It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Armed militia occupies forest reserve HQ in Oregon, call ‘US patriots’ to arms

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Xcathdra

Re-reading i think we actually were in agreement. If so my apologies.

I think we are so no worries.. it happens..

my apologies.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace
I agree with you, it would be nice if the Court just said, "Oop, your right we screwed up here, everyone just simmer down you two are free to go." I mean the ranchers in this case are apparently very willing to go along to get along, I am sure they would not even bother with a civil trial for damages.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Punisher75

Not paying grazing fees, while also profiting from it. The Bundy's are a case in point of welfare ranchers. I don't like them because of that. I do respect their knowledge of the law in this case though.

Right or wrong, law is in favor of these guys this time. 100%. I could defend them in a court of law.

Okay Dokie thanks for the response.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Thanks for finding that!

If you come across it, I'd like to see the transcript for the re-sentencing hearing that sentenced these men to 5 years in prison.

-dex

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Re-reading i think we actually were in agreement. If so my apologies.

I think we are so no worries.. it happens..

my apologies.

I was the one out of line...BIG TIME. I sincerely apologize X.

link   
a reply to: DexterRiley
Like I said to Vector, "Okay Dokie thanks for the Response"
I for a moment though he was you. LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: dreamingawake

Is this guy and his fellow "patriots" mentally ill?

I wasn't sure, but after watching that video I think there's something off with that guy.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

a reply to: dreamingawake

*sigh*

The guy sounds like a little kid who doesn't understand how society works. He sounds like some little kid throwing a temper tantrum because *he* thinks he knows what's best and *he* knows what the people want/need. So *he* is going to take what he wants with guns and whatever.

A lot of this "tyranny" is self-imposed-psychological. It's another version of the victim complex, a "poor me, we're so oppressed!"...So instead of hiring lobbyists, or running for office, writing letters, picketing, circulating petitions or sit-ins...they're going to break into a government outpost (even if it is unmanned) with weapons and lay siege to it?

Is this guy and his fellow "patriots" mentally ill?

I wasn't sure, but after watching that video I think there's something off with that guy.

Lol you're silly. There's not a single thing you just listed that'd change anything. History proves this over & over.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

Thanks for finding that!

If you come across it, I'd like to see the transcript for the re-sentencing hearing that sentenced these men to 5 years in prison.

-dex

Like I said, I could defend these guys. The feds are trying to impose further punishment on a sentence already served. They can't

Held: The Double Jeopardy Clause prohibits Arizona from sentencing respondent to death. This case is controlled by Bullington, which held that the Double Jeopardy Clause applied to Missouri's capital sentencing proceeding -- barring imposition of the death penalty upon reconviction after an initial conviction, set aside on appeal, had resulted in rejection of the death sentence -- because that proceeding was comparable to a trial on the issue of guilt and the initial sentence of life imprisonment in effect acquitted the defendant of the death penalty

That will apply uniformly across the land.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

So he's really playing the victim here instead of finding more reasonable ways to affect change?

No sympathy from me.

These folks have tons of options available to them, yet refuse to utilize them. Instead, they go to some bizarre extreme. And to top it off, they then turn everything around and become the victim after putting themselves into a situation that breaks even more laws.

Nope, if you want to fight the man...you gotta be smarter than the man. This plays exactly into the hands of certain groups inside the government.

I'm fairly certain FBI informants are pushing/instigating some of this.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

Martin Luther King would have some words with you about how his sit-ins, marches and protests got some changes done...

Oh, and politicians are for sale. They just don't advertise their prices out in the open.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Well, hopefully the end result of their occupation will be more like the Wounded Knee incident. Rather than like Waco and the other such incidents.

The 1973 occupation of an Indian town by a confederate of armed native american activists drew a lot of attention to the plight of their people. Unfortunately a few died, but the incident ended peacefully after the activists achieved their goals.

Most of us remember how the Waco seige turned out.

-dex

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I think this is why people really should be a bit concerned. This is obviously not a race issue, as everyone involved is of the same race, so no one can claim that to obfuscate anything. The Courts are not even pretending that what they have done is remotely Constitutional, they just don't care at all.
They are not claiming that it is being blown out of proportion due to race baiters.
They are not claiming that there was a hidden explosive that no one saw but the police.
They are not claiming that the ranchers committed a separate crime and they are simply charging them on two separate counts... Nothing. LOL
To be honest that's the part that has me befuddled, thee total lack of an attempt at cover up. Not even lip service. LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Found this online,

more or less what people are saying here, but in condensed format

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

a reply to: clay2 baraka

So he's really playing the victim here instead of finding more reasonable ways to affect change?

No sympathy from me.

Who is "He"? The guys going to prison are too scared to even argue with the court, they are not the ones with the militia. LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

That's why I stuck around in this thread. I did the digging. Honestly at first my opinion was against them. Then I looked into it.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

It is totally over the top crazy that there is not even a hint of cover up, it is all just out there in the open. Naked as you please.
edit on 3-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Fun fact concerning Malheur National Wildlife Refuge

Malheur (pronounced mal-hewer) was named by a French trapper and means "misfortune," undoubtedly a reference to the trapper's harvest.

Read more: www.gorp.com...

(emphasis mine)
-dex

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

I think I figured out why presidents hate Oregon

Oregon is shaped like a lopsided tee.

where is the sarcasm font?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

If you're anyone who has been convicted,or harassed by the government...there is no question. You already have your answer. Join them, or some other notable militia group. Our Constitution, which they ignore, demands it, for a free country.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join