It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Make America Strong Again

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Isis is a serious threat whether or not they are responsible for all the terrorist activity.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960
a reply to: amazing

Call it what you like. I'd rather have Isis defeated and see reality for what it is. You're entitled to your opinion.

Yet another ground war in the ME.... Hmmmm, let me think now....
HELL NO.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

You're entitled to your opinion. For myself, I don't want a war anywhere but we didn't start the war with Isis. They did. Better there where they are than here at home where we are!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

I fully realize the danger that ISIS presents. It's not our job to police the world. Coalition, or not.

If the Saudi's, Iranians, Egyptians, etc... want ISIS gone, they need to haul the freight. It's their fight. If ISIS attacks us, we stop 'em. Bombing Syria, or what's left of it, and putting troops in there for yet another boondoggled ground war isn't the answer we're looking for. It's an answer of sorts, I suppose, but it only lays the groundwork for more issues down the road...

No, I don't know the answer, but dropping high explosives on them won't make 'em go away.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing your views with me, seagull, but we simply have a disagreement as to the best course to follow. Only time will tell which way turns out to be right, but I'm aware that bombing alone won't defeat Isis. That is why I recommend a ground coalition force to root these terrorists out of their rat holes and defeat them. With an evenly divided coalition force, no one country would need to bear a disproportionate burden. The air attacks must, of course, continue unabated as well.

However, this surely is America's fight, just as much as it is truly a battle for the values of all Western Civilization. And that is no exaggeration!

All the best to you.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Not a problem, my friend. I enjoy discoursing with people who disagree with me, but don't get mean about it.

Agree to disagree is usually the way to go. You know, that might even be the answer we're all looking for, eh?

Agreeing to disagree, and movin' on.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Right on, seagull!!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

A trillion dollars??!!

How do we generate the money for that?

Why not 50 trillion dollars?

How about...
-increase sanctions on iran and cripple their nuclear weapons program
-arm the Kurds
-request the Iraqi government to install anti-ICBM turrets in iraq.
-arm Israel with more anti-ICBM systems.
-request that Israel can proactively strike Iran if they don't stop purifying uranium isotope.
edit on 14-3-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'll say it again, since this thread is still going strong. (I was actually going to say that we should make this thread Strong Again! but...it already is!)

We don't need to "Make Merica Strong Again!" because.... America is already Strong. It is and in a lot of Areas. Did you know that in the entire world, the USA ranks 4th in Cheese Imports? Maybe a better way to state it is that most rankings show the USA in the top 10 in standard of living as of last year (2015) and as of last year as well, most international rankings of GDP show USA in top 2 in the world. We have the strongest best military. How much stronger do you need us to be? I'll admit that we still have some work to do in cheese imports but I'm not going to cry because we're only number 4. LOL
edit on 14-3-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

It is primarily in the military area that I feel the most work still remains to be done. The recent Isis attack abroad with chemical weapons shows how ineffective efforts to eradicate them have been been to date. Increased air attacks combined with a broad coalition based ground troop presence in both Syria, Iraq, and also in Libya would a long way to defeating this Islamic terrorist organization, with Sunni Muslims and Western European partners joining a coalition that should be led by the United States. These barbarians will only grow stronger if they are allowed to acquire additional chemical weapons. The Obama administration calls Isis jokers and are doing little or nothing to address the continuing threat posed by this group. Hillary Clinton would simply apply the same impotent policies to deal with the threat if she succeeds Obama.

But I agree that America is still strong in the other areas pointed out in your response.

BTW, thank you for your interest in this blog and for your comment that it is still going strong.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymreig:

Isis just hit Brussels with a terrorist attack. Obama's approach will be impotent once again. Looks like the chickens are coming home to roost. These radical Islamic Terrorists would have been wiped out months ago if a coordinated coalition of international world partners and Sunni Muslims, led by our country, and combined with sufficient boots on the ground supported by powerful air attacks over Syria, Iraq, and Libya,had been implemented and properly executed.

Due to Obama's weak and ineffective approach to this ongoing problem, motivated by an undue and misguided emphasis on political correctness and this President's own cowardly idea of leading from behind, the above was not and still is not being done.
edit on 22-3-2016 by kendix1960 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

No, not by cutting taxes for corporations and the rich....

By forcing the poor to work for food rations and a place to put their tent in exchange for their labor in producing weapons and filling boots for use on the ground in the ME.

I am just kidding.

Bit I think this will be the direction things drift toward.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Isis is the major threat now, and what just happened in Brussels and in Paris recently could suddenly happen right here in America any time at all! These radical Islamic terrorists must be rooted out of their rat holes and utterly destroyed. We didn't start this war but we absolutely must win it. The future of Western Civilization depends on it despite what our incompetent cowardly President says!

Any related tax issues and revenue problems that may arise from the need to defeat these barbarians must temporarily take a back seat while America orders it's priorities!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960

Isis is the major threat now, and what just happened in Brussels and in Paris recently could suddenly happen right here in America any time at all! These radical Islamic terrorists must be rooted out of their rat holes and utterly destroyed. We didn't start this war but we absolutely must win it. The future of Western Civilization depends on it despite what our incompetent cowardly President says!

Any related tax issues and revenue problems that may arise from the need to defeat these barbarians must temporarily take a back seat while America orders it's priorities!
Actually, take any time frame out of the West's attempts to colonise the Middle East for its oil if you want to argue 'who started it'. But you couldn't go to far wrong by saying that the United States started it by going to war with Iraq.
Yes, Daesh need to be dealt with. How about going after their money and arms suppliers with hunter/killer teams? Until that happens, anything else is bull# doled out to appease/arouse the stupid.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Go enlist then.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

They wouldn't take me given my age.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Can we just make America smart again?

Please?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Isis has it's own agenda. When Saddam ruled Iraq he was as much against this kind of terrorism as all the other countries in the M.E. Hence I still maintain that Isis started this war and it is being waged against all civilized nations.

Obviously I agree that Isis must be defeated and by any and all means possible as quickly as possible.
edit on 22-3-2016 by kendix1960 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2016 by kendix1960 because: added word for clarity and corrected misspelled word

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

What defines smart?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Hi Mystik. Good to hear from you again. It's been a while. I couldn't agree with you more. Smart enough to dump the Trump and elect a good man with experience and ability like Gov. Kasich, and smart enough to lead a coalition of world partners and Sunni Muslims to defeat Isis as soon as possible so as to end these horrible terrorist attacks like the one that occurred in Brussels and the one that occurred a while ago In Paris, France.

BTW, I'm not looking for agreement. Just a good exchange of ideas as always.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join