It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historical Storm unfolding in Texas and Oklahoma

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Oh Christ I am watching the news pls stay safe
it looks aweful .. they said already 8 people were killed

edit on 27-12-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Byrd

I was wandering (being new to the US) are they unusual for this time of year though?

Severe storms across the southern US aren't actually all that unusual through the winter. What makes this one a bit more unusual is that we have an El Nino weather pattern in play. It lets the warmer, moister weather creep a bit further north than it would otherwise be at this time of year. El Nino patterns are also creating greater atmospheric instability with the jet streams being out of place from where they normally are.

This is more of an early springtime pattern, but the El Nino is creating it in an unseasonable manner. Expect more of this over the course of the next 6 months or so as the El Nino dissipates.

Thanks for your reply, I guess I always thought Tornadoes were a springtime event.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

It's one reason I rarely enter a weather related thread, even though I have some training and have chased twisters for 35 years, even before it was in vogue. I rarely chase anymore though, because the highways are becoming clogged with armchair enthusiasts. Climate change is a climatology discussion. A developing storm, in the here and now, is a meteorology discussion, and never the twain shall meet. Climatology and meteorology are two entirely different disciplines. To discuss climatology in this thread would be seriously OT in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Yes I agree, have you checked out the latest 4km nam brings snow to the DFW area upwards of 5 inches in ft worth, the trowal feature is interesting, I wonder how likely this scenerio is, sure would like some snow.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Deadly tornadoes yesterday, and a white crisp morning today, what a dichotomy this weather. Ill take pictures soon.

snow is falling soft flakes, after the disaster that just traumatized Dallas. My thoughts are with the family's who lost loved ones. A bitter sweet ending. Goodnight and good morning everyone

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Our local guys in eastern Nebraska went with the European model for the last 4 days. As of last night it was showing 17 inches for us. This morning, it's back to the GFS, where the low is considerably further east. Updated total is for 4-8 along and east of the Mo River.

When is the last time a trowel feature showed up on your radars in Dallas.? I have a hunch they're not too common.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Traveled on the road in Frisco this morning and it was snowing heavily! Could barely see.

Two days ago it was 78 degrees. Today it's snowing and 36. Unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
38 degrees down here at lat 29.25 north. We were spared the violent weather. I imagine this would be a warm winter day for those who live near the great lakes and NE.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

That's shorts and tee shirt weather :-)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Give this area a week and it will be back to 80 degrees. It's a roller coaster for weather this time of year.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I've been driving through it since Saturday. Quite an interesting journey from New England to Oklahoma.

I'm in Missouri now. What a mess! Route 44 is the main east/west road and parts of it are closed. Lots of flooding everywhere. Snow in the western part.

Will be happy to be home tonight.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
Oh Christ I am watching the news pls stay safe
it looks aweful .. they said already 8 people were killed

They were driving on the freeway, some on overpasses when the twister came blowing through. Picked the cars up off the highway and threw them about like toys.
They were the only fatalities so far. No one in their houses died, but many houses were just demolished. The lucky ones only had their roofs torn off.
This happened right in my neighborhood. I went on a walk this morning and photographed about 40% of the damage. I'll post a link full of photos later today.

I was lucky. It hit the neighborhood and freeway behind me, then jumped right over my street and continued its rampage down the road. Police got everything blocked off right now, and nobody has power. Debris everywhere. Lucky were lightly into prepping, my family is a little better prepared to deal with the blackouts. Some of my friends were not so lucky.
edit on 12282015 by MayanBoricua because: Mistakes Were Made

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MayanBoricua

My prayers are with you and your community.

Terrible, unforeseen events such as this bring out the best in yourself and your neighbors. Good comes out of the bad.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Theres videos of the tornado on youtube, one shows the tornado crossing the freeway, but they were too far to see the flying cars. Then you see it cross the lake and head towards the neighborhoods. I see it over the park i used to walk to to get high at in my teen years.

Its surreal to see places you travel through everyday on the internet and tv.

edit on 12282015 by MayanBoricua because: Added video

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

WQow, that was extreme.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

No words, just glad you made it . Blessings to you and yours in the days to come, this is not something that goes without affecting everyone. The country assumes since it is Texas, you take care of your own, so I have to ask where is the outreach? I think of Joplin and how the world came right away. Keep us informed please, and stay safe, know you are all in this countries prayers and thoughts.

(post by VincentVicious removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by VincentVicious removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Finally uploaded the photos. Im running off my phones hotspot, so it took forever.
If you have any trouble viewing, let me know. So far, I've noticed the news really leave out the worst of the damage.

Thanks for your kind wishes, guys ^_^

mayanboricua.shutterfly.com...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join