It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historical Storm unfolding in Texas and Oklahoma

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Just glanced through the thread..Anything on Burleson?
My sister, 2 nieces and oldest son live in that area, but I haven't heard from them.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

OK, update...

It was warm outside this morning, its starting to cool off right now. Still not very windy yet however. I am near the Burleson area for reference.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Rowlett is calling for as many ambulances and search & rescue crews as possible, which is always a bad sign. That was a very large, long-tracked, probably strong/violent tornado. Radar was showing debris lofted well over a mile in the air.

From my friend who tracks these storms...

TechniXcality, you were right. I misread his comment. He told me:

" you may not be out of the clear quite yet. There’s a tornadic supercell just south of the Farmersville area right now moving north, may not be producing right now but could very easily spawn another tornado at any time."

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Just glanced through the thread..Anything on Burleson?
My sister, 2 nieces and oldest son live in that area, but I haven't heard from them.

Its fine right now. Internet is pretty wonky however...

2nd.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Local news stations are reporting that 4 people have been killed in Garland.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Is it safe to say the drought in Texas is over?

63 inches of rain here this year. Most in 9 years. Thankfully, the drought got a big set back this year in my area.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
There are reports coming in of injuries homes completely destroy and even fatalities, this situation and storm are far from over, after tonight we will have flooding rains tomorrow and then snow tomorrow night, i wouldn't be surprised if a state of emergency is declared. All prayers are with those who have been directly effected.

I'm so so sorry. This sounds so dreadful. I hope the power stays on. Things are always worse when the power is down.

Please stay off the roads.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: buni11687
Local news stations are reporting that 4 people have been killed in Garland.

Was is related to the weather, gang shooting, terrorists or what?

Can you post a link to it?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Four dead in Garland

Four people are dead in Garland after a tornado outbreak Saturday evening in North Texas.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Storm missed me to the east, I live near DFW. Storm missed my Aunt and Uncle by a mile though.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

On I30 looking over the lake towards Rowlett went right near my children's home, I am a happy man they are safe. Tonight is a solemn night, not looking good.
edit on 26-12-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Looks like the Denton area and northward is getting some bad stuff now.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Thoughts and best wishes to all those affected.

Scary stuff indeed.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Holy cow!! They are showing live video of all the cars that got blown off the Bush Turnpike at I-30 in Rowlett! This is some scary stuff. My friend lives in Rowlett off Dalrock and I-30. Said it was the scariest moment she's ever lived through. She's okay and her home is untouched but the neighborhood a couple blocks up is destroyed.

Can someone find and post the video? I can't seem to find it.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Looks like the tornado threat is diminishing very quickly. The cold front is rolling in very fast and temperatures have begun falling in the western area of DFW. Feels like it dropped 20 to 25 degrees in the past two hours here. There's still a tornado watch to the east of DFW, but should be over in the next couple hours. The local news is estimating a total of 5 tornadoes touched down today. (That number could change, it's just an estimate at the moment).

ETA - Still lots of thunderstorms that will continue for some time, but little chance for more tornadoes.
edit on 26-12-2015 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The death toll has gone up to 6 now. 4 in Garland and 2 in Copeville.

Death toll up to six now

Four deaths occurred near the intersection of Interstate 30 and the President George Bush Turnpike in Garland, within a couple thousand feet of each other, Garland police spokesman Mike Hatfield said.

Two other people died at a gas station that was destroyed in Copeville, according to Collin County emergency management officials.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
Hi Tech! Hope you had a lovely Christmas

Thanks for posting this, Holy crap that first picture
I'm not looking forward to this one.. 79 where I'm @ right now, will hang on.

Hey I'm sorry I did not respond earlier I was glad to hear from you, are you ok now? I am heading out in the morning to see how I can help. Hope you are alright will keep you all updated

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I just want you all to be aware as we mourn those who were lost tonight, this storm is far from over and its potential impacts, what you are looking at in far west Texas is a blizzard and that change over line will continue to march east, while on the eastern side we experience 6inch plus flooding and then snow, this is a powerful storm system thank you all for participating and I hope everyone is safe, I will continue to update. Love you all

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Man I am not looking forward to the news tomorrow morning. When you head out to do what you can, remember to bring chalk, a hard hat, maybe a backpack with some basic first aid. You may be the very first person some of these victims will see. May require some of the basic triage you have already been trained with. Just don't forget some pen and paper either.

I have a disaster kit for just this kind of thing in the closet. Living in Florida, half the summer is close calls sometimes. And please remember to wear some serious gloves man. You know the drill.

We been praying since you began coverage man. Let us hope enough people are reached with such instant reporting that there will be no more casualties. A family can hope.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join