It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN to host Obama town hall on guns in America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: reldra

But the laws all fail because criminals break laws.

I really hope Obama isn't planning a real big surprise when his next moves fail.

Criminals in definition break laws. It does not mean that new regulations of any kind should not be passed. That is a ridiculous position.

The only ridiculous position is the supposition that more laws will stop criminals

After all murder is illegal already

It is illegal. It might be that less people who have thought about it did not do it because they knew the consequences and thought it was not easy to get away with it.

That's circular logic

What's more likely is that people who decide to murder aren't concerned w the fact that it's against the law

Hence the term criminal

Much like those who are intent on getting a gun despite any laws in place

No, it's not. A lot who think of it are probably deterred by the thought of life in prison.
Making it more difficult to get guns...or not that, maybe. Making the requirements for showing the receipt of a gun safe and registering every 2 years, like a car, might slow gun crime down a bit.

Of course if someone is bound and determined to get a gun illegally, they will. But regulations to slow this down could be good. there is a ridiculous amount of gun deaths in this country and a LOT are committed with guns in the home accidentally or family members stealing or 'borrowing' guns. The penalties for not keeping your guns locked up should be harsher.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The fact that Obama is having a Town Hall to discuss guns, after so many guns under the radar have killed people, is a good thing.

Before the Town Hall even happens, some people seem to develop sudden psychic abilities.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You better hope Obama isn't setting this up.

Obama National Police Force

Meet your friendly new "door-to-door" confiscators !!

The big cities are first, then everybody else.

Classic *Butter-em-up* tactics.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

No, it's not. A lot who think of it are probably deterred by the thought of life in prison.
Making it more difficult to get guns...or not that, maybe. Making the requirements for showing the receipt of a gun safe and registering every 2 years, like a car, might slow gun crime down a bit.

A person determined to do something will not be deterred by a law, period, we see it all the time, every day.....

But regulations to slow this down could be good. there is a ridiculous amount of gun deaths in this country and a LOT are committed with guns in the home accidentally or family members stealing or 'borrowing' guns. The penalties for not keeping your guns locked up should be harsher.

yes there should be penalties but at what point does it cease?

Do you know what it looks like to me? It looks like to me they are trying to do the same thign with guns as they did with Marijuana, making more criminals out of people who otherwise would not be criminal......

They cant BAN firearms, so they will just put more people in jail who have them......thats the end game here and many of us can see that......

but all is ok

Im sure if Ted Cruz gets into office, youll be fine with his "pen being on fire"
edit on 1/3/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The fact that Obama is having a Town Hall to discuss guns, after so many guns under the radar have killed people, is a good thing.

and no amount a laws would stop those guns under the radar.......

It boggles my mind that peoples brains cant comprehend this

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
You better hope Obama isn't setting this up.

Obama National Police Force

Meet your friendly new "door-to-door" confiscators !!

The big cities are first, then everybody else.

Classic *Butter-em-up* tactics.

Umm, the video clearly shows him state that there should be 'a civilian security force' and I don;t think he was talking about children knocking on doors to take guns.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Then what will?? It boggles my mind that you think that can't help at all. Maybe you can think up some to work in conjunction with refined regulations.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Then what will?? It boggles my mind that you think that can't help at all. Maybe you can think up some to work in conjunction with refined regulations.

Short of the total annihilation of guns and weapons of war world wide..........?

Nothing..............

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

A person determined to do something will not be deterred by a law, period, we see it all the time, every day.....

But regulations to slow this down could be good. there is a ridiculous amount of gun deaths in this country and a LOT are committed with guns in the home accidentally or family members stealing or 'borrowing' guns. The penalties for not keeping your guns locked up should be harsher.

yes there should be penalties but at what point does it cease?

Do you know what it looks like to me? It looks like to me they are trying to do the same thign with guns as they did with Marijuana, making more criminals out of people who otherwise would not be criminal......

They cant BAN firearms, so they will just put more people in jail who have them......thats the end game here and many of us can see that......

but all is ok

Im sure if Ted Cruz gets into office, youll be fine with his "pen being on fire"

I don't see a 'war on guns' simply because some changes are needed. I have no idea how you can 'see' the end game.
Truthfully, If Ted Cruz were elected and somehow both houses were democrat controlled and they blocked every last thing JUST BECAUSE he was a Republican, I would be p*ssed.

I wouldn't be happy he was President. But once president, he is Commander in Chief. I wouldn't make up funny names for him. I wouldn't scream that he was born in Canada. I cetainly wouldn't complain that he was Hispanic. I wouldn't try to call his wife transgendered. He might have to use that pen a couple times.
edit on 3-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Hell, even Dear Leader said he would bring a gun to a knife fight so you need to eliminate all weapons from the planet:

"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun."

edit on 3-1-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

... If Ted Cruz were elected and somehow both houses were democrat controlled and they blocked every last thing JUST BECAUSE he was a Republican, I would be p*ssed.

So would Ted Cruz, but guess what? He would have to suck it up and deal with it.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

If Ted Cruz were elected and somehow both houses were democrat controlled and they blocked every last thing JUST BECAUSE he was a Republican, I would be p*ssed.

I find that Irony thick considering Obama's ability to reach across the isle is virtually NILL.......

When he doesnt get his way he throws a tantrum, picks up his Pen, or threatens government shutdown (then blames the republicans)......

Yet its the Republicans that are always the problem?

Please........

Im not any happier about the Republicans than anyone else is, I dont feel like they represent the people at all......

But to pretend Obama is some sort of paragon of democratic process and compromise is a bunch of bull
edit on 1/3/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Okay, so we have gun crime in America at rates that are higher than Somalia (which is complete anarchy).

So, more guns? If we all have guns, gun crimes will go down?

How come other countries with less gun crime than us don't have an armed population?

If I look at countries with the lowest gun crime, you don't see everyone walking around with a gun.

None of this makes any sense to me.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Hell, even Dear Leader said he would bring a gun to a knife fight so you need to eliminate all weapons from the planet:

"If they bring knives, we will use guns."

Source?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

The fact that Obama is having a Town Hall to discuss guns

......with hand picked actors.

He is not fooling anyone with this b.s town hall meeting, his mind has already been made and I don't need to be psychic to see that.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

If Ted Cruz were elected and somehow both houses were democrat controlled and they blocked every last thing JUST BECAUSE he was a Republican, I would be p*ssed.

I find that Irony thick considering Obama's ability to reach across the isle is virtually NILL.......

When he doesnt get his way he throws a tantrum, picks up his Pen, or threatens government shutdown (then blames the republicans)......

Yet its the Republicans that are always the problem?

Please........

Im not any happier about the Republicans than anyone else is, I dont feel like they represent the people at all......

But to pretend Obama is some sort of paragon of democratic process and compromise is a bunch of bull

"Throws a tantrum?" "Can't reach across the isle?" Those statements are silly. He worked with Boehner consistently. Republicans didn't like that and where is Boehner?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Okay, so we have gun crime in America at rates that are higher than Somalia (which is complete anarchy).

So, more guns? If we all have guns, gun crimes will go down?

How come other countries with less gun crime than us don't have an armed population?

If I look at countries with the lowest gun crime, you don't see everyone walking around with a gun.

None of this makes any sense to me.

Exactly! And all i usually ask for is gun safe receipts and 2 year registration.

edit on 3-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Source?

His mouth.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

"Throws a tantrum?" "Can't reach across the isle?" Those statements are silly. He worked with Boehner consistently. Republicans didn't like that and where is Boehner?

They arent silly they are accurate...........

And he didnt work with Boehner , Boehner caved to every demand of Obama, compliance does not equal reaching across the isle

Which is why he is out........

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

The fact that Obama is having a Town Hall to discuss guns

......with hand picked actors.

He is not fooling anyone with this b.s town hall meeting, his mind has already been made and I don't need to be psychic to see that.

Prove the hand picked actors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join