It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw it! Star wars force awakens! (spoilers)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jobless1

True he could be a Munn, i just think he did survive but at the moment of death transferred his conciousness to another body through the force then just let Sidious get on with it for a while biding his time.

I think that if this is true it will be the big reveal in the next movie and it would be just way to obvious for him to have had the appearance of a munn in this movie.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
What's the name of the audiobook, will get it

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree it was way to predictable, although i found hans death very emotional is could see it coming about 5 minutes before it happened.

I never actually thought about the mind melt stuff, so yeah i think you are right about that, he does basically mind melt people.

By General Stokes i assume you mean Supreme leader Snoke, now yes I do think he is probably going to end up being revealed as Darth Plaguis but i dont think he looked like Plaguis because plaguis was a Munn and he didn't really look like a Munn in the movie. Although i might change my mind when i go see it again on Sunday. I do think he is probably Plaguis who really did develop the ability to transfer his being from on body to another before his death, however that is just a fan theory right now.

Remember Disnery threw the old EU out (
) so Darth Plaguis could be anyone now.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I got an audiobook set in between the movies I hope that clears stuff up.
I kinda identified with Kylo Ren and his relationship with his father so my journey to the dark side is growing by the day.

I loved BB8 gonna do some overtime to get my own likkle one.

Not Aftermath?

You poor SOB. I have up after thne first few chapters. Wendig gives hacks a bad name....

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
What's the name of the audiobook, will get it

Dont bother if its aftermath.....Its so awfull......

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewokwhich one would be best as a link to this new one?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I dont think there is one yet.

Theres not many books in the new EU.

Tarkin was good but that only links episode 3 to 4. Nothing really for between 6 and 7.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

You could read the comic "shattered Empire" it gives a bit of a background to Poe Damron and also makes it clear that the Empire did not die with the second death star

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree it was way to predictable, although i found hans death very emotional is could see it coming about 5 minutes before it happened.

I never actually thought about the mind melt stuff, so yeah i think you are right about that, he does basically mind melt people.

By General Stokes i assume you mean Supreme leader Snoke, now yes I do think he is probably going to end up being revealed as Darth Plaguis but i dont think he looked like Plaguis because plaguis was a Munn and he didn't really look like a Munn in the movie. Although i might change my mind when i go see it again on Sunday. I do think he is probably Plaguis who really did develop the ability to transfer his being from on body to another before his death, however that is just a fan theory right now.

Remember Disnery threw the old EU out (
) so Darth Plaguis could be anyone now.

My take on that is this.

Darth Bane is still technically cannon as he is in the Clone wars and the Rule of two is in the movies.

Darth Plaguis is mentioned in the movies also.

So I think it is fair to say that they are cannon and I also take that to mean that those books are still cannon. Would seem stupid to me to rewrite those story archs when they are so central to the movies even if they are behind the sceens so to speak. As such I think its fair to say that If Plaguis was to come back he would either as a Munn or like I said as another being as he transferred his life force through the force.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I took my mum also, we both loved it, first time for her watching a film in 3d too

I was surprised the screen room was nearly empty, considering it's only day 2 but that was a good thing as fewer people going to the toilet or making noise eating popcorn, finishing their drinks etc

As for the film, it was Star Wars like the Original trilogy, it was more like a homage to A New Hope than a new original story but that didn't bother me I loved the eye candy of the X-Wing v Tie Fighter battles, the Millenium Falcon cruising through the husk of the crashed Star Destroyer. I accidentally read a little of the op so I knew Han was going to die but I didn't know when and I think his death was the worst part of the film.

I was glad I saw it but disappointed we only got a few minutes of Luke and was expecting to see more of Captain Phasma, but it left way too many questions, who is Snokes ? who are Rey's parents ? who are Finn's parents ? How much relevance is there to this "awakening" in the force, is Poe force sensitive ? Why there wasn't more focus on Chewie and Leia with the death of Han ? they kind of went back to business as usual when they got back to the Rebel base not even talking to each other about the loss of someone they both care a lot about.

Now we're going to have to wait probably 2 years before we get the next installment, I hope there's an epic space battle like Return

But I will definitely watch it again & again like I've done with the Original trilogy films although without 3d it probably won't be as good

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Movie was OK. Not as expected.

WTH is up with Darth Gollum? Really, Hell I would have preferred a hood over an unseen face before a Darth Gollum!

That was a bad idea imo.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I really enjoyed it - thought it was really a great homage and a good film in its own right.
It is essentially ANH remade but I get it, the nostalgia was strong in this one.
Had me pumped and almost teared up a couple of times, euphoria, emotion or whatever.
Wasn't perfect but waaaaay better than the sucky prequels and had some really funny stuff too.
Great cinematic experience and a very good Star Wars movie.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I've been holding off reading this thread until I'd seen the latest in 3 generations of Star Wars movies.

When I saw the original "Star Wars" at the cinema I was still in junior school and was totally blown away by it. The prequels seemed to have lost something when I caught up with them on DVD a decade or so ago. I just put that down to being an adult.

But I hardly noticed the two and a quarter hours go by watching this new film. I sat back and just enjoyed the ride. The action was fast and furious and a sense of humour has finally returned to the script writing.

Now I could be picky and point to unanswered questions like what actually is the point of a stormtrooper's armour. In thirty five years it still doesn't seem to protect against any kind of weapon. Has Chewbacca had a little work done? He looks younger now than he did back in 1977 and still never gets one subtitle when lesser characters do all the time! I also could have sworn Gary Neville was standing in the background with the resistance as they planned their attack on the latest planet buster belonging to the Empire (one day they'll build one without a weakness to small one man fighter/bombers).

It wasn't perfect but it was fun, and paid a great homage to the original trilogy, as it passed the baton from one generation to the next. It felt like the "Star Wars" I'd seen as a kid and to me that was the best thing about it.

edit on 23/12/15 by mirageman because: ETA

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Next Christmas isn't it?.
7th time for me today I get paid to go and watch movies with my guys
Many hidden clues...Han Solo is Reys Dad today I didn't take my eyes from solo when they had a scene and the looks he gives her and also when Han is with the funny little Barkeep she asks him "So who is the girl?" Solo leans in CUT scene.
Funny woman goes downstairs after Reys visions and says take the lightsaber, so Solo told her about rey.
Chewie also knows.
He gave her a look also....good acting all around.
Even a remote controlled robot BB-8 acted well lol.
edit on 23-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

2017 so 2 years from now

Strangely Han Solo is on the cast list, so I guess we'll see flashbacks of him ?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Next Christmas isn't it?.

May, 2017, little less than a year and a half. Second unit filming started already and primary begins in a few weeks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join