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

Personally, I'm not religious but I do love reading the Book of Enoch & Ezekiel too they are fascinating

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

. Satan and his angels refused to submit to this indignity and it is because of this that they are doomed to destruction already. The plan involves a strict set of laws and a judicial process as well as means of remission.

That was addressed in the Book of Enoch, and ALL those Angels were defeated and bound deep in the earth, not to be released until Judgement Day.

Further, the Book of Genesis lays no "plan for salvation" in the way of a scapegoat, nor does GOD(s) promise to incarnate as a mortal to volunteer as a sacrifice to himself for the shortcomings of their own creation.

What the (allegorical) Genesis story does do is place the responsibility for overcoming our "animal nature" squarely on us, using our own fortitude:

Genesis 4:6
Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.

edit on 16-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenporttry the testament of Solomon

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

That's Semjaza not Satan

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Hmmm not sure I've read that one will have a nosey

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Id expect someone who read it to know that. Remember Ha Satan actually works FOR God.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I know.....

My belief is that the Book of Enoch is an ancient saga, much like Homer's Oddyssy & Illiad, that the Jews adopted as their own heritage, much like they did with Epic of Gilgamesh and the story of Job.

Then it became twisted, retrofitted if you will, to fit with occult Christian theology.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith

Id expect someone who read it to know that. Remember Ha Satan actually works FOR God.

Indeed!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport
If you are interested in demons that's a must read. You can read it online

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Quite possibly true. I think you would like the Jerusalem bible, as it is honest about such things... and rare. I just bought a mint condition 1966 to replace my beat up one 75$ but so worth it it has copious amounts of footnotes uses Yahweh instead of lord and departs from Catholic dogma a lot. It even acknowledges the link to Canaan of El Elyon or God Most High and how he was Yahwehs father

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Fascinating! Is it available anywhere on line?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Maybe pdf but you might have to buy it

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GnosisisfaithI forgot to mention it was made on order of the pope

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

But the book of Enoch actually refers to Satans plural...was always curious about this and from the context of the sentence I took it to mean simply the naughty people/visitors/angels therefore this one mythical Satan has probably never existed as we believe it, but maybe a whole group of satans perhaps

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenportsatans is Hebrew for adversaries, quite common and left untranslated makes it look like a name

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Ha Satan is a title for a being who works for Yahweh. It means The Adversary. But any adversary can be a satan

edit on 16-1-2016 by Gnosisisfaith because: error

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

ahh right so was as I thought not just the one bad boy Satan but could be many and probably are lol

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join