It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historical Storm unfolding in Texas and Oklahoma

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MayanBoricua

honestly my heart stopped reading that.. it cuts me to core hearing that.. I wish there was something I could do

oh god I just looked at the photos
I haven't seen anything like that for a very long time

edit on 29-12-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

This is simply tragic, not only was/is he a customer of mine but one of the few I have considered a friend.

I do not see his story in any search? No news stories on a missing responsible man?

A trucker also was swept away at the same location and saw B climbing out onto the roof of his vehicle before he the trucker lost sight of him.

My comp is acting up really badly I have tried to rewrite this post 3 or 4 times now, I keep getting an error and problems. So this is the best that I can share this time, tech we are in Polk co.

How can I thank you for keeping me and my immediate family safe in this tragic event> Thank you is not enough.

edit on pm1231pmTue, 29 Dec 2015 19:20:24 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Tech, just just checking in I have news from my little local home town, a friend I just found out was coming home from work Saturday night when he crossed a river crossing and was swept away. He has yet to be found. They did find his Grandsons carseat about 10 miles down river, but nothing else so far. His son is still out searching, of course for search and rescue at this point it will be recovery, we have had a cold snap roll through since sat. and even snow, sleet and freezing. I was pulled to go down and let a neighbor near my home know they can cal us anytime night or day or even come up to make calls and have a hot beverage and wait it out if needed. I have never done that before.

As for B. when I was told I said I had not heard about him on the news? Not sure if it has been since or not? He was swept away on H hwy between Halfway and Pleasant Hope. WE all know that crossing like the back of our hands, this was really unusual and knowing B as we do he was the cautious type, never a risk taker, responsible.

This is simply tragic, not only was/is he a customer of mine but one of the few I have considered a friend.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Hey Antar its good to hear from you I've always appreciated you and your posts here in this community i think you are a great person, i just wanted to say i am so sorry to hear about your friend and his grandson, miracles in such tragedy's do happen so i would say that all hope is not lost.

I am glad you and your immediate family are safe, and you do not have to thank me,part of my passion in meteorology is helping people and trying to keep people safe by warning of the impending dangers, and you are most certainly welcome. Please update us on this story, my thoughts are with him and his family.

edit on 29-12-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

WEll whats really frustrating is how it is not on the news, where we locals can get a better understanding of whats being done and what they know so far. All I know is hearsay but that his Grandsons carseat was found about 10 miles as the river flows and winds from where he was swept away. His Grandson was not with him. No other signs of Brian or his vehicle have been made public. It just couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, really.

Now one of my friends said she heard a news report on this but who knows, she just was not sure if that report was about Brian or not. If there is a major search and rescue shouldn't we know via our local news by now? If he did perish that will make 12 I think here in mo in the past couple days.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I'm sorry for your friend.
I have experienced this recently and the local news did NOT put anything out there until the next of kin had been notified...
I mean we were told but there were no "official" reports on the news, etc. until two days later...

It's hard and I really feel for ya!

In our case, maybe the person will be found alive. Maybe in your case, they will be also!

Good Luck!

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

That's terrible. I hope they survived. Sound like a horrible thing to go through. Where did it happen?

Update: Power is back in many parts of Rowlett, and the streets are cleared. Still much rubble in the hoods, however. We've had police and electricians and other support groups from all across North Texas come through and help with the efforts. They got door to door volunteers giving out water and tarps and gloves, ect. Police blockades are slowly being lifted. This will probably be my last post in this thread, I dont wanna be a sympathy ho.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It's hard to not stay firmly abreast of these developments.

Just awful.

Stay safe, everyone.
& God bless

Anyone still here?

# 561
edit on 30-12-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: syntax

edit on 30-12-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: spelling

edit on 30-12-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: human fish swimming at the bottom of the atmospheric ocean receive mortal shocks most mortal of those are those received by their

edit on 30-12-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
just thought I'd show you all some of the danger that happens when trying to help people whilst storm chasing, this happened in rowlett after the large tornado.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

What an asshole. I wonder what part of Rowlett that is. Hope they got his ass.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Lol, I know right what the hell is wrong with people? That was some Texas chainsaw massacre crap. I truly do not understand what happened there.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
That cme blast from the sun will be here in hours

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Here y'all go

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

just thought I'd show you all some of the danger that happens when trying to help people whilst storm chasing, this happened in rowlett after the large tornado.

Bastard psychopath.. people are crazy.. stories like this piss me off.. They make u never want to help others again.. guy is so lucky.. glad they caught his face on camera

To the stories above
some scary devastating stuff ..
so cool to see people here helped others ..
so glad to also hear people volunteer to help others in need ..
(spoke to few Americans about hurricane Kathrina .. how the community and people pulled together .. it makes me feel hopeful ..)
ok last post

edit on 30-12-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I remember seeing that on reddit. Some of the people said he was a drug addict, but I have no idea. Did he say he wants an attorney at the beginning or is that just me? Maybe some mental health issues mixed in (purely speculation on my part). Still so scary though. Lesson learned: if you want to help someone, make sure your doors are locked and only open your window a little bit so you can hear them.
edit on 30-12-2015 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

I'm checking in late to this thread, but I have some family that live 5 mins from the Garland tornado. One of their friends was in it and had their house destroyed, but that friend is okay. That was a really weird night.
edit on 31-12-2015 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: phoenixlights321

He said,"can I speak to an attorney please" which to me indicates he could of just committed a serious crime while intoxicated and thought the storm chaser was a cop, I hope not but this video may very well be a video of a man who perhaps committed something very serious, it would be hard to tell as well because of all the tornado damage who would know? I am drawing conclusions but I do not think I am too far off, I hope it's not the case.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It is most doubtful, his car was found but still we have not found his body.

One thing I have to say is that all the muslim soldiers were plastered in the news, locally people were just beside themselves with grief that all those soldiers were swept away. The news never referred to them as anything but "Soldiers" so people assumed they were American. I am not saying any one life is more precious than another but they were foreign soldiers and the news was filled with their story, yet the local man who is still missing and the truck drivers story who also was swept away at the same time (and lived to tell his story) was not covered. A small blurb in the local paper came out yesterday finally, but still.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Hwy H Polk county Missouri.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Anyone live in okc and feel the two earthquakes? One yesterday and one today, both around the same time. With the first being a 4.3, the second felt like a 4.0. Very strange..

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Ok Tech, since this is ATS and a special thread related to saving lives, I am going to share news about my friend. First of all I now understand why Hwy Patrol, Fire and rescue and all the others were not sharing info on the msm about Brian. They are devastated by what actually happened last Saturday and placed a gag on the story until resolution could be made one way or the other. I guess this is one of the abilities of a small town where we still put our citizens first...and where all lives truly do matter.

As I stated before a truck driver and Brain were swept off the road in a flash flooding event. It happened in an instant and the 2 people who happened to be at the right place at the wrong time went through a harrowing experience trying to stay alive until help could arrive.

They both at first were able to use cell phones to call for help. The truck driver was saved, but Brian who's family or part of them arrived were there to witness their beloved down the now swollen fierce river where before only a small dry creek crossing had been. Hwy Patrol, Police from 2 districts and fire and rescue from several counties arrived and were unable to save Brian, the ropes and cables they had were just not quite long enough. With the temps plunging fast and the raging rivers clogging up at a bend with debris and downed tree's and all other manner of waste, Brian hung on even though all of his clothing had been ripped from his body (which were found down stream since) with the rescuers even trying helicopters with ropes, this all happened so fast but with the large trees in the way of the helicopters, even they were unable to help.

With his family up river watching, scores of friends, neighbors and emergency personnel, Brian could no longer hang on and was swept out of sight. His body has not been recovered.

Our community is beyond sad, beyond grief for the family and Brians son Josh who has searched endlessly for his Father since last Saturday refusing to give up, shock and disbelief taking over his ability to reason.

Prayer of compassion for the rescuers and more importantly Brians family who are beyond grief.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join