It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Make America Strong Again

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

Meh, I'll be fine. Thanks for your concern.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Isis would like nothing better than to be able to launch their own attack against the Twin Towers in NYC. Whether you choose to call them criminals, or recognize they ARE making WAR on us, they have to be stopped ASAP before they become strong enough to accomplish their goals. These people are savages. They behead people. What Obama has been doing to address the problem simply hasn't been working.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960

Isis would like nothing better than to be able to launch their own attack against the Twin Towers in NYC. Whether you choose to call them criminals, or recognize they ARE making WAR on us, they have to be stopped ASAP before they become strong enough to accomplish their goals. These people are savages. They behead people. What Obama has been doing to address the problem simply hasn't been working.

You do know that ISIS cut their payouts in half don't you?? and that their territory is shrinking and their leaders being killed, however one cannot kill an idea with bombs, that will take generations and although it's a dirty word I have to say it "propaganda " to kill it.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

If Isis is getting weaker, losing territory, and being contained, then why do they continue to increase their numbers of radical jihadists, even right here in our own country, and why are they now gaining a foothold even in places like Jamaica and Indonesia? This is an extremely dangerous organization and they must be destroyed, not simply contained.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Spider879

If Isis is getting weaker, losing territory, and being contained, then why do they continue to increase their numbers of radical jihadists, even right here in our own country, and why are they now gaining a foothold even in places like Jamaica and Indonesia? This is an extremely dangerous organization and they must be destroyed, not simply contained.

Because like I said an Idea cannot be killed with Bombs,yes we can decimate buildings tanks and ppl but not an idea the only way is to make that idea unpopular, look at it this way, 70yrs after WWII the idea of Nazism is still with us.
And as far as I know Jamaica is not ripe for ISIS to recruit from , the kid

Sheikh Tijani said even though a Quran was found in the boy's home, he is not a Muslim, and is not known in the Muslim community in St Mary, or any such community in Jamaica, and he could never join ISIS because he is not a Muslim.

"He knows nothing about Islam, even ISIS, this is going too far," the animated sheikh said. ISIS doesn't even recruit, so he would have to go on his own volition. "Non-Muslim cannot go, and he's not a Muslim, so how can he make it," a smiling Tijani said. He finds the whole thing laughable.

No Intention Of Joining ISIS
So the story given by the youngster's relatives might just be right. Media reports say the boy's granduncle said the teen was to meet his mother and grandmother in The Netherlands since he didn't have a visa to travel to the UK.

As far as Tijani is concerned, Jamaican Muslims have no intention of joining ISIS, so the Government and people have nothing to be afraid of. More
[url=http://]http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lead-stories/20150416/%E2%80%98isis-not-recruiting-jamaicans%E2%80%99-%E2%80%93-sheikh-musa-tijani[/ur l]

Are there Jamaican Brits willing to join ISIS I think so , but not Jamaican Jamaicans.
edit on 25-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

And you may be right In that Obama's policies there haven't been working. You know he dropped over 23,000 bombs on Islamic countries last year and he (with airstrikes, trainers, logistics, weapons and intel) helped the Iraqi army take back some big areas and cities from Isis last year.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I hope you're not implying that Obama should be doing less rather than more to defeat Isis.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I hope you're not implying that Obama should be doing less rather than more to defeat Isis.

Just different. We know we don't need thousands of American causalities on Syrian Soil. We know that more bombing probably isn't the answer. That 23 thousand is just us, then you have Russia, Iraq, Jordan, UK, France, Syrian Government etc. We just need a different strategy.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Valerie Jarrett wouldn't permit such ideas ,SHE is Obama's adviser on these issues. and NO DOUBT a plant on our government.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20296153]amazing/post]

You and I simply have different ideas on what that "difference" should be. At least we agree that a change in strategy is necessary. That's the first step.
edit on 25-1-2016 by kendix1960 because: Had to change person's user name to person intended to receive the reply.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Steps Needed to Get America On the Right Track: (1) Increase the military budget to a trillion dollars. (2) Markedly increase bombing raids over Syria. (3) Lead coalition of our allies in placing up to 50,000 boots on the ground to destroy Isis in Syria, Iraq, and Libya so as to include Arab partners such as Jordan and Saudi Arabia. (4) Stop letting Isis know in advance what we are going to do. (5) Call Isis what they are i.e. radical Islamic terrorists out to destroy our way of life in a world wide holy war against western civilization and culture. (6) Stop using the idea of political correctness to excuse cowardly inaction and fear. (6) Take the fight to the enemy and destroy them where they live before they try to come to us in order to kill us where we live. (7) Only negotiate with Vladimir Putin after we restore our nuclear triad and increase our military budget so we can act from a position of strength rather than weakness as we have been doing. (8) Introduce a Bill of Impeachment against President Obama for failing to protect our nation and turning his back on our greatest Middle East partner, Israel, if the President continues to refuse to deal effectively with the terrorists and continues to cave into Iran. (9) Pull out of the awful Iran-Nuclear deal as Iran continues it's ballistic testing and development of nuclear war heads in violation of the said deal and in violation of U.N. sanctions. (10) Stop ignoring ever increasing tendencies in Europe and elsewhere to attempt a link between the Israeli- Palestinian issue and the motives of Isis when the two are entirely unrelated problems.

This is good plan but I don't know if it's going to become a reality.

Can't agrre more with the point 7. America does need to negotiate with Russia, there should be peace, however people understand that it's quite difficult to realize

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AnnaMaria

Thank you for your positive comments. My plan will obviously never become reality under Hillary Clinton if she is elected as she nothing more than a disingenuous Obama surrogate who will continue the failed policies of the past.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The paranoia is strong with this thread.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
The paranoia is strong with this thread.

I know. It's okay. If they're really scared, they should buy a gun, get some dogs, train in some martial arts, get some better locks and an alarm system, carry some force multipliers like- pepper spray, batons, kubaton, tactical pen, tazers and stun guns, form neighborhood watches etc. Then take a deep breath and relax.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Call it what you like. I'd rather have Isis defeated and see reality for what it is. You're entitled to your opinion.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
neocons answer to world problems....bomb them

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

So making America strong means a continuation of policies that have us stuck in the ME for the foreseeable future?

More of our children coming home in shiny, wooden boxes with flags draped over them? That strong?

What in the past twenty some, thirty some years, has lead you to believe that a continuation of these policies is going to any more effective now?

Pardon me, but hell no. It's time and past for the U.S. to back the hell up, and start caring for our own. You want to go fight ISIS? Have at it. Hop the plane, and go!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Neocons, and democrats, too.

One group isn't behind all this stupidity. Just stop, already.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Call it what you like. I'd rather have Isis defeated and see reality for what it is. You're entitled to your opinion.

But How do you defeat Isis? Same can be said on how do you defeat the Mob, the russion mafia, the cartels? Do we blow up Mexico City, New York City, Moscow?

We definitely don't defeat ISIS by sending troops to Syria and Iraq.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join