It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Armed militia occupies forest reserve HQ in Oregon, call ‘US patriots’ to arms

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Malheur Wildlife Refuge Headquarters

live feed of Hammond ranch Streamed 16 hours ago

edit on 3-1-2016 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Ok, I'm with you lets hope cooler heads prevail, but a massacre of these men would probably be an issue as well. Let's hope all offending parties can be held accountable in peace.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Does anyone here remember case (s) of a government controlled burn (not a back burn) that got out of hand and destroyed private property?

I seem to remember prescribed underbrush burns in Florida that escaped control and burned private homes.
I don't remember any government officials going to prison for it though.

Any longtime Florida residents have any memory of this? It may date back to the late 1990's.
ETA:
Here is an example by the Colorado State Forest Service :

An elderly couple died in the Lower North Fork Fire, and one woman was missing who lives in the fire zone. It destroyed at least 27 homes.

The fire remained out of control Wednesday

27 homes .
An elderly couple dead.
One woman was missing.

We are lucky that the government entity that was responsible 'apologized'.

Question:
Where was the federal government in this case?
Shouldn't they have stepped in and arrested the person's responsible for arson and manslaughter?
edit on b000000312016-01-03T05:07:06-06:0005America/ChicagoSun, 03 Jan 2016 05:07:06 -0600500000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It seems they have been trying to get the land a long time before this happened. Farmers for years have been setting fires to control wild fires and improve grazing lands. You don't think this is over the top? You seem to have made up your mind.
These people are farmers working land to support there families and you spew constitution this and court that. It isn't working for them. Do you really think the government works for the people all the time? Here's a quote you won't like.
"A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison, The Constitution of the United States of America
I'm sure someone can tell you why this applies here.

edit on 3-1-2016 by jlafleur02 because: typo

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Earlier I had give praise to the Ranchers that claimed they set fire to fight fire I am now taking my praise back it's seemed they are fire bugs that started the fire to cover up poaching..send their asses to jail, and gimme back my beer.
Yes the vid is from Lib media so sue me.
edit on 3-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Isn't it common knowledge that the FBI has infiltrated all these militia groups with informants for decades now? None of this should be of any surprise to any federal agency…

Thats what I was thinking, too. Maybe the fed is having a concurrent sting operation.

Maybe the militia chose this place and time to raise public awareness about the situation. An area that is essentially closed for the winter and using buildings not in use. There is room for both sides to maneuver without a 3rd party forcing a deadly response by either side.

The government maneuvers alright. WACO, MOVE, SLA, and Ruby Ridge come to mind. As far as government, they surely would infiltrate any movement they could.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: jlafleur02
So whats the reason that the government wants the hammonds land in the first place? It seems they are being very aggressive in trying to get it.

?????????????????????????
They set fires to hide the fact that they'd been poaching, endangered forest rangers who were fighting the actual fire they were exploiting and are now being 'supported' by lunatics from Nevada. The Hammonds are the ones in trouble.

Also that wasn't my question. It has nothing to do with whether they are guilty. What is the benefit of the BLM getting their land if any.

link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Ok, I'm with you lets hope cooler heads prevail, but a massacre of these men would probably be an issue as well. Let's hope all offending parties can be held accountable in peace.

Of course but let me ask.

Why occupy land that belongs to the people of the US and assume you can speak / act on their behalf? Is that not the same argument they are trying to make about the government? Secondly engaging law enforcement with weapons is also a law violation is it not?

I voted for my congressional reps and these guys werent on the ballot?

A law is only worthy of being called a law when it restricts the enforcers of the law as well. If they open fire on the feds first then have they not crossed over to the very side they are railing against?

When Obama decides to use EO to restrict guns then we can talk. Who owns what land and who started a fire?

really?

link   

It's more than likely an exercise to bring suspects out of the woodwork to be identified.

Me? I like to fly on airplanes. I also happen to think if you want to fight "the man" you need to use their own rule book. Politicians may cost money, but instead of buying a new tactical vest, how about starting a PAC?
edit on 3-1-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The burns by state / federal government are planned in advance and have equipmrnt standing y to monitor. Their intent is not to start a fire and let it burn private property.

The claim in this case is the rancher started a fire on public land and then failed to notify fire officials, which can be viewed as an intentional fire and can be viewed as violating the law.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I agree this is not the issue for people like you and I to take action on, and they all need to find a peacful solution. This is not the time and place nor reason to make such a stand.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Me? I have been abused by the system from the age of 6. Can't afford to fly on a plane! Can't get a job! Hunt for food!

START A PAC!?!?

To hell with them and their file and that way of thinking.

edit on 3-1-2016 by freemanwalking because: sue me

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jlafleur02

My post was more a warning to be wary of government operatives. How you confused that to mean I'm anti second amendment is beyond me.

It seems they have been trying to get the land a long time before this happened. Farmers for years have been setting fires to control wild fires and improve grazing lands. You don't think this is over the top?

Yes I do. Thanks I was wondering why they are doing this.

I don't live there, first I heard of it.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

The burns by state / federal government are planned in advance and have equipmrnt standing y to monitor. Their intent is not to start a fire and let it burn private property.

The claim in this case is the rancher started a fire on public land and then failed to notify fire officials, which can be viewed as an intentional fire and can be viewed as violating the law.

I did an edit, with an example.
Who did these ranchers kill?
They were presented with an emergency in that a wildfire was approaching their property. They simply did what they had to... what the government would have done if they were capable and not inept.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: freemanwalking

You know, Scientoligists have kept "the man" off their back, and they didn't even have to stockpile weapons. They kept themselves one step ahead.

Operation Snow White

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent" - Salvor Hardin, "Foundation" by Isaac Asimov

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

and I truely think this is what this is all about... This would not be in the news if the militia didnt do what they are doing.

How much should we bet on the militia being more than willing to speak with the media and how much should we bet they go into all their grievances with the current mess being barely mentioned.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: MystikMushroom a reply to: freemanwalking You know, Scientoligists have kept "the man" off their back, and they didn't even have to stockpile weapons. They kept themselves one step ahead. Operation Snow White "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent" - Salvor Hardin, "Foundation" by Isaac Asimov

Did you know Mr. Asimov was published in 9 out of 10 dewey decimal catagories?

thanks for the quote.

I wonder if i could get away with calling you incompetent just because i don't agree with you?

edit on 3-1-2016 by freemanwalking because: evidence

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

and I truely think this is what this is all about... This would not be in the news if the militia didnt do what they are doing.

How much should we bet on the militia being more than willing to speak with the media and how much should we bet they go into all their grievances with the current mess being barely mentioned.

Thats one hella hilla beans there.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Right but the caveat is the land they started a fire on was not theirs, they failed to notify fire officials and they did it to cover up their poaching.

If any of that is true then they brought this down on themselves.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You don't think its possible the militia is hijacking this incident to gain media attention to push a, in their eyes, larger agenda?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join