It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian destroyer fires warning shots at Turkish fishing boat on collision course in Aegean

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
6 pages of pointless arguing. What does it matter if it was a small ship a big ship or any ship. Even if it was 1 person on a jet ski in a Santa Claus costume and a Christmas tree strapped on back seat playing Christmas carols, it does not matter. Approaching a foreign military warship is dangerous, for all the captain cares you might have an explosive device strapped under your jet ski and he will ensure the safety of the personnel on board. End of story

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: 23432

Do you have a dog in this race ? Its seems to me from my lounge room that you do ....care to elaborate...?

Just throwing it out there one lounge room to another

Well , I live on Bosphorous and I am literally able to see the Russian sailors pointing missiles at my house .

Also there is the little issue of Occupied & Stolen Lands of my ancestors that Putin is currently exploiting .

Yeah , I would say that I have a big dog in this race ; I would love to see the Kremlin bullies defeated.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I Guess you have a personal issue you have to take up With Your government.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

I was waiting for that picture to come out and be used as leverage.

Yes it was provocative, but nothing was fired, so it was all hot air.

Who shot down the jet fighter again? Oh yes, it was TURKEY. You've only got yourselves to blame really - Russian planes were not targeting Turkey. Yes they were cheeky for going into your airspace, but shooting them down only poked the Russian bear.

Russians were killing innocent people NOT fighting against ISIS/DAESH . Besides when shot the planes nationality was unknown.

Russia is in Syria to ensure oil supplies to Europe is under their " protection " .

Now y'all trying to provoke Russia again by sending a 'fishing boat' on a collision course with a warship so you can claim Russian aggression.

Russians are trying to tell the Turks that if Bosphorous is closed then Aegean & Med seas will be closed to Turks . That is the real message of this stupid event , as if we didn't know what the Russian plans are .
There are 3 Nato warships anchored in the area , eagerly awaiting some stupid Russian move.

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for a nation that is acting so stupidly when there is a very serious war raging across it's border that Russia is actually trying to do the right thing in.

Russia is not out to please you . Russia doesn't care about your or DAESH . Only thing Russia cares about is to dominate the oil fields in Syria .
Turks have given ample warnings to Russian and anyone else that they would shoot ANY plane down. The jet in question was shot down to ensure no further border violations occurs .

You do know that a Turkish plane was shot down by Syrians last year and 2 pilots were killed .
No one is asking for any symphaty ; just have an open mind which is good for your own self.

And don't try and tell me they are not, because we all know which country is letting the ISIS oil through into to get to the world market.

For crying outloud , most oil in Syria comes out of Raqqa region which is under DAESH control . This oil has to go thru the PYD Kurds area to reach Turkmen of Syria .
If Turks were buying oil from DAESH , there would be a footage to show this transaction. 3 KM long line of trucks heading to Turkey , day after day , is not something the drones & satellites would have missed.
Turks buying oil from DAESH is a pathetic smear campaign .
A little investigation would reveal the truth about the situation ; biggest oil buyer from DAESH is a Syrian - Russian Passport holder who happens to be of a Greek Orthodox Christian.
Ask the US treasury ,they know who does what with oil .
Currently this oil is sold to 64 countries around the world via the middle man who is a Syrian - Russian Citizen.

edit on 14-12-2015 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

What are you on about ?

I have no idea what country you are from but if you are western nation citizen ; it is the Russian nukes pointing at your house too .

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Currently this oil is sold to 64 countries around the world via the middle man who is a Syrian - Russian Citizen.

You are using pritty specific number here. Syria midle man selling oil to 64 countires around the world. That should also leave som traks on the roads.

Do you or you Turkish government have any images that show the 3 to 4 km line up of trucks filled With oil going anywhere to prove Your case?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I think you'll find that Russia has provided plenty of satellite and recon imagery showing the long lines of parked or mobile takers heading from Syria into Turkey and back again. Are you saying it's all a fabrication?

As for the Syrian guy mentioned as being behind the smuggling, he was only brought up by the US AFTER Russia made the allegations about Turkey and presented it's evidence. Do you really think the guy is going to organize all those trucks to run oil through Turkey and nobody at the border is going to stop the trucks, and nobody in the Turkish Government has noticed?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

originally posted by: 23432
There was a mile distance between the ships and even of there was 500 meters between the ships , the Warship has no lawfull authorisation to use guns .

Wonder what you'd be saying IF the Russians had let that boat hit them?

Russia did you / Turkey a big favor and all you do is condemn them...what a way to show gratitude!

I certainly do as Russian ships are passing by my home with guns blazingly on show .

Mischaracterizing things again!

Oh, btw, I tried to check out international law on this; couldn't find anything about not using "guns", but, I have old eyes, and a bit of macular pucker, so maybe I just missed it...but, then again; the story said "small arms fire"...typically, small arms are not "guns". It may refer to a "Rifle", perhaps a "Carbine", or maybe some other "weapon", but, definitely NOT a "gun".

And the real stupidity / crime here is the Turkish crew thinking they can "press" a warship in such a manner...

I think the Russians should have stood there and watched the Turks make fools of themselves!

Turkish crew could have been some lame brained idiots but that doesn't change the fact that the Russian warship has opened fire on a fishboat.

Russia is playing the nationalism card to Russian audience as a way to save face .

Russians are already fuming about Putin's path and the revolt is in the kitchen of Kremlin already .

Putin has nothing to offer to the free world and Russia is like a lumbering giant trying to assert dominance over everyone else .

Putin is going to fail ; Russians are not that stupid .

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

What are you on about ?

I have no idea what country you are from but if you are western nation citizen ; it is the Russian nukes pointing at your house too .

Yes i know. I live in Norway.... we have boarders With Russia up North.

But that dosent matter if what we do is triggering a damn war does it? These nukes wont just be pointing on us.... they will land on us.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy

I think you'll find that Russia has provided plenty of satellite and recon imagery showing the long lines of parked or mobile takers heading from Syria into Turkey and back again. Are you saying it's all a fabrication?

Just think for a second ; it is alleges 10.000 barrels a day Turks are buying smuggled oil . OK , how does this oild gets transported and where is it being extracted ? The photos you see are just some parked trucks and the area in question has always had trucks . If one wants to prove the that Turks are buying oil then one has to ask the question ; how and when do Turks transpart this oil . If you calculate the amount a truck can carry then you'll see that such an operation is impossible to hide from drones & satellite.
Russia is showing the world some parked trucks not a convoy of oil tankers heading north to Turkey.
Not much to ask for a proof of such an allegation ; just show me the convoy of oil tankers between Syria - Turkey , travelling day after day .
It is all fabrication and some people believe it .
If this was true as alleged , Russians would be presenting the evidence for all world to see .
A convoy of oil trucks carrying this smuggled oil to Turkey day after day would have proven beyond doubt that the Turks are buying this oil .
There is no such evidence because it is not true .

As for the Syrian guy mentioned as being behind the smuggling, he was only brought up by the US AFTER Russia made the allegations about Turkey and presented it's evidence. Do you really think the guy is going to organize all those trucks to run oil through Turkey and nobody at the border is going to stop the trucks, and nobody in the Turkish Government has noticed?

The area us by and large Kurdish - Turks and they have truck which travels to Syria & Iraq . If you do a google search for beheaded Turkish Truck drivers in Iraq & Syria then you could see that DAESH has already beheaded Turkish Truck drivers .
Daesh is not friendly to Turks and oil of Syria mostly comes out of Raqqa . This oil has to go thru the PYD Kurdish areas to reach Turkmen of Syria and frm there the Kurdish Turks would have had to pick it up for onward transportation.
This is 10.000 barrels everyday being alleged . The evidence we need to is a convoy of oil tankers 3 km long , travelling back and forth between Syria & Turkey , day after day .

No one has seen such evidence because it doesn't exists .
It is easy to smear but difficult to prove and this is what Russians are doing ; smearing without proof .

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

What are you on about ?

But that dosent matter if what we do is triggering a damn war does it? These nukes wont just be pointing on us.... they will land on us.

So the Russian nukes are going to land on both of our houses ; yet you are backing the Russian version of " Truth " ?

Ok.

Each to his own I guess.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Also there is the little issue of Occupied & Stolen Lands of my ancestors that Putin is currently exploiting .

To my understanding that the ancestral region of the turks is Mongolia...thats very far from turkey. Thats gonna take alot of body bags to reclaim. Or are you referring to more recent, the ottoman empire??

historyworld.net...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
23432 I find it laughable reading you accusing the ruskies of stealing some ancestral lands when in fact turkey is currently on stolen lands. The most recent in history is half of thrace, Constantinople & northern cyprus...if your hands weren't dirty then you could talk. But unfortunately you cant. Its like hearing your president crying air space violations but its ok for turkey to constantly violate others waters & air space. Hypocritical, not having ago at you. Just making you realise...
edit on 14-12-2015 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

What are you on about ?

So the Russian nukes are going to land on both of our houses ; yet you are backing the Russian version of " Truth " ?

Ok.

Each to his own I guess.

I am not backing anyone. I have never said i support the Russians.

It really doesnt matter who we support. Because we are not directly a part of this game that is going on. What we will be directly a part of is what ever this game leads to.

It doesnt matter if you Support Turkey and the US allies, it doesnt make their actions more right..... If what they do will lead to you being targeted.
It doesnt matter if you blame Russia for all the crap they do. Because you have no say in the game that is being played. You are just a bystandard oberving the game.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MegaSpace

To my understanding that the ancestral region of the turks is Mongolia...thats very far from turkey.

To be honest going so far back is silly. May as well reorganise the world and everyone will be deported to somewhere else..

The OP is about a Turkish trawler that had strayed too close to a Russian warship and consequently being fired upon.

A comment I made earlier was whether the Russians would have take such action if the vessel had not been Turkish. If, say it was Greek? We don't know, but with relations so strained I suspect the "warning shots" had a degree of macho bluster to make the news. Which is what happened.

Russia the victim who is forced to fire warning shots because these pesky Turks are so unpredictable! One minute they are shooting down your planes and the next they are sailing passed your warships.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

A comment I made earlier was whether the Russians would have take such action if the vessel had not been Turkish. If, say it was Greek? We don't know, but with relations so strained I suspect the "warning shots" had a degree of macho bluster to make the news. Which is what happened.

Even if it were a Russian vessel & it never responded to the warnings, the ruskies would have fired upon it after warning it. Who's boat it was wasn't the issue here, but the none response is what made the ruskies uneasy imo.
edit on 14-12-2015 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
A small update. Apparently there has been another incident that happened no more than 24 Hours after the incident mentioned in the OP :

A Russian missile cruiser and a coast guard powerboat had to intervene after a merchant vessel flying the Turkish flag blocked a convoy transporting two drill platforms to a new location in Moscow's territorial waters.

Source

Regards

Seed

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This event has been blown out of proportions. On a side we have Russia showing how "they don't sink ships" and Turkey showing us how Russia is the aggressor.
Wherever this happened fortunately it didn't result in any casualty or damage or things would have escalated quickly.

While I don't subscribe to the opinion this was a provocation from Turkey, it's worth noting that this might give raise to additional tensions and baits. In a few words it's a non-incident, but not a good sign.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MegaSpace

To my understanding that the ancestral region of the turks is Mongolia...thats very far from turkey. Thats gonna take alot of body bags to reclaim. Or are you referring to more recent, the ottoman empire??

historyworld.net...

I am referring to Caucasia , Circassia to be more specific.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

The incident With the Fishing boadt was a private demonstrasion(done by a patriot). We will probable see more of these...in the future.

The boat was not acting on behalf of the Turkish government.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join