It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN to host Obama town hall on guns in America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I volunteer to be the first casualty resulting from forced confiscation laws that come for my guns. Oh, hell no!
They will have to pry my nonexistant firearm from my dead hands....

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

I volunteer to be the first casualty resulting from forced confiscation laws that come for my guns. Oh, hell no!
They will have to pry my nonexistant firearm from my dead hands....

I lost all of my guns in a boating accident. I forget the name of the lake now....

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

What a coincidence! I have a neighbor who had the exact same accident. He lost his crossbows too.
Murky, deep water, he said.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I forget the name of the lake now....

I believe you said it was the purifying waters of Lake Minnetonka.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: butcherguy
I forget the name of the lake now....

I believe you said it was the purifying waters of Lake Minnetonka.

I will Google search for the deepest lake in my home state to try and spur a memory.
Apparently it was Lake Wallenpaupack. Gosh we have shallow lakes... Only 60 feet deep. 5,700 acres though.
Yep, that was the lake.
edit on b000000312016-01-03T13:51:29-06:0001America/ChicagoSun, 03 Jan 2016 13:51:29 -0600100000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

What a coincidence! I have a neighbor who had the exact same accident. He lost his crossbows too.
Murky, deep water, he said.

And I loaned him my blow darts too. But nobody gets my
firearms.

I won't be making any purchases at the gun store but I'm
gonna have to core out some concrete in the back room.
Been putting that one off for far to long. There's my resolution
for the new year!
edit on Rpm10316v53201500000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Obama will start off by saying, "Americans want this". Then he will quote some left-leaning skewed poll.

That will be his first lie.

SOME Americans may want what he is offering, but to try and make the world believe Americans in general want more gun control that will only serve to hinder law-abiding buyers and owners is a lie.

I am going to make a prediction. It is something I have long thought the sneaks would do and I think I have even made threads about the subject. Obamacare and the CDC will be pulled into this push in a big way. I don't know if he will announce such participation tomorrow or not, but my ears will be open as well as my eyes.
edit on 3-1-2016 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I would love to see Obama hypnotized and set loose on a golf course with a bowling ball in place of golf balls. I don't know why, but that popped into my head when I read your post.

It's obvious to me what he has in mind for our firearms.

edit on Rpm10316v18201500000008 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Does it matter what EO he brings out?

They will be null and void and shot down by the supreme court.

No one is takeing your boom boom sticks dont worry.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
More overreaching by the Obama. So he thinks he has the backing of the people? If that was true gun sales would not jump every time he pulls this nonsense. It is about time for the man to come out of his bubble. Time and time again these approaches have been tried and failed. It's not the people who buy guns at gun shops and gun shows that are the problem. Lets see the SB shooters acquired their guns via a straw purchase. Just like Obamas ATF allowed to happen w/ Fast & Furious. If the gov't was not being selective in how laws are enforced we would not have the problems we do. Just take a look at court cases where you have a gun being used by a felon. The first thing that gets plead away is the gun charge. I see this in the news on a regular basis, but so called social reformers want to protect the criminals and not the people.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

President Barack Obama lamented that Congress hasn’t done anything to prevent the kind of gun violence that has taken the lives of thousands during his tenure.

He said Congress had a chance three years ago to pass a bi-partisan bill that would have required background checks of everyone seeking to buy a gun.

He claimed this to be a policy that was supported by some 90 percent of the American people and a majority of NRA households. He said the gun lobby mobilized against it and the Senate blocked the bill.

He said he has directed his team at the White House to look into any new actions he might take to reduce gun violence.

Does a ‘gun control’ executive order loom on the near horizon after this Obama Video?

'I can't sit around and do nothing about guns' Barack Obama - BBC News
Published on Jan 2, 2016

President Obama has said he wants to take unilateral action to tackle the problem of gun violence in the US. In his first weekly address of 2016, Mr Obama said he would meet Attorney General Loretta Lynch to discuss possible actions. He said he would seek to use his executive powers as president because the US Congress had failed to address the problem.

This will definitely force all criminals to register and submit to background checks !!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If only 7 previous US Presidents had known the secret, they could have passed an executive order requiring background checks on everyone trying to purchase illegal drugs.... And won the war on drugs!
Hell, they could have used the same idea on alcohol and Prohibition would have worked!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I am curious as to what new rules will stop criminals from obtaining and using firearms. Outrageous penalties that will deemed too stiff?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

We know he's not going door to door to take our "boom boom sticks" it's the ridiculous laws that he will try and make that does nothing but punish law abiding citizens. Here's an idea enforce the current laws on the books.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I will have my ears open for another idiotic inane phrase used by idiotic inane people capable of only seeing one layer of an issue:

"If it saves but one life, it will be worth it." Listen for it. I guarantee that phrase will come right on the heels of "Americans want this".

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

We know he's not going door to door to take our "boom boom sticks" it's the ridiculous laws that he will try and make that does nothing but punish law abiding citizens. Here's an idea enforce the current laws on the books.

From some of the posters on ATS you would think Obama on the verge of declareing martial law and doing just that.

Honestly I cant see how he can tighten the law any more without it het shot down by the supreme court.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Town hall my arse.
It will be an echo chamber.
No doubt Sandy Hook will be mentioned more than once.
Even though they could not positively identify a single bullet fragment as coming from the reported murder weapon.
Out of 154 bullets mind you, not a single match.
edit on 3-1-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

"He has been shouting at Congress to do something, but no new legislation is pending anywhere on the Federal level."

114TH CONGRESS 1ST SESSION
H. R. 4269
To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.

123 co-sponsors all democrats. This will of course go nowhere but if you enjoy a laugh it's worth a read.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Most likely it would get shot down but after how many years and after how much money?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Most likely it would get shot down but after how many years and after how much money?

Yes, like the supreme court shot down the ACA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join