It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Make America Strong Again

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

This is not only a war that we can win. It is a war that we MUST win!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

How do you win a war of ideas? For each birth there is a new recruit. Maybe new ideas? Like make tribes, religion, birthrights, secondary to unity and peace. To win that war, it has to start with them.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Their only idea is to impose their will on the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I would much rather be proud of our President and be able to praise him. But the truth hurts and I'm much more concerned about what Obama has done to harm America. I realize you don't agree.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I'm sorry you haven't done your homework about what America was intended to be all about by our founding fathers.

Give me a break.

I know exactly what America was supposed to be about. I'm 57 years old, and have been studying England and America for decades.
You come across as though you think we are all idiots. Think again. You're dealing with well-educated adults here, not a bunch of basement-dwelling D&D kids.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
I have always, right from the start, had only the utmost repect for you, Buz! I don't expect us to agree all the time and only wish to express my views and opinions.

Indeed it was my first impression that you were intelligent and well educated from the nature of your posts.

Because I enjoy exchanging ideas with educated and intelligent folks, it is my hope that that we can continue to do so going forward.
edit on 7-4-2016 by kendix1960 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Well, that would be great. But you keep telling people "we're done." That's not very conducive to conversation.

Have you considered the fact that you (yes, you!) might be "wrong-headed" in your Zionic Zeal?

You sure do seem to be pushing for war....and we keep trying to point out why that may be not only an over-reaction, but a counterproductive move. The more bombs you drop, the more bodies you inject into that hellish scenario - the more trouble you cause. The more harm you do to them, the WORSE you make it.

Can you even please consider that possibility? That the actions of the West and the USA meddling over there has created this? I don't know the truth about 9/11, but I know it happened. I remember exactly where I was....my kids were in school (4th and 6th grade)....I was driving on I-35.....I heard it on the radio, and my blood turned ice-cold.

Try reading

"The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11" by Lawrence Wright, which goes into great historical detail about Israel and the Arab world and how things got as bad as they did.....(link goes to wiki description/entry)

and

"Dirty Wars" by Jeremy Scahill (link goes to the site for the book). Spills the beans about the mercenary 'special ops' Pentagon/Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld Military Industrial Complex.....
it is a hefty tome, and packed with details and facts - but it will help you understand better, also.

This is all mixed in, kendix: the MIC, and Israel/Arab strife, along with culture clash, religious bickering, Western vs Tribal lifestyles, and "oil."

You know how to use internet search engines....besides the two sources linked herein, it would be better for you to read reviews, chapters/excerpts, encyclopedic descriptions, and also possible radio or video discussions about it.

BOTH are imperative reading to understand what is going on NOW - and your plan, ken, is a one-way ticket to annihilation. It is equivalent to pouring gasoline on an already burning fire, or, if you prefer, trying to put out an oil-fire with water. Won't work. Will make things worse.

edit on 4/7/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Make America 'strong' again?

Make America 'great' again?

How about we make America SMART again and quit the anti-intellectual, anti-science bullsnip that's been circulating?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'm all for that, Mystic!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I understand where you're coming from, Buz. I just don't agree. But I hope we're not done!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

America is still great and still strong compared to any other nation the issue is- is it now a force for good or evil,is it the sort of place people wish to live and work in and has it a great future will its children be better off than their parents in these regards the US is lacking

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I just don't agree. But I hope we're not done!

You say you know where I'm coming from....

does that mean you've read both of those books? Because without reading THOSE SPECIFIC BOOKS, then......No. No, you do NOT know "where I'm coming from."

Until you have read those books, all we can really do is say "nuh-uhh!" to each other. I remember vaguely reading something about some docs or something that you alleged someone hadn't read.....what were they?

Yeah - so - you can disagree with my ideology all you want....but you CANNOT disagree with cold, hard, facts and still expect to be taken seriously.
A common occurrence with Conservative types....they generally use sources that are known alarmist tabloid fare if they present sources at all.
Stick around....you'll learn a LOT about what sources are legit and worth considering, and what sources are pure rubbish.......

edit on 4/7/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960

I would much rather be proud of our President and be able to praise him. But the truth hurts and I'm much more concerned about what Obama has done to harm America. I realize you don't agree.

There's facts to back up what Obama has done and hasn't done.

Haters tend to ignore those in favor of their hyperbole.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

What Obama has done is The Affordable Care Act and the Iran Nuclear Agreement. Both are disasters.

What he hasn't done is to organize a coalition and cohesive plan to defeat Isis,and he still hasn't done so!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Sorry, but I think negotiated cooperation and peace, as well as universal (and I mean GLOBAL) health care are the MOST important.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

What Obama has done is The Affordable Care Act and the Iran Nuclear Agreement. Both are disasters.

What he hasn't done is to organize a coalition and cohesive plan to defeat Isis,and he still hasn't done so!

I support a national health care. I'm pissed as hell at the opposition doing everything they can to make it fail instead of cooperating to
make it work. So, you don't wanna go there with me.

Obama has not implemented YOUR plan to fight ISIS. A plan that is antiquated and unrealistic in a war against an ideology.

The Fact that you can't understand that is on you, not Obama.

edit on 7-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Obama Care was supposed to be affordable and instead it has resulted in making health insurance more costly for millions. It has also forced many good physicians to go to a concierge practice to stay in business resulting in patients finding a different doctor or settling for a physician's assistant to conduct their annual physical examinations.

The war against Isis is not a war against ideology. It is a war against terrorists who want to kill us and impose their own way of life upon the rest of us.

I'm still looking for any plan from Obama to defeat the barbarians other than denial and constantly looking the other way.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Obama Care was supposed to be affordable and instead it has resulted in making health insurance more costly for millions. It has also forced many good physicians to go to a concierge practice to stay in business resulting in patients finding a different doctor or settling for a physician's assistant to conduct their annual physical examinations.

I am not going to discuss Obama Care here.

I'm sure you searched all the negative aspects of it.

Is it perfect? NO. But, bugs could have been worked out with support and cooperation.

The Obstructionist Right is what's destroying America.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The war against Isis is not a war against ideology. It is a war against terrorists who want to kill us and impose their own way of life upon the rest of us.

Yes. It is NOT a Boots on the Ground war.

It is an intelligence war.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Certainly intelligence is a major part of it, Annee.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join