It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN to host Obama town hall on guns in America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
U.S. President Barack Obama is taking the gun control issues to the people !!

He is going on CNN with Anderson Cooper later this week to make the case for more controls.

The comfort zone setting will be a "town hall" meeting at George Mason University.

He has been shouting at Congress to do something, but no new legislation is pending anywhere on the Federal level.

So he must be ready to "announce" his intentions for a few more useless Executive Orders.

It seems like every time we see new "regulations", the problems get worse.

Maybe they are not focusing on the *REAL* sources of the problems?

2016 looks like another year of error-panic-mania at the government levels.

CNN to host Obama town hall on guns in America

President Barack Obama is mounting a final-year push to make gun control part of his legacy despite Republican opposition and is expected to announce unilateral action soon.

He will join CNN's Anderson Cooper Thursday for an exclusive one-hour live town hall on gun control at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia, in hopes of mounting a final pitch to the public.

It's an issue he has had zero success on so far in his presidency, despite his repeated, emotional appeals for change. Congress has remained a roadblock even in the face of widespread public support for Obama's past calls for universal background checks or bolstered mental health support, with near uniform opposition from Republicans and a split on the issue among Democrats.

What will any new EOs be about?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You know that feeling you get when you're about to
go down that first plunge on a rollercoaster? It's like

OH HELL! here we GOOOOOOOO!

Kinda feels like that.

Is he gonna try and talk us out of are guns?

edit on Rpm10316v53201500000002 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I just put in a buy order for firearms manufacturers shares.

Thanks Obama!!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes that is effectively what he is doing everytime he opens his mouth, it's like healthcare for all. He is arming even the people who never wanted weapons.

Guns aren't going anywhere, this issue is getting old.
edit on 3-1-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Yup. Artificial panics often times drive the market and this will help feed that.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

So are his town hall meetings, will be like the ones Bush use to have on SS, you know poster picture behind with the right background people, because when they tried to use local town people they used to get boo and interrupted all the time.

I am sure Obama would no want to look bad either.

edit on 3-1-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yup. Artificial panics often times drive the market and this will help feed that.

The thing is he knows what you;re saying is true.
But that doesn't shut him up. So the tapestry is
still interesting and should be discussed.
edit on Rpm10316v07201500000025 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Which only makes him a pandering clown. Guns are not going away, as a matter of fact, the day after Dear Leader gives his town hall there will be more guns than the day before.

edit on 3-1-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Firearms don't just go away, anywhere. Despite the laws against
them in france or anywhere else. So making sense out of any this
like playing soccer with a bowling ball.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I just put in a buy order for firearms manufacturers shares.

Thanks Obama!!!!

The hell with that, I'm investing in gun crime!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I bet the "audience" will be carefully crafted.

Watch for controlled outrage and opposition to "make the case".

They might be setting up more failures to justify military actions in controlled condensed high crime/gun areas.

They've already established the police department failures that don't get crime under control.

edit on Jan-03-2016 by xuenchen because: watch out for military actions in the big cities !!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
They might be setting up more failures to justify military actions in controlled condensed high crime/gun areas.

Right. Because the Army rolling into Chicago's South Side would be such a great image. Maybe they can even park the Eisenhower in Lake Michigan.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Something tells me that this will go the same way that Bush SS reform went because the opposition was too much, he could not even drafted an executive order.

I got the feeling that this is what is happening with Obama, even an executive order on guns right now will affect the outcome of the elections.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Sounds like a bad joke to me. I mean by that......how open a debate is anyone going to see when its with Obama at a University setting and with CNN?

Won't be much of a debate......it'll be a "schooling".

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I wonder if there will be any armed security at this "town hall" meeting. You've got to have some way to keep out those people with undesirable opinions.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I bet people who will be allowed to participate will get warned verbally, and maybe in writing not to say anything contrary to Obama's intent on stripping away rights with do nothing legislation aimed at causing more strife and turmoil against liberty.

It will be staged and scripted all the way. And Anderson Cooper of all people, what a sack of garbage he is. He is a big diaper stain on journalism.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It would be nice to take pictures of the armed guards in the meetings and then posts them to show people what Obama means about gun control.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Which only makes him a pandering clown. Guns are not going away, as a matter of fact, the day after Dear Leader gives his town hall there will be more guns than the day before.

Yep. But that is OK. Bring on some more votes against the Democrats.

Bill Clinton Warns Democrats Against Overreaching On Gun Debate

www.outsidethebeltway.com...

Former President Bill Clinton warned a group of top Democratic donors at a private Saturday meeting not to underestimate the passions that gun control stirs among many Americans.

“Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them,” Clinton said.

“Alot of these people live in a world very different from the world lived in by the people proposing these things,” Clinton said. “I know because I come from this world.”

While some polls show that the public by-and-large supports several proposals for increased gun control, Clinton said that it’s not the public support that matters — it’s how strongly people feel about the issue.

“All these polls that you see saying the public is for us on all these issues — they are meaningless if they’re not voting issues,” Clinton said.

And Clinton said that passing the 1994 federal assault weapons ban “devastated” more than a dozen Democratic lawmakers in the 1994 midterms — and cost then-Speaker of the House Tom Foley (D-Wash.) his job and his seat in Congress.

“I’ve had many sleepless nights in the many years since,” Clinton said. One reason? “I never had any sessions with the House members who were vulnerable,” he explained — saying that he had assumed they already knew how to explain their vote for the ban to their constituents.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Firearms don't just go away, anywhere. Despite the laws against
them in france or anywhere else. So making sense out of any this
like playing soccer with a bowling ball.

I would love to see Obama hypnotized and set loose on a golf course with a bowling ball in place of golf balls. I don't know why, but that popped into my head when I read your post.
Anyway, it will be interesting to hear what poo issues from his yap hole at this town meeting, and what kind of planted questions and statements we hear from the 'public'.
edit on b000000312016-01-03T13:30:11-06:0001America/ChicagoSun, 03 Jan 2016 13:30:11 -0600100000016 by butcherguy because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I wonder if the setting will be a free speech zone?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join