It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft picture quiz

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That's OK emile, I don't have that edition, either.

I do have the 54-55 though, and it had disappeared from that edition, so it really does appear that you do actually need them all (I was thinking along the same lines as you waynos - one every five years):bnghd:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Over-zealous mods.... :shk:

Anyway, some more aircraft PROJECTs for you... (note that national markings and similar marks have been edited out)

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Number 5, if you put 20p in the slot does it rock backwards and forwards?

3 = Chichester Miles Leopard
4= ZRPSL Bielik

wombat, it was BEA and Laker.

[edit on 13-3-2006 by waynos]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Gonna have a wild guess here, but is number 6 a Hawk?

It looks like one.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Number 5, if you put 20p in the slot does it rock backwards and forwards?

No, it only accepts Euros now....

Originally posted by waynos
3 = Chichester Miles Leopard
4= ZRPSL Bielik
Correct. The latter is a fantastic little number.

Zanzibar, afraid not mate.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
For number six, does the RAF have anything to do with it? Like is it or was it a trainer? I used to be an air cadet and I really do recognise it!

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Zanzibar, I don't know what it is except to say that I reckon it dates from within the last three years and is probably a private American project, can't put a name to it though.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Zanzibar, I used to be an Air Cadet too. I promise you it isn't in service with the RAF. Waynos is very close on the scent.

Anyway, here's a clue re the first two pictures:

[edit on 13-3-2006 by planeman]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thats a clue?!?!

I already saw the bloody Alouette tail, its the front thats bugging me.

Can you tell how frustrated I am

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
Anyway, here's a clue re the first two pictures:

Well, unless I'm completely misinformed, that's an Alouette III, so do the fiirst two have anything to do with Europcoter, we're not talking about prototype Tigers here, are we.

Waynos, all I can think of is Hawker-Siddely Trident, but that did actually go into production.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
bbbwwwwhahhahahahaaaaa -(evil laugh)

Yes, the first two are both based on the Alouette III. One is South African, the other Romanian....

[edit on 13-3-2006 by planeman]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I feel a bit better now, no6 is the Viperjet.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
1. IAR 317 Airfox (I do like a helicopter with its own Bar - even if it is down the back!)
2. Denel XH-1 'Alpha'
5. I remember it quite well, but can't quite put my finger on it - but 'Scorpion' rings a bell.
6. EADS Mako....errrr oops - changes mind and goes with waynos - Viperjet

[edit on 14/3/06 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Winged Wombat
That's OK emile, I don't have that edition, either.

I do have the 54-55 though, and it had disappeared from that edition, so it really does appear that you do actually need them all (I was thinking along the same lines as you waynos - one every five years):bnghd:

I think even Waynos doesn't have every edition per 5years. I do remember Waynos has 51's edition.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
not every five years, I'm not that rich. I have them at roughly five year intervals from 1938 to 2004. A short while ago there was a COMPLETE SET FROM 1909 TO 2005 for sale on ebay, with the first fifteen editions all signed by the author. I might have bid if it wasn't for the small matter of a £50,000 starting bid

The remaining answers from my last set are as follows;

2 = Bristol F11/37 turret fighter, replacement for the Boulton Paul Defiant, F11/37 was won by another Boulton Paul design but was suspended when Derfiants started dropping like flies and the concept was seen to be flawed

4 = Boulton Paul P.100, ground attack fighter planned for 1942, abandoned when the Hawker Typhoon was found to be inadequate as a fighter and switched to the ground attack role.

5 = BAC Three Eleven, this 270 seat airliner was the last attempt to build an all British large airliner, launched in 1970 with orders for 40 from BEA and Laker it was cancelled by the Govt in 1972 with first metal having been cut on the prototype and the engineering mock up built to clear the way for the A300 in which rivals Hawker Siddeley were a partner. Regarded by some as a sort of 'airliner equivalent to TSR 2' (regarding the folly of scrapping it).

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ah haaa

I wondered if we had been bidding against one another waynos (after you mentioned receiving your 38) - I'm sure we have been as I've picked up quite a number of editions in the last 6 months. (perhaps we should exchange tags by U2U in case we are bidding against one another)

You forgot to mention that the full set didn't get a bid (with two listings) - in fact some of the editions in that set looked a bit shoddy for that sort of money. That's book collector type money and I imagine that they would want copies in far better condition than those photos indicated.

By the way, you don't happen to need a 68-69, do you... I have one sitting in the UK, after buying a lot of two (but only needed the other edition). It is just about to be relisted by a relative in the UK.

[edit on 14/3/06 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I've u2u'd you.

..............................................................................................................................

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Re my 6 aircraft. between you you've now got them all:
1. IAR 317 "Airfox" prototype attack helicopter, Romania, 1980s. widely promoted and looked promising for third-world applications, but it never went beyond the development stage. No idea why it was dropped. Well done Wombat.

2. Denel XH-1 "Apha" technology demonstrator for the Rooivak (sp?) project, South Africa. like the Airfox it was based on the Alouette III but with a new tandem seat gunship fuselage. Well done Wombat.

3. CMC Leopard-4 (as in four seats). one of the first "Very Light Jets" which are now becoming something of a fad. It's British so it's no surprise Waynos got it.

4. ZRPSL Bielik, Poland. A recent design still in development, it is hoped as a general replacement for the famously popular TS-11 Iskra. It may also have "sports jet" applications and be a viable competitor to the Javalin and Viperjet, and a lot cooler too! Well done Waynos.

5. PZL 230 "Skorpion", Poland. Never flew (that's the mock up) but set the standard for cool-factor pocket fighters. Designed as a ground attack fighter comparrable to the Su-25 Frogfoot or A-10, it never got to fly before funding dried up. The extent to which it was stealth has often been discussed - jury out. We can safely say Waynos got it.

6. Viperjet, USA. A commercial "sports jet", still in development. Well done Waynos.

More to come shortly.....

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Again, national markings etc removed...

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
2) bateleur
3)
this is our Chinese made CJ-1???? hhahahaha
4) India HJT-36
5) Don't know even saw it many times I just care combat aircraft :p It seem to be Russian
6) Iran Tazarv

[edit on 14-3-2006 by emile]

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join