It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 asylum seekers among 31 suspects in Cologne attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
German police have said in their investigation of reports from 121 women who say they had been robbed, threatened or sexually molested 31 suspects have been identified and that 18 of those were in the process of claiming asylum in Germany.

2 men with North African roots have been arrested on suspicion of involvement in the assaults.

"As of yesterday, the federal police had determined there were 32 criminal acts on the night, with 31 suspects whose names are known," Plate said. "Eighteen had asylum-seeker status."

Plate said most of the 32 criminal acts were tied to theft and bodily injury. Three were related to sexual assaults, and police had not yet identified suspects for these attacks.

Of the 31 suspects, nine were Algerian, eight Moroccan, five Iranian, and four Syrian. Two German citizens, an Iraqi, a Serb and a U.S. citizen were also among those suspected of having committed crimes.

Plate did not say if any of the 31 had been charged. "The investigations are ongoing," he added.
uk.reuters.com...

Even in the wake of the assaults and similar incidents in other European countries the ruling CDU party have rejected calls for a limit on numbers of migrants entering the country , it remains to be seen how far into this year we get before they are forced to act.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The New York Times (hardly a right-wing publication) pieced THIS video together from various cell phone recordings. (WARNING: GRAPHIC).

It depicts a large mob of Afghan men beating, stoning, stomping and ultimately setting on fire a defenseless woman who was accused of burning a Koran. This was not a case of an oppressive regime causing harm to defenseless citizens. This was a group of citizens attacking one of their own (for something that the Ministry of Hajj and Religious Affairs later claimed she didn't do in the first place).

The point is, considering the West has opened the flood gates and is not able to control the number of people entering as alleged refugees and vetting is near impossible, how do you think a few dozen of the individuals in the video would act should they decide to re-brand themselves as refugees? Would they, like flipping on a light switch, suddenly become Westerners? Do people like that have any place in modern, relatively civilized societies? You think the New Years Eve sex assaults were bad? Buddy, you ain't seen nothing yet.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Mad Merkals chickens comeing home to roost.

Im all for helping refugees.

But it needs to be done sensibly and controlled. The opposite of Germany.

Germany you went full retard....

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Would they, like flipping on a light switch, suddenly become Westerners?

And that hits the nail on the head , it isn't about race or xenophobia it's about cultures and the gulf between the culture in the West and that in the East , culture is ingrained through a persons childhood so of course a change of country will not necessarily lead to a change of culture , this has been shown over and over.

edit on 8-1-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It says in British papers one asylum seeker was found with a book containing translation from arabic to German of sayings like "nice breasts".

Also saying there have been similar attacks in Sweden, Finland, Norway and Switzerland and women have been warned not to go out alone as they seem to be coordinated attacks.

Of course some on here were talking about this months ago with regard to Sweden and the fact 80% were men but were told it was propaganda from far right and that the people commenting on the truth of rapes in Sweden and other Countries (UK included with grooming gangs in Rotherham, Oxford etc) were in fact just bigoted, xenophobic etc.

I wonder what those same people have to say now. No doubt will say it is all far right and not true. If they do say this even now then I can only assume they dont believe in an equal and fair society.

Women shouldnt have to be afraid of going out on their own in the West and the leaders now need to start doing what they should have been doing all along and putting the indigenous population first otherwise there will be civil war all over Europe if it isnt already too late.

Rather worryingly I saw today that Facebook, Twitter etc have been told they have to take down any negative comments about migrants in Germany so in other words they are stopping their own peopke from being able to discuss the truth! Frightening!, a reply to: gortex

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

This whole behaviour annoys me intensely because unless these dinks were in mobs they wouldn't behave like this.
Individually they suddenly 'know precisely' how to behave in a Western Country. Is alcohol the sole reason why this behaviour happened, I doubt it?

As they outbreed us, is this likely to be the shape of things to come when they are the majority in Europe? Many of these single men claim they have made the journey and intend to send for their families. I wonder if anyone has thought about the figures involved when the dependants arrive.

The West would do far better to work to repair Syria and stop the nonsense there immediately because that has been the trigger for this invasion, which Europe cannot hope to assimilate because there aren't enough jobs, homes, etc etc for all these people.

Western people can't hope to understand islamic men's behaviour because it is so totally against what our culture values. The idea of stamping on a woman's head because she burned a bible is beyond imagination its depraved and sheer wicked. There is no common ground and we should beware of Islamists who profess our values and say what we want to hear. They are already dictating islam behaviour by bringing fear to our people already.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
What is happening in Europe is an absolute disgrace.

When you let in millions of refugees with little to no vetting, what happened in Cologne (and other German cities) as well as across Europe is not surprising.

I would suggest a ban on all refugees until vetting is in place and all existing refugess admitted into Europe in the last 6 months being certified to stay or deported. When the controls are in place then the refugee crisis can be properly addressed without putting existing citizens at risk. Of course, something so obviously sensible will no doubt be seen as an extreme right wing hate crime by the loony left. Donald Trump was so clearly correct.

It doesn't help at all when the mayor of Cologne asks women to follow a code of conduct to avoid getting raped instead of focusing on the obvious problem at hand.

edit on 8/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Donald Trump was so clearly correct.

No.
Merkal and Trump are both idiots.

Merkal is a idiot for allow uncontrolled immigration.

Trumps a idiot for throwing out unworkable ideas and getting the derp derp crowd het up with hyperbole and stupid slogans.

What is needed is a balanced and sensible approach.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Donald Trump was so clearly correct.

No.
Merkal and Trump are both idiots.

Merkal is a idiot for allow uncontrolled immigration.

Trumps a idiot for throwing out unworkable ideas and getting the derp derp crowd het up with hyperbole and stupid slogans.

What is needed is a balanced and sensible approach.

No, what is needed is sense, not balance.
What is not sensible about checking who is coming into the country in order to protect your own citizens?
It's time to admit the huge mistake and correct it.

It is wholly appropriate to press the stop button for now and engage rewind in order to sort out the mess created. What is idiotic is compounding the issue with quotes like:

"We need to prevent confusion about what constitutes happy behaviour and what is utterly separate from openness, especially in sexual behaviour" - Mayor Reker of Cologne. The mayor went on to tell women how they should behave in public.

Absolute madness.

There comes a time when you have to deal with the issues staring you in the face and put aside trying to steer a path of all things to all men and women.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I would say the big difference is other than getting people hyped up, Trump has no power to do anything. Of the two, Merkel is the only one that has the ability to affect policy.... and as people are finally starting to acknowledge.... her policies suck.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

No, what is needed is sense.

That what I said. A Balenced and SENSIBLE approach.

What is not sensible about checking who is coming into the country in order to protect your own citizens?
It's time to admit the huge mistake and correct it.

I never said we shouldnt. Please quote me were I said we shouldnt? Thats right I DIDNT.

Doing that would be part of my balanced and sennsible approach.

It is wholly appropriate to press the stop button for now and engage rewind in order to sort out the mess created.

Again I didnt say no to that. I think that would be ceratinly needed in Germany, France and Scandinavia .

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Some folk need to tread carefully-there will be home grown citizens that may respond in kind and in many eyes across the world that makes the citizens no better than the accused.

However these ruffians are in Germany now and must adhere to their laws and suffer the consequences of disobeying those laws. Most of the world frowns upon violence against women and they should be made an example of. Asylum is given and not demanded and it casts a shadow on the honest and genuine refugees who just want a better life, now they will come under scrutiny for the actions of a few whackjobs.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I specifically EXCLUDED balance as I think balance is inappropriate right now - but edited my post to make that clearer.

What Trump said - and I am fairly neutral on him - is exactly what I summarised. His call for a 'ban' was precisiely because the checks are not in place. I disagree that his call was idiotic or unworkable.

To be specific -
'the stop button' = stop refugee immigration completely for now until such a time where vetting is effective (basically what Trump called for)
'the rewind button' = assess and deport, where appropriate, all refugees that have entered the country in the last 6 months.

There is no time for balance.

Fortunately for America, the rewind is not as necassary because millions of unchecked refugees have not flooded the country yet. But for Europe its a complete mess.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The balanced approach from the very beginning should have been to not let anyone into Europe making the journey across the med. They should have been sent back and told to go through the correct procedures to claim asylum. Most normal people wanted this.

They could then have took the most vulnerable from the camps ie eldetly, sick, women on their own with children. And then families.

As it stands they have encouraged people to make the journey, 80% of them fit young men, a lot economic migrants. Meanwhile the true refugees children are freezing in the cold in Serbia.

If it was me I would turn back people now to Turkey to send a message no more will get in through this route.

I would then deal with the young men already here by sending back economic and any involved in criminal activity.

I also would give precedence to Christians and Yazidies who are the most persecuted and whose cultures are more like ours. We spent hundreds of years getting equal rights for women, gay people etc so why should we accept a culture who doesnt believe in those rights.a reply to: crazyewok

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Some folk need to tread carefully-there will be home grown citizens that may respond in kind and in many eyes across the world that makes the citizens no better than the accused.

However these ruffians are in Germany now and must adhere to their laws and suffer the consequences of disobeying those laws. Most of the world frowns upon violence against women and they should be made an example of. Asylum is given and not demanded and it casts a shadow on the honest and genuine refugees who just want a better life, now they will come under scrutiny for the actions of a few whackjobs.

Agreed. Isolated cases are one thing, but when hundreds of incidents happen in one night, how long before brothers, fathers and sons take the matter into their own hands? If this is not dealt with swiftly and decisively it could lead to chaos.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Already it said yesterday 9,000 had signed up to vigilante groups in Germany made up of fathers, brothers etc who are going to start patrols to protect their women. I seriously think things could get out of hand in Germany and if it does it will spread all over Europe as fast as taking a match to an unlit flame. Things have been simmering for a long time and this could be the catalyst. The worrying thing is I think this has been the plan all along by whoever has been fueling this exodus.a reply to: UKTruth

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Already it said yesterday 9,000 had signed up to vigilante groups in Germany made up of fathers, brothers etc who are going to start patrols to protect their women. I seriously think things could get out of hand in Germany and if it does it will spread all over Europe as fast as taking a match to an unlit flame. Things have been simmering for a long time and this could be the catalyst. The worrying thing is I think this has been the plan all along by whoever has been fueling this exodus.a reply to: UKTruth

I don't go as far to say this was a plan to create unrest. I rather think that Merkel and her kind are extremists who believe that everyone can just be nice to each other and all get along. They are living in some crazy utopian dream world.

The response to women of 'keep at arms length and stay away from them' and the instruction to rapists of 'please understand what happy behaviour is' is just evidence that they have no clue at all about how the world works.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The response to women of 'keep at arms length and stay away from them' and the instruction to rapists of 'please understand what happy behaviour is' is just evidence that they have no clue at all about how the world works.

I cannon convey the levels of rage and disgust I felt when I started reading about the reactions of some of Germany's politicians. My lower eyelid was literally twitching I was so enraged.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

As it stands they have encouraged people to make the journey, 80% of them fit young men, a lot economic migrants. Meanwhile the true refugees children are freezing in the cold in Serbia.

In truth economic migration is valid-Chinese and Indians will seek work abroad legally and send money back home and that's noble-however some of these fit young men cannot help their families back in Syria even if they wanted to-if they even had a family to start with. Those miscreants sneaking or scrambling over the border shows that at times it is literally every man for himself.If the situation was so dire you'd do what some do and pass their children over the fence instead of running the gauntlet.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Maybe the result of things like this will be that the natives decide to look after things themselves rather than rely on authorities who see their greatest priorities as making out everything is rosy.

I certainly couldn't condemn anyone for taking the law into their own hands now, unlike the nutcase apologists who are sure to be beating a path to this thread to insist it was the victim's fault or that nothing actually happened.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join