It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Armed militia occupies forest reserve HQ in Oregon, call ‘US patriots’ to arms

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: intrptr

You don't think its possible the militia is hijacking this incident to gain media attention to push a, in their eyes, larger agenda?

I'm with Mystik on this one, the Fed is playing to find out who fancies themselves minute men.

Those that show up are in for a surprise. Maybe not right away, but somewhere down the road. Anyone that answers an internet "call to arms" is stupid as the day is long.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

So the militia is working for the government?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

There are sure to be agent provocateurs among them, but most are not. Intrptr is right about uncle sams entrapment....

If only someone had proof of plants and a ruse......

oh and by the way Xcathdra, i thought it was a "running joke" that you worked for the cia? Headquartered in Langley?
I apologize if it was not funny, as i have seen other posts alluding to the same satirical presumption.

edit on 3-1-2016 by freemanwalking because: structure

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: freemanwalking

Ah yeah I don't so that's why I didn't get it. I generally ignore those types of comments as I have stated many times what my background is.

Entrapment is where a person acting under the collar of law gets a person to do something they would not ordinarily do. Its not illegal to associate with groups that dont like the US government nor is it against the law to bear arms so im still not sure how this is the government faking something to identify these militiamen.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Entrapment is where a person acting under the collar of law gets a person to do something they would not ordinarily do. Its not illegal to associate with groups that dont like the US government nor is it against the law to bear arms so im still not sure how this is the government faking something to identify these militiamen.

Would you call it entrapment if there is video evidence of an agent of the federal government helping to plan this cluster?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

If any of that is true

There you go.

Still, the government can screw up all they want... and what will you get from them?

'Sowwy we burned your houses down. I hope your grandparents had fun burning to death.'

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yeah, I'm tired of it too. You have to remember these are the people who will lose their god-like status when people take the law into their own hands.......what do you expect them to say?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
This is a perfect example of why today's society is completely controlled.
The crimes committed by those in government against the people of the world are therefor all to see. We moan and complain yet when some are finally standing up against oppression many run to hide. They will make excuses and reasons for not supporting this.
Hopefully many will see this for what it is. An opportunity to say enough is enough and take back your country which has been high jacked by the elite and big business.
We have all seen the clip....when they come for you no one will be left to stand up for you.

Maybe the current climate is right for this kind of event. Around the world civil wars are breaking out. America is not immune from the disease which it has spread along with the usual suspects.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: InMyShell

There is a time, and a place, and a reason this is not it, lets hope peaceful resolve, and smooth transition of power can remain a staple of U.S society; because if it isn't a serious war will take place,, and no one wants it because of a corrupt judge and some militia men who took over a fed building.

Not to say it won't happen because it very well may, many issues are powder keg, but we should not push for it to occur, and we should also remain steadfast to the great society that has given rise to this very conversation.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It seems way over the top to me to go starting a wildfire to cover up some poaching. What sort of evidence did they want to cover up? Unless they had heaps of field dressed carcasses and numerous hunting blinds from a large scale operation, why not load up the carcasses and burn or bury them on the ranch and be done with it that way? Why not bury them on the public land and carry away any evidence? What was being done with the illegal harvest of the animals they were poaching? Was it just to feed the family or do they sell it? I doubt that many poachers are killing more than they could use to supplement their own needs. Robin Hood got major respect for harvesting the King's deer herd to feed the needy.

Burning a back fire to protect their home and property seems like a more reasonable scenario in my opinion. Did they even get accused in court over this supposed poaching incident? If "the man" wanted the ranch property, then it would be fairly easy for the accused to be set up on spurious charges if all else wasn't working for the government's land grab. What actually makes this ranch property so valuable to the government to take it by any means necessary?

The whole things stinks to me from both sides of this issue but I give more weight to protecting fire fighters when people are actually setting their own fires and adding to the burden esp. when they do it without notice to anyone concerned.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: InMyShell
Hopefully many will see this for what it is. An opportunity to say enough is enough and take back your country which has been high jacked by the elite and big business.

That's all well and good... obviously the fed's are scared stupid of publicly standing up against a united patriotic militia.

But whats the bet these guys will just get cold and bored within a few days, then give up the 'so called' cause to just go back to there comfy little homes to kick back a few beers and root there cute blonde wives?

The government will win though short attention spans and modern day desires... we are a weak species and the federal government knows it, imo... Unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Xcathdra

You don't think its possible the militia is hijacking this incident to gain media attention to push a, in their eyes, larger agenda?

I'm with Mystik on this one, the Fed is playing to find out who fancies themselves minute men.

Those that show up are in for a surprise. Maybe not right away, but somewhere down the road. Anyone that answers an internet "call to arms" is stupid as the day is long.

Never a true word said, it's a trap plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Then what is the time and place if now is not it?

Raging wars throughout the world in the name of American citizens?
The Open stealing of money to line the pockets of the rich.
The murdering of innocents by those in uniform?

The destruction of society in the name of big business?

Look at the real unemployment figures.

If now isn't the time to say enough is enough then I'm afraid that it will be too far gone by the time people decide to grow a set.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Interesting ....

Seems to me it was a Fight with Fire of a Future Fire,, that seems to be Occurring ..

and if thats.. what I am Reading Correctly... This Has been happening for thousands for years
burning the Ground Area in a Control Manner , to Preventing Stopping a Fire in the Future to Spread..

So Much for the Term Fight Fire With Fire...

For the Uneducated Ignorant ... and for Oregon State..

Can you really fight fire with fire?

by Robert Lamb
science.howstuffworks.com...

Likewise, you can help prevent the spread of forest fires by keeping less fuel sitting around. Around the home, this strategy often means keeping your property free of vegetation that could act as fuel. If you're managing a farm, forest or grassland, it often pays to conduct a controlled burn. In this scenario, wildlife managers set fire to an area under controlled conditions, burning fuel that could potentially feed a future wildfire. The burn creates a manmade firebreak, or gap, in combustible material to contain spreading wildfires.

edit on 02015SundayfAmerica/Chicago12 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I was wondering what the fuss was about, thanks for posting the back story on the hammond's case. This is upsetting, and hopefully the media doesn't lose sight of the injustice.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmethystWolf
a reply to: DBCowboy
I don't think they have a right to seize and occupy a federal building.

Also, let's call this what it is - terrorism.

You're right, they don't have a right to seize and occupy a federal building.

I also remember the 60's where college students and radicals and (terrorists?) seized and occupied federal buildings.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
A couple of points:

In theory, these guys are using their 2nd amendment rights correctly. The question is, is this a reason to be using your 2nd amendment rights

Will US soldiers fire on American citizens who are no threat to the civilian population?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
1. Doesn't matter what the back story is.

2. Taking over a federal building whether armed or not is a crime, domestic terrorism.

3. Since they have weapons, they have now added years to the prison time they will serve.

There won't be another Waco or Ruby Ridge here,,,, those lessons have been painfully learned.

It is one thing to peacefully protest...... to take over a federal building is something completely different.

I predict all involved will be facing lengthy prison sentences.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline

Will US soldiers fire on American citizens who are no threat to the civilian population?

Kent State.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If these people are massacred, i will take up arms as well.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join