It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students protest transgender invasion of privacy

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

I don't think you understand what the laws of nature truly are, because the laws of nature? They encompass. Literally. Everything. If it exists, it is within the laws of nature, because nature is all that is.
I'm following the laws of genetics, by the way. An X and Y chromosome make you male, not a penis. The latter is the result of the former, not vice versa.

What about the people who blindly reject things?
I'm not 'blindly' accepting it, by the way. As I said, I went into this with no prior bias. I got to know homo/bisexual people and transgender people personally. Then, I made my choice as to where I would stand.

Let me be honest with you: Odd sexuality doesn't lead to the downfall of a civilization. What does lead to a downfall of a civilization is everyone arguing about inane bullsh*t while they're being screwed by more powerful entities. (In this case, corporations and government.)

Yes. Yes, I really do. I want the lines blurred to the point that they no longer exist.
I'm a Utopian though, don't mind me. I just want what makes everybody happy and content forever.

Yes. Which is why I think they should have private changing options. As a mostly heterosexual male, I felt extremely uncomfortable changing with other heterosexual males.

This should be an issue about privacy in general, but it isn't.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Yes. Biology. You are talking about someone's SEX. Gender is a psychological thing, and is on a continuum.

But anyway, I thought it was the penis that made someone male, not the Y chromosome? /s
edit on 25/12/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

edit on 25/12/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Mysterious Reasons

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Tell all the boys in all the high schools they can now walk into the girl's locker rooms and have a seat.

Has anyone suggested this?

You suggested it. You said the girls have no expectation to privacy in a communal bathroom.

"I understand how they can feel that way. I don't blame them.
But, in a communal locker room they never really had a "right to privacy" as far as other hetero girls, or lesbians, or transexuals goes. Never really did."

And since a "trans-girl" is actually a biological boy, if one boy has the right to go into the girl's bathroom then it would be discriminatory to not allow all boys to go into the girl's bathroom. And if anyone calls them on it, then just have to start singing 'Man I feel like a woman' - (shudder shania twain...)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

The transgendered felt uncomfortable.

You believe that the person involved feels comfortable in either communal locker room?

You're avoiding the topic.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

But since a same-aged boy can go in and flash his penis, the girls have to grin and bear it.

You think that this person is going to be flashing the girls?

Pretty sure that if that occurs it will not be tolerated any more than a boy flashing on the football field would.

So the biological boy is not going into a girl's locker room to shower and change clothes? What is he going into the locker for, then? Please elaborate.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

You said the girls have no expectation to privacy in a communal bathroom.
Yes.

it would be discriminatory to not allow all boys to go into the girl's bathroom.
False.

And if anyone calls them on it, then just have to start singing 'Man I feel like a woman'
You really know absolutely nothing about it if you think that's what is involved.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

So the biological boy is not going into a girl's locker room to shower and change clothes?

To shower and change clothes. Not to flash a penis at the girls.

edit on 12/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The transgendered have a right to privacy that is acknowledged.

This is evident by the locker room change policy.

The teenaged girls have a right to privacy that is ignored.

This is also evident by many here.

Suck it up people. Rights are not equal. Right are now only acknowledged by the state.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

As I understand the laws of nature:

A man and a woman can make babies.

A man and a man cannot make babies.

A woman and a woman cannot make babies.

The exception being Drs. Frankenstein.

Am I wrong here?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

No. It is precisely the topic.
The topic is girls who feel uncomfortable in the locker room.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Ah. That one. It's all about the babies.
So only people who are capable of reproducing are "natural."

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

Please go and reread the first four words of my post. I literally say "It's an emotional issue"

Fair point, apologies. I read it as if you were saying your argument is logical and we are only arguing from emotion.

But if you argument is emotional, how is your emotion more valid than the emotion you think we are feeling?

What about her breasts, though? I guess those don't "count" as sex-associated body parts.

I'm not going to ask him to strip down to to see if those are hormonally induced or just padding.

1) Ever heard of 'moobs'?
2) Sex-associated? Breasts are for feeding babies. Are you trying to argue from a cultural standpoint?

Still, what you have managed to do is convinced me that no matter what I say or do, I will not convince you. Ignorance, truly, as they say, is bliss.

Ignorance is ignoring basic biology for an emotional argument.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Actually, human virgin births are technically possible but incredibly unlikely. Scratch the fourth line off.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

No. It is precisely the topic.
The topic is girls who feel uncomfortable in the locker room.

Girls feeling uncomfortable in the locker room have no rights.

Transgendered who feel uncomfortable in the locker room have rights.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well, I would like to see how these appeals go before we can get a good nationwide policy correcting these issues. Perhaps these children can simply homeschool on federal budget until its all sorted out in courts. Hopefully common sense will prevail and biology is ruled in favor.

I recommend this child simply have a temporary waiver from this class and the locker room(s) until the courts figure it out. OR, or if they insist on the class, we allow a temporary waiver to complete the school day at home under a homechool credit for that class as a Federally funded homeschool grant waiver thing for temps. until its all figured out in court.
edit on 25-12-2015 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Ah. That one. It's all about the babies.
So only people who are capable of reproducing are "natural."

Propagation of the species is the ultimate goal of every species.

It takes a man and a woman - a male and a female. That is natural law.

Am I wrong?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

No. Propagation is the "goal" of evolution.
There is more to life than reproduction. There are other ways of contributing to society.

edit on 12/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

No. Propagation is the "goal" of evolution.
There is more to life than reproduction.

And how do we evolve?

By procreation. Without it genes are not passed on and/or rewritten.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

And even less discomfort is to have this boy who thinks he is a girl undress in a separate room.
I will not concur that it is simply a matter of a "boy who thinks he is a girl" but you understand that you are simply requesting that all of them have private dressing rooms and showers, right?

How many of 'them' are there? Assume a P.E. class of... what, maybe 15 to 20... 30 at a crappy school.

How many people who think they are opposite gender are there going to be in one hour's class?

Hell, how many are there going to be in a school population of 500 - 1000?

The statistics say there should only be 1 at most.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Transgendered who feel uncomfortable in the locker room have rights.

Yes. The right to be uncomfortable in the locker room of the gender with which they identify.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join