It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian destroyer fires warning shots at Turkish fishing boat on collision course in Aegean

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

We might as well roll over and die , is that it ?

Well, in the end that is what you will do anyway....if Your Sultan wanabee proceeds With current actions. You wont have to do a damn thing. You will have Your final and last war With Russia.

We the Circassians or the Caucasian of Caucasus have been fighting the Russian Emperialist for few hundred years and it seems finally Caucasia will become free & independent of Russian occupying forces .

In Your dreams, if you mean being dead is freedom. You have no idea what kind of.... whope ass... Russia will bring on you du you?

Russia have Turkey at bay With a force in Syria that is even smaller than what they usually do military training With. You have no idea what you are up against.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: 727Sky

So now the invincible Russian Navy is afraid of fishing boats?

Come on they are luckly they even got a ship to even float

Most Russian Frigates, Cruisers and Destroyers are very impressive in the shear power they can unleash.

Another alternative is that given the tensions between Turkey and Russia after the shoot-down of the Russian aircraft by Turkey, could have been an attempt from Turkey, to cause and incident and then claim how the Russians shoot at an unarmed "Fishing-Boat".

That is the typical Turkish-Islamic M.O., start crap then cry to the world foul, Just as in the peace boat to Gaza that was loaded with weapons and terrorist.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: 727Sky

So now the invincible Russian Navy is afraid of fishing boats?

Come on they are luckly they even got a ship to even float

Most Russian Frigates, Cruisers and Destroyers are very impressive in the shear power they can unleash.

Another alternative is that given the tensions between Turkey and Russia after the shoot-down of the Russian aircraft by Turkey, could have been an attempt from Turkey, to cause and incident and then claim how the Russians shoot at an unarmed "Fishing-Boat".

That is the typical Turkish-Islamic M.O., start crap then cry to the world foul, Just as in the peace boat to Gaza that was loaded with weapons and terrorist.

Most of them are in major disrepair in the black sea fleet. Turkey is more then capable of handling their fleets and really has no worries when it comes to the Russian navy unless they bring in ships from north sea. As for crying fowl seems like these reports are only coming out of the Russian media. They are busy trying to paint Turkey as an evil enemy out to get them. Russia is stoking the flames hoping to convince others of evil Turkey.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Turkey is ISIS!!!! Erdoğan said in a speech to everyone back in May that he wants the SAME thing that ISIS wants!!

A united Arab Caliphate but under the old Ottoman Empire once again to attack and destroy Israel. Once again the Turks plan to plaque the world.

Putin is fighting for the Christians while Obama and the Nazis in Germany and Europe support the same old Muslim Brotherhood in Turkey that Hitler started to unite the Arabs in his favor during WW2.

I think its funny how Turkey is trying to be friendly to Israel, Israel rightfully so pretty much gave them the middle finger politically.

Mess with Russia or Israel and Turkey will be the Ottoman glass parking lot.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Turkey is EVIL !!!! If you can not see they are directly supporting ISIS you have a screw loose. No army can function without supply. Turkey is the only place men and supplies can come from!!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Moscow is landlocked and has no territorial waters.

You mean Russia? Have you never seen a map?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge
Russia have 2 more alternatives, but it takes them twice and triple the time and effort for a trip that can be done in 4 days via black seas. Via Iran in 8 days and in the other side of Russia which they need 12 days trip.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Turkey is EVIL !!!! If you can not see they are directly supporting ISIS you have a screw loose. No army can function without supply. Turkey is the only place men and supplies can come from!!!!!

You mean besides Iraq Jordan and Lebanon not to mention shipping in which case opens up most of the middle east. Turkey buying oil through black market sales is a minor part of all the income for isis the biggest being assaad. As he buys oil and electricity from them.
edit on 12/14/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
Russia have 2 more alternatives, but it takes them twice and triple the time and effort for a trip that can be done in 4 days via black seas. Via Iran in 8 days and in the other side of Russia which they need 12 days trip.

Still cheapest to ship through straight of gibralter then over land route. Expect to see a lot of Russian ships traveling south.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

well I don't think the straits can be shut with such reasons, turkey tries to make Russians look like aggressor, be able to shut the straits, but in both incidents turkey looks like aggressor.

I haven't read in detail the Montreux treaty but I think they cannot shut them the way it is. They can only try to delay the Russian ships (checks, etc) and Russia is not stupid to violate the Montreux treaty. There must be facts and proofs and decision taken by many countries be able to do that, it's an international thing.

And allow me to use prophecies and prophecies are actual geopolitical plans of the past, not a paranormal thing, or devined, as most of these prophecies are technical, can be triggered with technical means. It is said that the straits will trigger the 3rd world war. So everybody actually expects world war and its sick to see the whole thing in the news today, countries use technical means to trigger world war/shut the straits. Basically the prophecies said, the war will begin from the top or from the btm in eastern eu/mideast. Top is fyrom, bulgaria, albania, etc and btm is syria, israel, etc and it will escalate into world war with the shut of the straits.

its a script/scenario under development.
edit on 14-12-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You mean Russia? Have you never seen a map?

Did I say Russia? Have you seen a map? Moscow is landlocked.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

well I don't think the straits can be shut with such reasons,

Under the Montreux Convention, Turkey can do what she likes, especially if at war, or threatened by war or belligerence. Historically, Turkey has closed the Straits to the transit of warships.

The Straits are a problem for Russia, because this is one card that the Russians cannot afford Turkey to play. It is Turkey's Ace of Spades and a guarantee that Russia will be kept in line.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

well I don't think the straits can be shut with such reasons,

Under the Montreux Convention, Turkey can do what she likes, especially if at war, or threatened by war or belligerence. Historically, Turkey has closed the Straits to the transit of warships.

The Straits are a problem for Russia, because this is one card that the Russians cannot afford Turkey to play. It is Turkey's Ace of Spades and a guarantee that Russia will be kept in line.

No they don't need a reason only have to feel threatened and they can put a stop to Russian ships. And with the sailors doing stupid things like aiming rocket launchers from the boat to post online id say they are being threatened. put in needs to reign in his navy that wasn't professional and in the US navy would have gotten that person court martialed.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Why do we always think ww2 tacktics when we think of someones attack capabilities?

Russia dont need a large fleet in the Black Sea, The ME or in the Caspian sea to attack Turkey.

Russia dont need to put ground forces on the ground to attack Turkey.

Today Russia can attack Turkey big time and on a very large scale from Russia.

There is a great difference today in someones capabilities "like Russia" to attack without doing a invation or having to attack by being very Close.

If People think that Russia would rely on its Black Sea fleet to take on Turkey....they sure must be out of their mind.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I don't think even Russia is foolish enough to attack Turkey, even without that little thing called (ahem) NATO who may not be happy!

The question is whether Turkey could close the Bosphorous Strait to Russian warships and shipping. They could do so. This would be both a major inconvenience to Russia's prosecution of military action in Syria, and an economic catastrophe for Russia. Closing the Strait would not be a military act per se, therefore not a act of war or a declaration of military intent. To escalate from a civil act to war would be on Russia's head.

War between Russia and Turkey won't happen. In a year they will be back in bed with one another.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Well, in the end that is what you will do anyway....if Your Sultan wanabee proceeds With current actions. You wont have to do a damn thing. You will have Your final and last war With Russia.

Sultan wannabe , eh ? As oppose to what ? Tsar wannabe ? You have no idea what Russian Hegemony is up against .
I take is that if Russia should ever invade your homeland and genocide your people ; you'll be OK with too .

In Your dreams, if you mean being dead is freedom. You have no idea what kind of.... whope ass... Russia will bring on you du you?

So in your estimation the Turks & their allies will do nothing to hit Russians back ?
Psst , I'll give you a secret ; we have nukes too .
Russia will bring on nothing but their own demise , no one is really THAT scared of Russian Bear in my neck of the woods .

Russia have Turkey at bay With a force in Syria that is even smaller than what they usually do military training With. You have no idea what you are up against.

Oh , ok might as well give up and surrounder to Russian hegemony in Syria , Turkia and Caucasia . When Russians invade Norway ; I take it that you are not going to resist and welcome them with open arms I suppose .
Well , each to his own but to not fight against an invader of your home is dishonourable & cowardly in my culture.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Turkey is ISIS!!!! Erdoğan said in a speech to everyone back in May that he wants the SAME thing that ISIS wants!!

Bollocks mate . Turks are the enemy of everything DAESH stands for and one look at an ordinary Turkish population would tell you the same thing .

A united Arab Caliphate but under the old Ottoman Empire once again to attack and destroy Israel. Once again the Turks plan to plaque the world.

Muslims united around the world is good for muslims and muslims have every right to be united . Nothing alsi is wrong with Turks getting stronger and claiming what is rightfully theirs.
Israel is not even an issue for most Turks .

Putin is fighting for the Christians while Obama and the Nazis in Germany and Europe support the same old Muslim Brotherhood in Turkey that Hitler started to unite the Arabs in his favor during WW2.

Putin is not fighting for Christians while his army is % 20 muslim , you better wake up .

I think its funny how Turkey is trying to be friendly to Israel, Israel rightfully so pretty much gave them the middle finger politically.

Where do you get your information ? Not Haaretz for sure !!!

Mess with Russia or Israel and Turkey will be the Ottoman glass parking lot.

Putin & Erdogan are the most disliked leaders in Israel . Again , where do you get your information from ?
Turks aren't needed for trouble in Israel; israel is doing a good job of creating problems for herself all the time , thanks to Bunyamin .

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I take is that if Russia should ever invade your homeland and genocide your people ; you'll be OK with too .

We in Norway know exactly what will happen if Russia attacks Norway. We just hope that the Russian government will be better than Ours.

Our government is not even interested in having a military that is capable of holding Russia back.

Our Government have agreements to flee to Canada in case a war should break out..... imagine that lol.

Our oil money is located of seas....

We are really screwed if Russia want to take a pice of us. We have no confidence in NATO. Because we know that NATO would probably have to fight their way to Reach Norway. So the question would probably be.... Are we Worth being saved?

Two years ago the US came and took all their military hardware out of Storage in Norway and relocted it to Africa.

So in your estimation the Turks & their allies will do nothing to hit Russians back ?

That Depends on who stikes first and where the confrontation takes Place. If Turkey provoke Russia to attack first. Turkey can't ask for NATO article 5. If Turkey attack Russia first Turkey cant run to NATO and ask for article 5.

You would have to pray to God that the US would save Your buts With what they already have in Your country. The US could very easy fly their jets and bombers to Iraq, if you bully Russia without a US concent. So Turkey should be were smart in how they conduct their busisness With Russia. Because you could be forced to do it all on Your own.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

We are really screwed if Russia want to take a pice of us. We have no confidence in NATO. Because we know that NATO would probably have to fight their way to Reach Norway. So the question would probably be.... Are we Worth being saved?

Well, as my father spend a reasonable portion of his career learning/teaching arctic warfare in Norway to the Royal Marines et al, I like to think Russia would not have a happy time trying to take over Norway. They could not afford the beer for a start!

Not that it would ever happen mind. Just like Russia rolling into Turkey won't happen. Even without NATO Turkey would not be a simple proposition and I would not bet on the outcome.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

there is a whole topic about it also an announcement from russia about the straits. The straits are not turkish, but international. It belonged to the legion of nations and legion of nations made it international waters. Turkish have only strict authority. link this link is the oficial answer from Russia to Turkey. link and this news link

As you can see the first article which is western alliance friendly is more polite, it says they dont own it, but because turkey is the good boy for america and brits, they gave them the right to control, but without any treaty... unofficial.. The other 2 links are more pro russian and its more str8 frwrd. We have both type of news websites in my country, west friendly and east friendly. They differ in the way they write down the news, but the news are the same.

we have fresh news, with another tensions in the straits, a turkish submarine went near the Russian protagonist ship.
link

a reply to: Ploutonas

thats why I said we have to wait a couple of days, as we can all see, the ships pass normally now, even with some tensions.
edit on 15-12-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join