It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN to host Obama town hall on guns in America

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: reldra

Oh course I can't but we will just see soon.

Interesting signature you have there.

How so?

I don't find essential liberty to buy a rocket launcher or a tank or any gun under the sun as essential. I don't find having to buy a gun safe to be in conflict with essential liberties. I don;t find registering a gun as often as I register a car as being in conflict with that. It would protect me if someone steals my gun, which happens so often.

Adam Lanza got into his mother;s gun safe and, well, we see what happened.

I will not comment on things belonging to your profile if you do not comment on mine.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
I don't find having to buy a gun safe to be in conflict with essential liberties.

Forcing people to purchase products to exercise their right to bear arms is equivalent to a poll tax.

I don;t find registering a gun as often as I register a car as being in conflict with that.It would protect me if someone steals my gun, which happens so often.

Why do I need to register my firearms every year? Did the serial numbers change?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: roadgravel
Lecture on gun control and gun issues brought to you by the same folks who gave us Fast and Furious. Makes sense.

exactly..........surrounded by armed guards, using the military and its armaments to oust leaders, wage proxy wars and drone to bits another country

sounds a lot like Bush actually, except Bush didnt want to disarm the populace

Obama has never wanted to disarm the populace. That is a myth. That is made up. It is COMPLETELY INACCURATE.

Oh I'm sorry pardon the semantics

Criminalize gun owners then

NO

Funny , his rhetoric and actions say otherwise

NO.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I find it really distasteful to call The President of the United States and Commander in Chief of the Armed Services the name that people call the leader of North Korea. You should know better.

Oh well, free speech and all that. If Dear Leader has an issue he can drone me.

Back on topic, I hope he whips everyone into a frothy frenzy. In the sake of full disclosure I will be purchasing shares in Smith & Wesson, Olin and Sturm.

You are as free to sound as disrespectful to your country as you want to be.

I am disappointed.

edit on 3-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

And yet even in your own example where he got into her gun safe

Your law wouldn't have made a bit of difference

Lol

I can't fathom the cognitive disconnect when even in your own example , what you proposed wouldn't have worked yet your still pounding the gavel
That's amazing

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I don't find having to buy a gun safe to be in conflict with essential liberties.

Forcing people to purchase products to exercise their right to bear arms is equivalent to a poll tax.

I don;t find registering a gun as often as I register a car as being in conflict with that.It would protect me if someone steals my gun, which happens so often.

Why do I need to register my firearms every year? Did the serial numbers change?

Why doi we register our cars every 2 years? Do the VIN numbers change?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I do not need anyone's permission, the Constitution says I can refer to that cretin however I wish.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

And yet even in your own example where he got into her gun safe

Your law wouldn't have made a bit of difference

Lol

I can't fathom the cognitive disconnect when even in your own example , what you proposed wouldn't have worked yet your still pounding the gavel
That's amazing

Maybe gun safe manufacturers need to make better ones?

I have not proposed outlandish ideas to help the situation. They are all reasonable. but knee jerk reactions to any HELP seems to be the norm.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

According to the Office of the Federal Register, which keeps track of government agency rules and public notices, 81,611 pages of regulations and proposed rules were created in 2015.
That is significantly higher than 2014’s 77,687 pages, and more than the all time high of 81,405, which was set in 2010.

All told, about 3,378 rules were finalized, and 2,334 regulations are at some stage of consideration.
In addition to this, President Obama issued 29 executive orders and 31 executive memorandums
(with plenty more to come in 2016).
The only question that remains, is what new horrors does the federal register have in store for us this year?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Why doi we register our cars every 2 years?

To collect a fee and to compel you to insure your vehicle (at least here in New Jersey).

Do the VIN numbers change?

Nope, but then again, driving is not a Constitutional right unlike the right to keep and bear bang bangs.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I do not need anyone's permission, the Constitution says I can refer to that cretin however I wish.

Indeed it does. You weren't told to get permission to sound like that. You were free to do so and did so.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Why doi we register our cars every 2 years?

To collect a fee and to compel you to insure your vehicle (at least here in New Jersey).

Do the VIN numbers change?

Nope, but then again, driving is not a Constitutional right unlike the right to keep and bear bang bangs.

Having a registration number on your gun that is fairly current could help you if it is stolen and you need to prove you didn;t murder someone.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Indeed it does. You weren't told to get permission to sound like that. You were free to do so and did so.

Thank you. I wish your understanding of the Second Amendment was as good as your understanding of the First.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Having a registration number on your gun that is fairly current could help you if it is stolen and you need to prove you didn;t murder someone.

Err, what? Altering the registration number on a firearm is a felony. They are ALWAYS current.

Also, if I report my firearms as stolen and they are subsequently used in the commission of a crime I cannot be held legally liable for their misuse.

link   

originally posted by: madenusa

According to the Office of the Federal Register, which keeps track of government agency rules and public notices, 81,611 pages of regulations and proposed rules were created in 2015.
That is significantly higher than 2014’s 77,687 pages, and more than the all time high of 81,405, which was set in 2010.

All told, about 3,378 rules were finalized, and 2,334 regulations are at some stage of consideration.
In addition to this, President Obama issued 29 executive orders and 31 executive memorandums
(with plenty more to come in 2016).
The only question that remains, is what new horrors does the federal register have in store for us this year?

As for the federal register, I would imagine more as the population grows.

As for executive orders, the number by president is publicly available.

link   

It would protect me if someone steals my gun, which happens so often.

If your gun keeps getting stolen then it's a you problem not mine not his or hers but you so why punish everyone?

Since you like to bring cars up in a gun conversation then let me ask you if you would be okay for stricter car laws when a drunk kills a Family driving home from grandmas house or an angry person driving thru a crowd like the one in Vegas recently?

Also don't tell me what I can or can't comment on and I won't tell you.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Thank you. I wish your understanding of the Second Amendment was as good as your understanding of the First.

I do understand the 2nd amendment. To the fullest I can. It is still debated, to this day, the full meaning of it. You act as if I am the only person trying to interpret it.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I do understand the 2nd amendment. To the fullest I can. It is still debated, to this day, the full meaning of it. You act as if I am the only person trying to interpret it.

The Supreme Court's decisions on it are quite clear. I can pretty much purchase what I want when I want.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Obama is talking about hand guns, not tanks.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

It would protect me if someone steals my gun, which happens so often.

If your gun keeps getting stolen then it's a you problem not mine not his or hers but you so why punish everyone?

Since you like to bring cars up in a gun conversation then let me ask you if you would be okay for stricter car laws when a drunk kills a Family driving home from grandmas house or an angry person driving thru a crowd like the one in Vegas recently?

Also don't tell me what I can or can't comment on and I won't tell you.

I left out the word 'Every' and it wasn't in regard to ME. I have never owned a gun.

yes, stricter laws for people killing people with cars, why not?

Also, it is rude to bring people's profile quotes or avatars into a thread, especially in a negative way. It is off topic, so I will say it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join