It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historical Storm unfolding in Texas and Oklahoma

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Yep hearing the same thing. Terrible situation.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Of the chasers Kelley Williamson is closest and is streaming. He is also reporting for the weather channel. Link to stream on page 1 of thread.

edit on 12/26/2015 by TXTriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

As a weather enthusiast these storms excite me however when we talk about the loss of life there is nothing exciting about that,Its not over yet will keep everyone updated muse7 keep your eyes peeled those "crazy meteorologists" watch models for a living this is a truly historic storm system and it has just begun, everyone stay safe.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Mate its crazy sitting here in Sydney Australia following this. Stay safe..

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

Thank you will do,my X wife lives in rowlett and a tree ended up through the front of the house, all power is out, my children are ok which is the most important thing, wow that was a crazy ride there for a little while. Will update soon more model data starts coming in, in about an hour.
edit on 26-12-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The damage that StormChaseMedia is showing is horrendous.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Just got word from my best friend in Rowlett. He and his neighbors just lost their entire homes to a tornado. I have a tree (my burr oak) firmly planted in the center of my rooftop. What a nightmare.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz
Are you ok?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I'm just a few miles north of Dallas and I'm watching all the local news stations post updates on facebook every couple minutes on all the different cells passing through the area. Not sure how many tornadoes have touched down, but it seems there's still more to come throughout the night.

Found this picture on the Fox4 page of the tornado that passed through Garland.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Neysa

for the time being, things have calmed down; which gave me an opportunity to go check on damage. We are okay, but this storm looks like an all-niter. I am absolutely use to damaging storms; but, for some reason, this storm feels different.

I've never heard the tornado siren go off more than twice in a day before...it has gone off six times in the last 2-3 hours. It definitely has the entire city on edge.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

there has been over 25 tornado warnings, and we don't know how many more have touched down we will know more in the morning. That tornado was just south of me i am in Wylie, and went very close to my X wife(my kids are safe) home in Rowlett there is an extreme amount of damage, and more to come. Like I've said this is not over the only good news is the threat for tornado's will decrease but the threat for flooding and even snow and ice will increase. Stay safe brother

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

i am in Wylie

Waving at you, neighbor. I live in Plano, near Shiloh & 14th street (FM 544). Stay safe!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Is it safe to say the drought in Texas is over?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

hang in there man i hope you are safe, and have somewhere you can be? i am at 544 and springwell area. How much damage is there? are you going to be able to stay warm? please update

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Looks like there will be a break coming for the eastern side of DFW, although there's more storms developing below the area of this radar screenshot. The western side of the DFW is in for it now. I think I'll probably lose power when this cell flows over my area.

Reports of a possible tornado in the Southlake/Colleyville area now.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

We are good for now. our tree breached the roof top, but not into the living area. However, I have a friend who is a professional storm chaser. I just spoke with him and he said that there is currently a super-cell just south of us and we should take immediate shelter.

On a side note, my wife works in property insurance and just received a call from her boss telling her that an official catastrophe has been declared (by her company) and her vacation is effectively over. Sounds like we will be seeing horrible damage once the sun rises.

EDIT: I just received word from one of my friends...her vehicle was tossed (with her in it) several hundred feet. She survived with broken ribs (according to her). However, she said there were multiple vehicles with "lifeless" bodies in them. This is around the Rockwall/Garland near the area near Interstate 30.

edit on 26-12-2015 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I'm a few miles south of FTW, nothing crazy yet. Very overcast. My Internet bounced several times during my WOW arena session. Decided to call it quits until this clears up lol.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Is it safe to say the drought in Texas is over?

Negative, burn ban will be in place until the Universe has a heat death.

2nd.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

currently we are watching this squall line forming to the west, he may of been talking about the super cell to our east but that has fizzled out, here is a radar shot.

Radar

luckily once the cold front moves through the tornado threat will be at zero, however flooding is our next concern with this beast, and then snow. I agree i believe tomorrow we wake up to a huge amount of damage its a truly sad situation.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I am not looking forward to the aftermath of this one. I really hate strong El Nino years.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join