It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Make America Strong Again

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

This story (if you could, please source it) is interesting.

Because Obama is right....and even if there aren't any "killer tubs", the regular kind are doing a better job of killing Americans than ISIS-flavored maniac lunatics.....

and come to that, American terrorists are doing far more damage. Comprehensive Mental Health care: it's important. It is something we should spend money on. Far higher priority than Israel's whiny neediness.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

With the way our society stigmatizes mental health, a FELON would have an easier time with a job.
THAT is a wise campaign to work on.
edit on 10-4-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

So, you agree that Mental Health is important?

If so, cool. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

It's COMPLETELY ignored having been in it all my life I CAN tell you .
NOBODY knows why math isn't possible with me after THOUSANDS have been spent growing up . THEN you get someone who digs into THEIR own pet theories of how to treat you and if they're VA you get anti depressants or you best turn to herb.
THERE is no mental health system in the US at all just state and local trying to plug dams with their fingers.
The ones who can't get care are homeless and gave up long ago.
edit on 10-4-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Wallace of Fox News in a televised interview with Obama on 4/10/16.

I also think Mental Health is a very important issue and if it can be made affordable, the government should help provide it as a benefit to those who are in need of same.

That is one of the reasons I would vote for Governor John Kasich of Ohio for President, as he has made strides relative to this issue during his time as governor of an important Mid Western state.

edit on 11-4-2016 by kendix1960 because: added word for clarity

edit on 11-4-2016 by kendix1960 because: added word for clarity

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I agree mental health issues are something that needs government attention and the V.A. in particular should be bolstered and enhanced with regard to same.

That is one of the reasons I endorse John Kasich for President given his work on this important area while Governor of Ohio.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

He has NO chance above Cruz.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

If there is a brokered convention in Cleveland in July, the Republicans will turn to Kasich and not to Cruz because the governor would defeat Clinton whereby Cruz would be defeated by her. And Clinton is almost certain to be the nominee of the Democrats.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Some of the so called American terrorists to whom you refer, Buz, were recruited by Isis and joined up with them. The San Bernadino, California terrorist attack is a case in point. That is just one of the reasons Isis is so dangerous.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Some of the so called American terrorists to whom you refer, Buz, were recruited by Isis and joined up with them. The San Bernadino, California terrorist attack is a case in point.

Well, ken - you are correct about the San Bernardino and the Boston bombings....

HOWEVER, that was NOT the case at Sandy Hook or the Batman movie in Aurora, or the white supremacist who murdered 3 people outside a Jewish community center, or the guy who walked into a church and shot an abortion provider, or the Virginia Tech guy, or any number of other crazed lunatics who snapped.

That said, ALL of them are mentally ill. EVERY. LAST. ONE.

Now - tell me again why paying for and inciting "more violence" is a better idea than dealing with MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES and addressing grievances (whether real or imagined).......
You are more likely to be killed by a lightning strike or to be smashed by a piece of furniture. Or heart disease, or a car crash, or obesity, or alcoholism, or falling from a ladder or slipping in the tub or a medical mistake....... than you are to be killed by a terrorist.

The chances of being killed in a terrorist attack are about 1 in 20 million. A person is as likely to be killed by his or her own furniture, and more likely to die in a car accident, drown in a bathtub, or in a building fire than from a terrorist attack.

Deadly Statistics

Now - how about we talk about ways to spend our energy, time, and money to HELP PEOPLE instead of killing them, ruining their homes and towns and cities, displacing them, starving them, bombing them, and otherwise pissing them off.
Hmmm? How about that???

edit on 4/11/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Yep. I was a professional mental health provider until the state cut funding for Community Mental Health Centers. Now I'm out of work, and millions of people who need help are out on the street. You are right.

Furthermore, big pharma is ridiculous and in bed with psychiatry. I could tell you a recent all-too-true personal, anecdotal horror story, but I'd rather not. Putting people on a cocktail of SSRIs, benzodiazapines, opiates, and 'nerve agents', all of which come with substantial risks and warnings, rather than giving them real help, is asinine. I am acutely and personally aware of this issue, cav. Believe me, I hear you.

Talk therapy is far, far more effective than chemical therapy.....which is why I encourage people to talk to Clinical Social Workers (psychotherapists) rather than "Psychiatrists". The latter is an M.D. who thinks they are "superior" and can "cure" people, while the former starts where the client is, builds a trusting relationship, does not judge or demand things, and WORKS WITH THEM to identify options and find personalized, tailored solutions to their problems.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I never said ALL terrorist attacks on our shores were the work of Isis recruits, Buz. Yes we do have, and for a long time have had, our share of home grown crowns. It is a problem to be sure.

I agree Mental Health is a serious issue that can not and should not be ignored or placed on the back burner any longer

But you do agree Isis is dangerous and they, too, must be dealt with effectively and right way. Statistics and odds don't mean a thing to the many families who have already been the victims of these many horrific attacks. I'm sure you agree with that. And unfortunately there will be many more to come unless these barbarians are destroyed and defeated.
edit on 11-4-2016 by kendix1960 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Okay, I'm done talking to you about this. You are hell-bent on killing people, and I would rather do anything but that.

So - justify your homicidal fantasies if that makes you happy. I will NEVER, EVER agree with aggressive war as a solution to ANYTHING.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Why not support Russia and Assad, that might be more effective. At least in Syria.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

That's fine with me, Buz, but unfairly accusing me of wanting to kill people when I want to save innocent lives is reprehensible on your part. You can disagree with me but I personally resent that comment, and if you no longer wish to discuss this matter with me, that will surely be for the best!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

The U.S. is already trying to cooperate with Putin in Syria but Russia seems to want to save Assad, it's ally, more than it wants to kill Isis terrorists. It is a thorny problem to be sure.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I find it reprehensible that you want to use violence to stop violence.

Innocents are being killed every bloody day, all over the world. I don't want any of them to die. Guilty people are also dying...it's not my (or your) place to decide who needs to die. You have said repeatedly that you want to annihilate ISIS using deadly force. Why can't someone else do it? Someone who has more invested in their culture than the US does?

Whatever, you can resent it all you want. To be honest, I resent that you care so much more about Israel and killing ISIS than you do about housing, feeding, educating, modernizing, cleaning up and looking after our own country. Yeah yeah, good that you want Universal Health Care and are concerned about mental health. I'm glad to hear it.

Now - just cut Israel loose so we can focus on our own, and we'll be fine. Become less dependent on other people's resources and work on our own resourcefulness.

We'll be STRONG when we start acting like a responsible country, like, say, for example, CANADA, and not the school-yard bully. (And yes, I think of Earth as a school for the soul - and I believe in karma and reincarnation.)

edit on 4/11/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Buzzy, I really no longer wish to talk with you!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

America has never been diminished, nor indeed has it lost any of it's strength. What it has lost though, is respect.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Ken, that doesn't surprise me!

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join