It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students protest transgender invasion of privacy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
@Ketsuko

And if things stay as they are, that system never will change.
What do you think I'm fighting for?

Actually, what it is I don't understand are that people exist who consider being homosexual or transgender is a sin against nature.

a reply to: 123143

You're also operating on an emotional level. From a logical level there is no issue. At all. Because from a logical level, differences in sex and appearance are arbitrary. If everything operated logically, males and females would be using the same locker room to begin with.

Why?
Right, because you say so.

Look at Freija's pictures.

What if the person has breasts and a penis?
Which locker room do they go in, pray tell, under your nice and tidy black and white system?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

A reminder . . .

I did not make the system, NATURE DID.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Addressing the rest of your post, those who are confused by their anatomy use the third locker room.

You can duke it out amongst yourselves.
edit on 12/25/15 by 123143 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Speaking of attacking in packs... I do appear to be alone here, do I not? Are you calling me a coward? Puh-lease.
Intolerance of intolerance is not a bad thing.

Tell me, did you actually grow up in the "everybody gets a trophy" world?

I did. Do you know what those "you tried" trophies are? Badges of FAILURE. They are marks of SHAME. No one liked getting them, no one.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

So ... you can fight for what you want and we can't?

Uh-huh ...

Here is what you will need to do in order to make what you want happen:

You will need to scrub sexuality out of the media. People need to stop looking at themselves and each other as sex objects and that won't happen so long as our culture sets us up to think of each other in a sexual way. That means we need to take sex ed out of school and simply teach the birds and the bees in biology again. Stop teaching it like a class on all the positions and orientations starting at age 5. That normalized sex, the activity and the idea that we should see each other in those exclusive terms.

You want people to see naked bodies and not think sex? Than you need to stop teaching from the age of 5 that that's all they're basically for.

You need to stop advertising to boys and girls how they need to look and stop having only attractive people on the media. You need to stop body shaming. Who cares about the obesity epidemic?

Oh, and we ought to stop boys and girls from being controlled by their hormones at puberty because as soon as those kick in ... all bets are off and they are going to notice anyway.

Society will never be a world of asexuals no matter how much you want it to be.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Nature made our high school locker system?

Well, by extension, technically, but in that case nature made literally everything.
Including the transgender people.

I'm personally of the opinion that kids shouldn't be forced to change in the same room as others to begin with, but oh well. Let is be lost in the storm.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nudists have no problem.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
"I'm personally of the opinion that kids shouldn't be forced to change in the same room as others to begin with . . ."

WE AGREE ON SOMETHING! How about that!

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Stop teaching it like a class on all the positions and orientations starting at age 5.

Pardon me.
What?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Let us assume a class size of thirty. That is thirty shower heads needing plumbed in, and some partitions, not to mention thirty good quality lockers. That being said, there should always be enough shower heads that all students involved in activities can shower without queuing anyway.Here is how it would work.

Thirty kids are in the physical education class for the day. They walk into a cubicle, and from that moment, the cubicle becomes their own for the duration of the lesson. That is, from the moment they walk in, to the moment they walk out after the completion of the lesson. When the lesson is complete, or when an individual student gets sent to an early shower, the teacher sends a message to their phone, which will be in their locker. That message will have the exit code, to be entered on a cheap, but solidly designed digital system built onto the both the locker door, and the cubicle door.

This code will, once entered to the cubicle door upon exit, and only once the shower process has run, reset the door so a new user can enter, but only once the occupant of that cubicle has finished their activity, used the shower, and left the cubicle. Modern (not over complicated and expensive, just modern) technology could be installed in this situation for less than the cost of say, I don't know, creating an entirely separate locker room for those caught between a rock and hard place, gender wise, and those who oppose their right to be who they are. It would render all members of the student body equal, and prevent the sort of nonsense that is coming up at the moment. It would also teach students about healthy boundaries.

For me personally, even as a guy, my boundaries are simple. I will not be showing anyone mine, and I do not want to see anyone else's, thank you very much. This would make that work for everyone, in every class, WITHOUT the need to increase the amount of space being used for showering, or lockers, or changing. It would, however, make the process of dealing with ones dignity an awful lot easier for everyone.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The school district will harpoon it as too expensive.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Well here is the cold hard truth of it.

There are certain intractable and unavoidable facts that cannot be ignored or brushed off.

First:

Transgender folk are not going away, and they shouldn't either. They absolutely ought to have the same rights and freedoms as other folk do, and should not be denuded of those rights, just because their complex situation is too complex for the knuckle headed tyre kickers they are forced into contact with every day, to wrap their tiny, poorly developed cortexes around.

Second:

Everyone MUST feel comfortable with the arrangements.

Third:

Since some people will never be comfortable with persons they consider "other" than themselves in their midst (which is a backward, animalistic attitude to take, but not one which seems to be changing any time soon), alterations will have to be made to the showering facilities, since forcing a person who identifies themselves as, and appears to be female to use a male locker room is inappropriate to say the least.

Fourth:

The only options available, given the impossibility of transgenderism going away, and the implacable position held by the student body on the issue, are the addition of a third locker room in totality, or a change in the way shower and locker facilities operate, which renders each individual a personal space, free of prying, judgemental eyes, in which to conduct their hygiene rituals. I can absolutely promise you that a compromise involving a change in the use of pre-existing shower facilities, will be cheaper than the addition of new facilities by a great deal.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Thanks for calling me a knuckledragger simply because I have a different opinion.

Stay classy, UK.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
I was sleeping on a boat and the owner tried to humiliate me by throwing me off the boat undressed. It is a long story, but I was poorly and I was just airing my clothes and having a sleep on an empty boat.

So you expected them to wait whilst a nude weirdo got dressed before they threw you off their boat?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
First:

Transgender folk are not going away, and they shouldn't either.

Why not? Mental delusions should be confronted, not reinforced.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I did no such thing.

Read the damned post properly.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Why not? Mental delusions should be confronted, not reinforced.

Ignorance should be confronted, not reinforced.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

If it was a purely mental condition then I would agree with you.

But your assumption that this is an issue of neurochemistry, rather than neurophysiology, is rather telling. There is a distinction there which is crucial to understanding the situation, and most people do not want to examine the issue deeply enough to form properly informed opinions on the matter.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
One thing is perfectly clear, nobody here has ever known a transgender child or faced the difficult struggles their parents deal with in trying to raise healthy and happy children.

Oh, but since trans kids are mentally ill aberrant freak of nature sexual predators, let's exclude, isolate and segregate them so they'll for sure know their place as broken deviant perverts when they grow up. Let's all do our best to dehumanize these kids and invalidate their identities and who they are and if we're really lucky, maybe they'll just all kill themselves so none of the "normal" kids have to be a little uncomfortable around people that are different through no fault of their own.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join