It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 asylum seekers among 31 suspects in Cologne attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I specifically EXCLUDED balance as I think balance is inappropriate right now - but edited my post to make that clearer.

Going from one extreme to the other is how problems have caused. Germany has gone to one extereme look at them. But going the other way could be just as bad.

What Trump said - and I am fairly neutral on him - is exactly what I summarised. His call for a 'ban' was precisiely because the checks are not in place. I disagree that his call was idiotic or unworkable.

Do tell me how do you ban all muslims from entry? Last time I checked religion is not on your passport!
You will make people passing through border control eat bacon?

Now if he had said banning travel from high risk countrys like Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Pakistan ect I would 100% support that as its not only workable but been done.

To be specific -
'the stop button' = stop refugee immigration completely for now until such a time where vetting is effective (basically what Trump called for)
'the rewind button' = assess and deport, where appropriate, all refugees that have entered the country in the last 6 months.

In the UK and USA refugees have not cause trouble and have been let in small controlled numbers. Deporting them back to Syria is not going to help seeing as most attacks have been from domestic Muslims.

Now mainland Europe I agree. They let things run wild and there needs to be some sort of rewind.

There is no time for balance.

No there should always be Balance.
Lack of balance lead to the problems in Germany, its lead to wars , its lead to dictatorships and its lead to all sorts of extremes.

Fortunately for America, the rewind is not as necassary because millions of unchecked refugees have not flooded the country yet. But for Europe its a complete mess.

I agree. Europe needs to press the stop button and rewind.

USA and UK not so much.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Since there is also one USAmerican amongst the identified culprits I think we all agree that he should be the first to be castrated to safe us all from sharia law.

No?

He is not even a refugee from war.

But maybe he is innocent. Let's put down the stones until we cannot resist anymore.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Siddharta too late for niceties. People are scared, people must be punished now, quick! Before all the best stones are gone

edit on 8-1-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
No one mentioned summary justice. None of us were demanding no trials. Some of us merely called for harsh sentences for the guilty and preventative measures in the future against a reoccurrence of this kind of thing.

It's a good example of how prejudice can blind you to the facts. You saw what you imagined the "nasty people who don't think all this is something to be shrugged off" were thinking.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I agree that no refugess should be deported - IF they are screened and found to be safe.
Those that are checked and found to be unsafe should be deported without delay or discussion.

You cant solve this problem with balance, no matter how hard you try. Arrests and deportation for all those involved in these crimes is needed. An example should be made to send a clear message out. Pandering to criminals is the type of 'balance' we do not need. I am sure the mayor of Cologne thought she was being balanced when she told German women to change the way they behave in order to avoid rape.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Siddharta
Since there is also one USAmerican amongst the identified culprits I think we all agree that he should be the first to be castrated to safe us all from sharia law.

No?

He is not even a refugee from war.

But maybe he is innocent. Let's put down the stones until we cannot resist anymore.

No one has mentoined castration or sharia law.

In the case of the US Citizen he should be arrested and deported back to the US to stand trial, where he can be jailed for his crimes should he be found guilty.

edit on 8/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: Siddharta too late for niceties. People are scared, people must be punished now, quick! Before all the best stones are gone

Not 'people', only the guilty. I thnk it is reasonable to punish the guilty or am I being too harsh? Maybe its the fault of the horrible German women for wearing the wrong clothes.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I agree that no refugess should be deported - IF they are screened and found to be safe.
Those that are checked and found to be unsafe should be deported without delay or discussion.

You cant solve this problem with balance, no matter how hard you try. Arrests and deportation for all those involved in these crimes is needed. An example should be made to send a clear message out. Pandering to criminals is the type of 'balance' we do not need. I am sure the mayor of Cologne thought she was being balanced when she told German women to change the way they behave in order to avoid rape.

To me deproting the criminals does comew under balanced.

That is reasonble.

Banning all Muslim = Unreasonable and Unworkable.

Tighter screening and deportation of Criminals = Fair and reasonable.

To be honest I would like to see more pressure placed on Saudi Arabia and UAE to take in refuges with sanctions on refusal. I would like to see more support and secruity in the refugee camps as better conditions in them would mean less makeing the dangrous journys to us.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Trump used the words Muslims and that was his only mistake. However, when you take what he said and make it enforceable you quickly get to a point where you place a temporary ban on immigration from all passport holders of predominantly muslim countries and you work on tighter control to identify fake passports. Perhaps instead of focusing on background checks for gun control, more effort and resources should be put in place on background checks for terrorist control.

There were way too many poeple who were too quick to jump all over Trump instead of accepting the fact he had a point. Those using terms like 'un-American' and 'not what we stand for' were mouthing off without any basis in fact.

Trump - temporarily ban muslims [sic], - wrong, ban citizens of muslim countries.
Trump - understand the reasons for the hatred before we open up borders' [sic]- spot on
Trump - tighten up controls to make sure terrorists are not entering the country [sic] - spot on

Those frothing at the mouth eager to jump into condemnation at the earliest opportunity:
- what Trump said is un American [sic] - bull#
- what Trump said was unconstitutoinal - bull#
- Trump is like Hitler [sic] - bull#

What happened in Cologne and across Germany and what is also happening in other European countrieslike Sweden is exactly the reason why Trump is right on this issue.

Like so many others, I am still so furious at the response from politicians and some extremist lefties (who had the audacity to underplay the crimes on the basis that 'Germen men rape too') that I am perhaps hammering home my point more vociferously than I would ordinarily do, but the fact remains, action is needed now not more words from bleeding heart politicians.

I agree with your point on Saudi Arabia fully. How they are being allowed to get away with taking no refugees at all is a mystery. As big a mystery as the fact the same bleeding hearts asking for understanding for the molesters and rapists are not nearly as vocal on calling out Suadi Arabia for their inaction.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Idiots...just keep on letting them in the country.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I know this i o.t but it is the same kind of event, and frankly, having daughters myself in the same age, am so upset right now I have tears in my eyes.

A seven year old girl in Sweden found a berry and aproched some teenage immigrant and asked if they knew what it was. They shouted "It is a berry" and then thru a stool at her.

!!!She then was surrounded by them and one of them, a 19y old guy from Angola (corrected) peed on her!!!

When she ran away, he threw a wooden board at her, hitting her in the back.

They girl could identifiy the guy with the help of facebook and he got caught and sentenced to a hefty fine of 7600 SEK, about 890 US dollars he had to pay to the poor little girl...

Source in Swedish

www.st.nu...

edit on 9-1-2016 by Floke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Floke
common sense would dictate that he be sent to prison then deported ASAP back to whatever hell hole he came from regardless of what awaits him on return.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I have honestly given up all hope for the Swedish goverment and authorities to show anything remotly close to common sense.
I dont know how much you know about the situation in Sweden but it is bad. Like, snowballing to hell bad. I dont recognize the country I grew up in.
The punishment for criminals is a joke. A 17y old from Somalia raped a 11y girl and got a couple of hours community service. We cant deport crimnals and Daesh-supporters to Syria and Eritria, no matter how horrible crimes they commit, bevause those countries are "not safe". It is like not deporting a Nazi to Germany during WW2 because "people are not safe there." We house criminals and daesh-supporter and let them live on our money at the same time we cut back on money to refugee camps in Syria, our elder care centers etc. But when we questuon why, we are labled rasists by left wing media and a political correctness that has become a sickness of this country.

The police did not report on a similar event like in Köln happening this summer in a festival in Stockholm. We could not read about it untill now in some Swedish media. We have immigrants attacking police, ambulance and firedepartment with rocks and fireworks on many occasions only in december. In my small town of 100k we had over 20 cars burning in a couple of weeks, last summer, 9 only during one weekend.
In my town this week, woman a few days ago got followed by a forign man i a car who got aggressive and demanded that she should get into his car. She called the cops and they said, "sorry we do not have any one to send. Can you take a picture of the man and his car." I mean, what???

edit on 9-1-2016 by Floke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Floke

I have honestly given up all hope for the Swedish goverment and authorities to show anything remotly close to common sense.
I dont know how much you know about the situation in Sweden but it is bad. Like, snowballing to hell bad. I dont recognize the country I grew up in.
The punishment for criminals is a joke. A 17y old from Somalia raped a 11y girl and got a couple of hours community service. We cant deport crimnals and Daesh-supporters to Syria and Eritria, no matter how horrible crimes they commit, bevause those countries are "not safe". It is like not deporting a Nazi to Germany during WW2 because "people are not safe there." We house criminals and daesh-supporter and let them live on our money at the same time we cut back on money to refugee camps in Syria, our elder care centers etc. But when we questuon why, we are labled rasists by left wing media and a political correctness that has become a sickness of this country.

The police did not report on a similar event like in Köln happening this summer in a festival in Stockholm. We could not read about it untill now in some Swedish media. We have immigrants attacking police, ambulance and firedepartment with rocks and fireworks on many occasions only in december. In my small town of 100k we had over 20 cars burning in a couple of weeks, last summer, 9 only during one weekend.
In my town this week, woman a few days ago got followed by a forign man i a car who got aggressive and demanded that she should get into his car. She called the cops and they said, "sorry we do not have any one to send. Can you take a picture of the man and his car." I mean, what???

Sorry to hear of these experiences. I live in the UK and its not as bad as Sweden or Germany , but no doubt the maniacs in charge in the Uk will do their very best to make it as bad.

There is only one solution to all this, and its blatantly obvious. Kick out refugees for any infringement of the law and stop all new refugees at the border. Its time some settlements were built and protected in the middle east and of course pressure put on countries like Saudia Arabia to take the majority of refugees.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This whole situation just gets worse - organised protest against the madness leads to arrests. In other words, get raped and accept it, if you protest we'll arrest you. Europe is sinking fast.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The more it carries on like this, the more people will seek their own brand of justice.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
The more it carries on like this, the more people will seek their own brand of justice.

You do have to wonder how much more people can take.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It has already happen. In several citys in Finland, vigilante group "Soldiers of Odin" are on patroll.

www.svd.se...

Cant say Im surprised at all.

In Sweden, the police is so occupied and out of resources (now where did all the money go..?) that they even them self ASKED people to start vigilant groups and help out checking for crimes

www.svd.se...

The police even them self claims all resources go to immigrants in that article.

Now.. where did the money go?

First, let me tell you some examples from "rich" Sweden. The elder care in Sweden is ok it knees. No money left. My city is facing cutbacks in the millions. They cant hire any more staff and there is a buyers stop. The elders didnt even get christmas decirations this year.
The school my kids go to had no money left for hire special needa teachers that was highly needed.
The city of Malmo is bankrupt. They borrow money from other citys.
The police is highly under staffed. They have to priority. A friend called and said a gang sat on a bench on the company propery, doing drugs. The cop never came.

And still:

In Magdalena Andersson’s budget proposal six months ago, the estimated costs of asylum reception between the years 2015-2018 was set to 153 billion SEK. In the spring budget, costs have been revised upwards and is now estimated to end up at 172 billion from 2015 to 2018.

swedenreport.org...

70 billion is what UN ask for in refugee money per year. In the ENTIRE WORLD.

Yet we cant question this..

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Floke
a reply to: UKTruth

It has already happen. In several citys in Finland, vigilante group "Soldiers of Odin" are on patroll.

www.svd.se...

Cant say Im surprised at all.

In Sweden, the police is so occupied and out of resources (now where did all the money go..?) that they even them self ASKED people to start vigilant groups and help out checking for crimes

www.svd.se...

The police even them self claims all resources go to immigrants in that article.

Now.. where did the money go?

First, let me tell you some examples from "rich" Sweden. The elder care in Sweden is ok it knees. No money left. My city is facing cutbacks in the millions. They cant hire any more staff and there is a buyers stop. The elders didnt even get christmas decirations this year.
The school my kids go to had no money left for hire special needa teachers that was highly needed.
The city of Malmo is bankrupt. They borrow money from other citys.
The police is highly under staffed. They have to priority. A friend called and said a gang sat on a bench on the company propery, doing drugs. The cop never came.

And still:

In Magdalena Andersson’s budget proposal six months ago, the estimated costs of asylum reception between the years 2015-2018 was set to 153 billion SEK. In the spring budget, costs have been revised upwards and is now estimated to end up at 172 billion from 2015 to 2018.

swedenreport.org...

70 billion is what UN ask for in refugee money per year. In the ENTIRE WORLD.

Yet we cant question this..

Ok soidiers if Odin is a epic name

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

You do have to wonder how much more people can take.

Not much more at all and frankly, there's no reason they should.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join