It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Armed militia occupies forest reserve HQ in Oregon, call ‘US patriots’ to arms

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I wonder if they'll let everyone in the US come as well, seeing as the building belongs to all of us, regardless of whether or not we agree with what they're doing.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I could not agree more. The fact that they knowingly 'took over' a FEDERAL BUILDING' is enough to send all involved to prison. They were already facing 2010 charges.for federal Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996.

This cannot end well or soon enough. ... .

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I find some of the responses to this very telling... and very amusing. Imagine it was Black Lives Matter protesters that had taken over a Federal building.... especially if they were heavily armed.... this would be a very different thread then.
edit on 3-1-2016 by Blazemore2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Will US soldiers fire on American citizens who are no threat to the civilian population?

Some things to note here.

Posse Commitatus is a federal law passed by Congress at the end of the civil war. The act only applies to Federal units. State guard units actually answer to their respective state governor / adjutant general. State units can be federalized but the requirement is specific:

To enforce federal law (think civil rights act and desegregation).
To put down an insurrection by a state / city.

State guard units can in fact engage in civilian law enforcement functions.

All congress has to do is revoke the law / have the president sign off on the new legislation and there you have itt - Federal military units being allowed to engage in civilian law enforcement functions.

The incident at Kent state involved the state guard units and not federal troops.

8 guardsmen were charges and a federal judge dismissed the charges stating the prosecutors case was too weak to hold up. Civil suits were filed and in the end settlements were reached.

New evidence was located in 2007 - a audio reel of the incident - where an order to fire can be heard. However it also caught an altercation where gunshots could possibly be heard about 70 seconds before the NG fired. The case was reviewed in 2012 and the US AG declined to reopen based on the inconclusiveness of the new evidence.
edit on 3-1-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Again I still think this is a publicity action. Taking over federal buildings, waiting for a fed response, only to go you dont like it when we seize your property so why would you think its ok to seize private property.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: muse7
A hellfire from a reaper should resolve this quickly

No, that will cause many hundreds more deaths when people take to the streets in Guerrilla warfare style and begin taking pot shots at anyone in uniform. It will even likely cause a civil war.

Civil war? Hah. American citizens have long been in a civil war with the government militia/police force.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Vector99

Was this federal or state land?

Tax payers land.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: liveandlearn

They say it was their private property, BLM says it was leased...

Crazy how different the two sides of the story are.

Not exactly. The blog is distorting the story. The blogger considers Federal land to "belong" to the people; this was the attitude of the Bundys, that is why the Bundys are supporting this family, who would rather take their chances at getting off four years early for good behavior than become a cause celebre for people the government really does consider to be terrorists.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
I find some of the responses to this very telling... and very amusing. Imagine it was BLM that had taken over a Federal building.... especially if they were heavily armed.... this would be a very different thread then.

The BLM is the Federal Government.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I find some of the responses to this very telling... and very amusing. Imagine it was BLM that had taken over a Federal building.... especially if they were heavily armed.... this would be a very different thread then.

I dont remember any ATS interest in this.

Armed Black Panthers March in Texas: ‘Off the Pigs’
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I meant Black Lives Matter .. not Bureau of Land Management... I made the change for clarity's sake on my post.. thanks for pointing that out.
edit on 3-1-2016 by Blazemore2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

a reply to: DJW001

I meant Black Lives Matter .. not Bureau of Land Management... I made the change for clarity's sake on my post.. thanks for pointing that out.

Someone would still suggest burning it to the ground and/or starting a Civil War.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

No that would cause anarchy. People can take over buildings with no consequences? Allow them the time to mobilise and secure locations?

Not the best suggestion by a long shot.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

"This cannot end well or soon enough. ... . "

It'll end soon enough I'd guess.
Obama's probably on the phone to Putin now asking for assistance.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Did they start the fires?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm glad someone is standing up to government tyranny and overreach.
These men did not deserve prison and fraudulent means were used to arrest them.
To later charge the same men for the same crime is double jeopardy, regardless of their changing terminology.
This got me to thinking that if local militia were to occupy their county government buildings that would be the likeliest method of a revolution beginning. Were that to happen in thousands of counties simultaneously both the Feds and State would not have enough resources to deal with them all.
Don't count it out, when the funny money system crashes we'll have to do something besides wait for starvation.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Vector99

Was this federal or state land?

Tax payers land.

Out West the federal lands have always been used to graze livestock, since it was first settled.
It was a method of keeping down the cost of beef and cheaper to make the ranchers care for the fences.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

"This cannot end well or soon enough. ... . "

It'll end soon enough I'd guess.
Obama's probably on the phone to Putin now asking for assistance.

Man you just can't help yourself can you? any opportunity to bash Obama, what's Putin gonna do fly sorties over Nevada and bomb protesters, I say wait em out there is no need to play who has bigger balls as long as there are no hostages and firing at Cops and others, these folks with guns want that martyrdom don't be dom and give it to them.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
so, basically the judge that sentenced them the first time didn`t have the legal authority to reduce the mandatory 5 year sentence,so now they have to go back to jail to finish serving the mandatory sentence?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

THANK YOU! I hate to say it but ats will strip you of your mod title for that one.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join