It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students protest transgender invasion of privacy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

originally posted by: 123143

If you put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig.

We're talking about CHILDREN. Contrary to your opinion, they are human beings facing special challenges, not animals.

They cease being children at puberty when all kinds of things happen...

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Brave new world. They have no rights to privacy in a locker room.

Joking right? lol Why not go unisex, problem solved. We will just let them deal with it and 8 years it would be the norm.

Oh hell, why fight it? The girls and their parents were in the wrong in thinking that they had a right to privacy.

They don't have those rights in a high school locker room.

The transgendered do.

Because if the transgendered had the same rights ( non existant) as the girls, then they'd be changing in the boys locker room.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

That is one of the things that I find a bit concerning when it comes to under age girl and they privacy, I don't see why they need to be tolerant while been exposed to a male with male genitalia that thinks he is a girl undressing in the same rooms.

No, sorry but that is wrong for the under age girl, give the undecided boy his space also while he thinks or is fully changed to the desirable sex.

I still can not understand why this protest by young under age girls is considered wrong, they are in their right to complain, plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

*clap* *clap* *clap*

This is the real issue that a lot of people seem to be ignoring. Forcing the communal shower time to begin with is a terrible and honestly sort of twisted thing. I think being uncomfortable about having transgender people there is only natural, an understandable thing. Change is uncomfortable, as a species we like to take the easy path, but a lot of people's reactions to the situation are otherwise disgusting. They seem to be viewing the children as nothing more than animals or sub-human.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

I wrote a post about this, concerning bathrooms. The solution many in my thread presented, and I agreed with?

Private, single person rooms with doors that lock. Doesn't matter how old or young you are, what gender you were born as or identify with, with sexual orientation you are - You get your privacy.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope
Nice idea. But not really practical for showering. Presents maintenance problems, not to mention capital costs.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Why not? Mental delusions should be confronted, not reinforced.

Ignorance should be confronted, not reinforced.

Agreed. Allowing a person to continue believing they are the wrong gender then allowing themselves to irreversibly mutilate themselves surgically and/or undergo traumatic hormonal therapies is ignorant and pandering.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I don't think the person in question is considered a man but you seem to think that she has some prurient interest in "exposing" herself to anyone.

Physically she is a man and so why would it be any different than a naked man below the head? The idea for many girls just might be the situation of a naked man taking a shower next to them no matter if the person thinks they are a girl. As I said, we might as well go unisex and problem is solved.

edit on 25-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Freija

originally posted by: 123143

If you put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig.

We're talking about CHILDREN. Contrary to your opinion, they are human beings facing special challenges, not animals.

They cease being children at puberty when all kinds of things happen...

Like what? Transgirls are on androgyn blockers (and sometimes estrogen). A transgender child's puberty is most similar to the gender they are and not the one corresponding to their genitalia.

And if you are thinking of sex drive or something, you need to study this more and see why that's not an issue.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You do realise how much you're actually whining, and how ironic that is, right?

I'd be interested in meeting the girl's parents. I wonder how much of their attitude comes from them? I certainly understand their complaining, but I'm curious as to if they've actually changed with the transgender person yet, or if it's preemptive.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

If it was a purely mental condition then I would agree with you.

But your assumption that this is an issue of neurochemistry, rather than neurophysiology, is rather telling. There is a distinction there which is crucial to understanding the situation, and most people do not want to examine the issue deeply enough to form properly informed opinions on the matter.

The informed opinion should be "If you have a penis, go to the men's room. Rub some dirt on your ego and walk it off."

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The transgendered have a right to privacy in high school locker rooms.

Not teenaged girls. Not teenaged boys. They have no rights.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

As I said, we might as well go unisex and problem is solved.

No. That would not solve the problem.
There would still be kids who felt uncomfortable. But there seems to be a perception that kids have a right to feel comfortable. With adolescents? Good luck with that.

edit on 12/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

How can you be the "wrong" gender? It's literally impossible. I think what you mean to say is that their physical characteristics and your perception of what those physical characteristics should cause them to act like (in your opinion) are mismatched.

link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

SO, when a medical examiner autopsies a body how do you think they identify it?

NEWSFLASH: If it's got a penis it's a male. If it's got a vagina it's a female.

What is so tough about this? Does everything in society have to be ambiguous and politically correct?

Some of you have fallen into a trap of recent vintage. Society is crumbling beneath your feet because of it.

We are not changing for the better. You have been brainwashed and you are dragging the rest of us down into the gutter with you.

link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

I'm not whining.

I don't see where you are getting that. I'm agreeing with you.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Their rights end where everyone else's begin.

I'm sure you've heard that before.

Plenty of times. Which right are we talking about, currently? Real or imagined?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

They do? How are they accommodated?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

Society is crumbling beneath your feet because of it.

And here I had been thinking it was rock 'n roll.
There's a lot wrong with our society. It could use some changes.

edit on 12/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

They do? How are they accommodated?

They get to choose their locker room. Regardless what anyone else says. Because everyone else has no rights.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join