It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw it! Star wars force awakens! (spoilers)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: infolurker
Oh man, I wanted to see Luke lay waste to a bunch of wanna bes.

I think that's what most fans wanted to see, but it's JJ's job to get everyone primed for the next two. Dollars before fans, and all that.[/quote

Think your being abit cynical. There were alot of new Characters to introduce and only so much time, hell there was still alot that needed to be expanded still on the newbies! Luke could quite easily wait. Better JJ takes his time and does it right than cram everything into one movie in one gigantic fan wank that feels rushed, hollow and overboard......like the prequels....

Now hans gone they can focus on luke for the next movie.

You're probably right. I'm a little hard on JJ, but I've watched a lot of his productions. His formula for series and movies can be irritating.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Unfortunately they will probably spend the next film "Training"Rae which will be boring. And sure well see whiney Luke not wanting to train her.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
It was awful how could you even give it a seven the prequels are better. The acting was flat even for the veterans "bad writing". Some scenes relied to much on nostalgia. The cantina scene was bland. The sound effects didn't wow you actually you could barely hear them. The plot was the same as new hope. bad guy was evil but had yet to fully give into his evil making him Boring " However he was the best actor in the movie". The scene with the red flags and the storm trooper all lined up in formation with a general giving a speech reminds you of WW2 "obvious jab at Hitler and nazi germany"

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jobless1

Totally respect your views, Star Wars is not for everyone

Yet in my view to say that "the prequels are better" demonstrates that you either have not seen the movies or that and I really don't have the same definition of what makes a good movie.

The writing was amazing, as good as empire, how could you not appreciate the humour written into the movie. "Sanitation, you worked in Sanitation!!!".... I almost wet myself.

Yes the nostalgia was probably a little heavy but it worked and for me it went just far enough, loved when Han corrected Ray when say was talking about the Falcon.

I have seen quite a lot of reviews being critical saying this was just a remake of a new hope but really it wasn't, yes it has lots of parallels, go destroy this super weapon that destroys planets ohh and take down the shield generator first. However the overall goal of the heroes in the movie was different the goal is to find Skywalker that is the motivation of the characters yet in a new hope its to blow up this big base. So yes there are similarities but i think that change in motivation does make the plot drastically different.

Kylo Ren was a amazing bad guy, he was a total psyco and it worked for me Adam Driver done a amazing job.

Yes there was a scene that was basically the first order are very much like Nazi Germany but I don't see why that is a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jobless1
It was awful how could you even give it a seven the prequels are better. The acting was flat even for the veterans "bad writing". Some scenes relied to much on nostalgia. The cantina scene was bland. The sound effects didn't wow you actually you could barely hear them. The plot was the same as new hope. bad guy was evil but had yet to fully give into his evil making him Boring " However he was the best actor in the movie". The scene with the red flags and the storm trooper all lined up in formation with a general giving a speech reminds you of WW2 "obvious jab at Hitler and nazi germany"

The prequels were better instantly invalidates your argument.

Jar Jar......need I say more....

watching a turd for 2 hours would automatically be better than episode 1

For lucus to screw a film up with Natalie Portman, Ewen McGreggor, Samuael L JAckson and Liam Neseon takes a special kind of stupid.

Though I think harrison fords performance was abit flat at times.
Again still no Hayden Christensen......

edit on 18-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Just got back...I took my Mum

Loved it cried god knows how many times.
Loved BB-8...made me cry.
Loved Daisy...made me cry when she used the force to get the Lightsaber.
Chewies roar when Han died...made me cry.
Daisy (rae) was awesome she had so much energy and her and Finn a match made in heaven.
Just a bit overwhelmed at the moment I need Hans death to sink in.
Lot's of little things made me laugh C3po..."Princesses" and he actually did an eye roll of sorts lol.
Saw it 3d Imax in Bradford and not one child in just lots of adults all crying.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Just got back...I took my Mum

Loved it cried god knows how many times.
Loved BB-8...made me cry.
Loved Daisy...made me cry when she used the force to get the Lightsaber.
Chewies roar when Han died...made me cry.
Daisy (rae) was awesome she had so much energy and her and Finn a match made in heaven.
Just a bit overwhelmed at the moment I need Hans death to sink in.
Lot's of little things made me laugh C3po..."Princesses" and he actually did an eye roll of sorts lol.
Saw it 3d Imax in Bradford and not one child in just lots of adults all crying.

Opps, should have taken heed of the spoiler alert...

Oh well, my son saw it yesterday anway and was bound to accidentilly tell me the whole damn story in under 5 minutes.
edit on 18/12/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Good news is I'm seeing it again tmr and on Sunday and a couple more times over xmas
Taking all my dudes and I'm dressing up tomorrow...little worried my guy tmr will cry more then me but hey ho.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I saw the thread and have avoided it til now

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: nonspecific

I saw the thread and have avoided it til now

So have I but as it was you I assumed you would make a brief yet humerous comment and it would be safe to take a peek.

So Han Solo dies then? who'da thunk it eh?
edit on 18/12/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think Han and Chewie knew that Rae is the other twin...the way he looked at her a couple of times.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

invalidates your argument wth are you talking about. The prequels while having too much cgi and some boring parts had better light saber scenes. The movies are more serous, the sounds are actually a lot better in the prequels and originals. You get immersed into the movie instead of just watching it.

I agree about Hayden Christensen! but Rey barely has a personality, Finn is a f-ing goofball lol for crying out loud how serous are we supposed to take storm troopers if they train from birth but produce people like finn.

I had the original toys from starwars watched the vhs tape till i broke my mother vcr. I went in thinking the prequels are going to be easy to beat. However you cant copy a new hope and get away with it. It lacks originality badly

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I also cried, i started blubbering like a baby when han diied, honesty was amazing.

Went on opening night, midnight, by myself because I am a boss like that.

Cinema was packed and no joke this happened.

So han get sliced up and I started welling up with a tear on my cheek I looked around and next to me was a older guy sitting next to me and as i look round our eyes meet, he was also in tears. I never met this guy, never said a word to him and will probably never see him again. But at that moment he was my best mate through the bond of the force.

Like i said I would have just loved if han had said "i love you" then Ren says "I know" as he sliced him up but I guess that they had their reasons for not doing it.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

However you cant copy a new hope and get away with it. It lacks originality badly

I totally understand the criticism that it borrows to much from a new hope. I actually think it borrowed aspects of all the original movies but they were amazing movies so why is that such a bad thing.

The plots are not identical, this is not a "remake" of a new hope, its it's own movie with its own plot just so happens that this plot has aspects that are similar to the previous movies. If you think about the events of a new hope and this movie they are different, we dont see Ray blowing up Starkiller base, there isn't really a Obi Wan character, actually Rays introduction to the force is entirely different from Lukes, we don't have a big reveal in a new hope like Ren is Han's son. I could go on but you get the idea, yes it has similarities but to try to pretend that this is a remake of a new hope is not giving the movie the credit it deserves in my view.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I definitely need to see it again. I'm still a bit confused and being so uncomfortable didn't help. I need to see the bit again when rey gets the flashback. Still left with more questions than answers. Almost needs prequels to help understand how it got to this point.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I understand your point. Yes its not totally a new hope. I believe you have pushed me to view the movie again and give it a second chance. It's just I guess the movie was too predictable for me. I saw han and ben having that situation way before it happened. No im not a jedi its just Hollywood's script writers basically walk you into the scene the whole move. Han telling Leia he's gone, Leia telling han he can be saved. I feel it would have been more refreshing if kylo ren did give up on the dark side. Where is the eye change like when previous jedi turned to the dark side?

And come on jj mixed in to much startrek into starwars. Vulcon mind melding much the whole movie is kylo ren reading others minds with his hand. When did the jedi need to force choke someone brain to get information out. It was a sense before something they could just channel not force on the person. Yes I know its a new movie!

and kylo ren could stop movement with his force push "which was awesome" but he doesn't use it on finn or rey in the final scene pppppplease! one simple grab and push on finn would have killed him. And rey magically learns the force without help from reading kylo rens mind ok but the light saber battle where she wins against a trained jedi/sith?

It obvious from general stokes appearance he is Darth plagueis and the fact he knows the dark side of the force. The second movie is going to be about kylo ren training vs Rey's jedi training and only kylo ren has both. Plus how general stokes is actually plagueis is going to be the big reveal which will link the new movies to the all the movies including the prequels. Which is going to be the main point of balancing the force.Darth plagueis is too powerful and cannot die add in the fact hes like 50 feet tall and you have a super villain/sith lord who going to have to die for the force to be balanced.
edit on 18-12-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I got an audiobook set in between the movies I hope that clears stuff up.
I kinda identified with Kylo Ren and his relationship with his father so my journey to the dark side is growing by the day.

I loved BB8 gonna do some overtime to get my own likkle one.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I agree it was way to predictable, although i found hans death very emotional is could see it coming about 5 minutes before it happened.

I never actually thought about the mind melt stuff, so yeah i think you are right about that, he does basically mind melt people.

By General Stokes i assume you mean Supreme leader Snoke, now yes I do think he is probably going to end up being revealed as Darth Plaguis but i dont think he looked like Plaguis because plaguis was a Munn and he didn't really look like a Munn in the movie. Although i might change my mind when i go see it again on Sunday. I do think he is probably Plaguis who really did develop the ability to transfer his being from on body to another before his death, however that is just a fan theory right now.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I am guessing that book is aftermath.... its not that good i read it and didn't feel like it really had that much impact on the movie other than the notion that the Jedi had became something of a myth

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

what you see is a hologram of him and he has scars a lot of scars. Yes you are right Supreme leader Snoke sorry. And he has a nose munn's don't have noses but what if that got changed? He did have an elongated skull as he look a lot like the Giant grendel from beowolf however less damaged and with smoother skin " the animated version with Angelina jolie as the dragon
edit on 18-12-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join