It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students protest transgender invasion of privacy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

If you put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig.

We're talking about CHILDREN. Contrary to your opinion, they are human beings facing special challenges, not animals.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

Chosen?

How is their dignity being violated?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Chosen, as in the "feelings" of the sexually confused are, in your view, to take precedence over the privacy and dignity of the rest of the girls in that locker room.

I don't know about you, but where I come from men don't expose themselves to women without their consent in an intimate environment.

Or in a medical setting, which is a professional matter.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Like I said in my initial post, the girls should just shut the f### up.

Brave new world. They have no rights to privacy in a locker room.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

If you put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig.

We're talking about CHILDREN. Contrary to your opinion, they are human beings facing special challenges, not animals.

You are letting emotion get in the way of solid logic. I loathe clichés but sometimes they're necessary.

I'm sorry you are so reactionary. It must be rather inconvenient for people who deal with you.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: nullafides

What's the point of gym class anyway?

So the jocks can finally get an A?

We learned how to square dance in my gym class. Something I find very useful to this day. /sarcasm.

Get rid of gym class and problem solved........

Sounds like your PE/Gym teachers sucked.

Nobody got through gym class without significantly improved physical fitness, but now importantly, improved knowledge of anatomy & physiology, as well as the more intangible things such as teamwork and field marshalling (Identifying and best placing strengths and weaknesses.)

As for the OP, I'm 100% in agreement with you and the girls on all points.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Hermaphrodites are genetically tested to show the dominant gene, the doctors just do not go around cutting organs for the heck if it.

More often than not one organ is fully formed while the other one is not.

In rare cases the two organs could be functional but like I said is rare.

What percentage of babies born in the US are hermaphrodites having sexual characteristics of both male and female?

In general: 0.033% to 0.05% of babies are born hermaphrodites.

While researching this question I was seeing numbers from .01% to 1% depending on classification from a true hermaphrodite where it is impossible to say which side they are closer to people who have characteristics of both (but can pass as one).

www.answers.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Interestingly those pushing for the rights of one, thinks that the rest have not rights at all.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Chosen, as in the "feelings" of the sexually confused are, in your view, to take precedence over the privacy and dignity of the rest of the girls in that locker room.
I don't see privacy or dignity being more of an issue than it was before.

I don't know about you, but where I come from men don't expose themselves to women without their consent in an intimate environment.

I don't think the person in question is considered a man but you seem to think that she has some prurient interest in "exposing" herself to anyone.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Not really. Curtains provide plenty of privacy and involve very little in the way of design. But problem is more complex than that, legally.

I don't blame the girls for feeling the way they do, btw.

I'm not sure if that is enough to provide privacy for changing and showering. That is a lot of curtains when 40 girl/boys are trying to go though the wash rack. A cheaper way would to bring in trailer bathrooms that we use in Iraq/Afghanistan. Many provide OK privacy with shower stalls, but I think one of the bigger reasons we have common bathroom/showers is to have a way to monitor too, and so we lose that ability.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

You are letting emotion get in the way of solid logic. I loathe clichés but sometimes they're necessary.

This wasn't one of those times. You just wanted to be rude and not sound like it. I'm sorry too if my knowledge and expertise in this area seems to somehow defy your "solid logic" and envisioned fantastical scenarios of girl's locker rooms.

I'm sorry you are so reactionary. It must be rather inconvenient for people who deal with you.

Hmm? Making unfounded assessments about my personality now are we? As far as reacting with emotion, you seem to be getting pretty worked up yourself.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I think that since the teenaged girls are in the wrong here (along with their parents) that they all need to be re-educated by the state so that they don't have these thoughts of privacy rights anymore.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
We live in a world full of prudes, people are raised and shamed on there body from such a young age.

Its funny to see the oh my gosh the pc police is evil crying over a change room.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Brave new world. They have no rights to privacy in a locker room.

Joking right? lol Why not go unisex, problem solved. We will just let them deal with it and 8 years it would be the norm.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It's an emotional issue because it must be an emotional issue, surely you understand that? Logically speaking, there doesn't need to be a distinction between the male and female locker rooms to begin with. It's asinine and arbitrary, there's no actual reason for it besides a frayed version of 'privacy'. (And logically speaking, privacy is meaningless as well.)

You appear to believe in the "Penises here, vaginas here" approach, but the issue with it is that it's nowhere near so black and white.

Does this person belong in the boy's locker room? Serious question. Which room do they go in?

We could actually keep the separation-by-sex-organ if we disassociated them from gender identity, but like that's ever going to happen in this society.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You are selective about how you interpret my statements. I don't do that dance.

Ten girls are undressing in the locker room. Among them comes a boy who thinks he is a girl. He undresses.

You don't think those adolescent girls are uncomfortable? They're in their underwear or they're naked for a shower.

In walks a penis while they're showering. Now how do you think they feel?

Please don't insult my intelligence.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

You don't think those adolescent girls are uncomfortable?
If you had been paying attention instead of just reacting, you would have noticed that I said that I can understand them being uncomfortable. Several times.

Do you think that some of them may be uncomfortable undressing in front of other girls? Some of whom are likely to be lesbians?

edit on 12/25/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

The "transkids in the locker room" issue shines an important spotlight on something that has always been a problem: communal naked time for children. A lot of kids don't do well in these situations and it is especially bizarre and twisted to have children do this during puberty.

If transkids are what makes people realize something that many others already realized, all the better. No child should be coerced to get naked in front of his or her peers and adult teacher.

A transgirl showering with the cisgender girls is faaaar more uncomfortable for her. It's not like this is the optimal choice when usually, the student just doesn't want to be harassed or assaulted in the "assigned" locker room. Students in many schools don't have an alternative choice.

So maybe the answer is to actually look at the flawed way we force kids into these situations in the first place.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Ten boys are undressing in the locker room. Among them comes another boy who thinks he is a boy. He undresses.

You don't think those adolescent boys are uncomfortable? They're in their underwear or they're naked for a shower.

In walks a penis while they're showering. Now how do you think they feel?

As someone who very recently went through high school, I'll tell you this quite simply: I HATED communal locker rooms. This was before the concept of transgenderism was really a thing, everyone was (openly, at least) a heterosexual male for me. Still hated it. Would have hated it equally if there were three transgenders, a transexual, and a homosexual there. I would have felt no different.

You seem to be talking as if the transgender kid is a pervert who wants to flop their penis around in front of the poor girl's faces.
Honestly, as far as real situations go, they'd be changing. In the corner. Facing away as much as possible. Because they would be ashamed.

Also, you seem to be defining people purely by their sexual organs ("in walks a penis.")
Please try to avoid that.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

You don't think those adolescent girls are uncomfortable?

Most people are uncomfortable in a locker room, regardless of the gender of the others in the room.

I don't know the answer to this issue, but all the problems seem to stem from the insecurity of individuals.
edit on 25-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join