It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian destroyer fires warning shots at Turkish fishing boat on collision course in Aegean

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76
a reply to: 23432

This thread is about Russians trying to save face with bullying attempts on the high seas .

Fancy shooting at an unarmed vessel in times of peace !!!

Another alternative is that given the tensions between Turkey and Russia after the shoot-down of the Russian aircraft by Turkey, could have been an attempt from Turkey, to cause and incident and then claim how the Russians shoot at an unarmed "Fishing-Boat".

So, a Turkish vessel coming towards a Russian warship and do not answering on calls and flares. It is interesting that only after the Russian ship shoot warning shots at 500 meters it changed course.

Regards

Seed

Turks are trying to de-escalate the situation because that is the " normal " thing to do .

Russians are playing with fire ; Kadirov shooting was a message to Putin ; We've got you from all angles already the message said .

Putin has no option but to escalate to a mainainable war of some sort where the oil prices are over 120 dollar a barrel .

Doesn't take a genius to find out why Putin needs war more then everyone else around him.

Btw , here is a map of Dardanelles ;

As one can see that the entrance to Dardanelles are Turkish Waters .

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I do not know why you mentioning Dardanelles while the incident mentioned by the article in OP happened elsewere :

The incident happened in the northern part of the Aegean Sea some 12 nautical miles from the Greek island of Lemnos, the ministry said.

Here is a map to help you locate the Greek Island "Lemnos". As you you can see no Turkish waters on northern part of Aegean.

Regards

Seed

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It sounds to me like a deliberate attempt to draw Russian fire on a 'fishing' vessel so that the Turks can run to NATO and cry 'security threat' and leverage them into engaging with Russia.

Mr Erdogan can not be trusted at all.
edit on 13-12-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I added seine vessel into translation to understand the type of boat you posted, but it gave me the translation of "gri gri" that is how we call them. And its not that, this is seine vessel for us : link

and in my family we have many seine vessel. The one the article posted as photos, is huge for Aegean seas. If you watch the photos from it, its 3 floors (bridge that is HUGE, a ground floor for the crew and btm floor/under). Normal seine vessel have only a small cabin for the captain and few beds under. Also a size of that seine vessel should have lots of fish wooden box's, but there is none...

So if this is a seine vessel, its for big seas, not for Aegean seas. Seine vessel for oceans, can be up to 80m.
edit on 13-12-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76

I do not know why you mentioning Dardanelles while the incident mentioned by the article in OP happened elsewere :

The incident happened in the northern part of the Aegean Sea some 12 nautical miles from the Greek island of Lemnos, the ministry said.

Here is a map to help you locate the Greek Island "Lemnos". As you you can see no Turkish waters on northern part of Aegean.

Regards

Seed

Dardanelles is where the boats came from and they were going back to .

I don't know whether you are reading what I post or not .

Clearly the island of Lemnos visible on the map I put up and I have been to Lemnos , Gokceada , Bozcaada triangle myself.

Thanks anyway for reminding me where to find Lemnos on a map that I posted .

We have the fishermen interview in papers and they say the whole incident is captured by cctv and that they have delivered it to authorities .

They also say that they were between the islands of Gokceada & Bozcaada while attacked .

So the Russian is lying again .

I have a question , do you know where the border is between Lemnos & Turklands ?

Just attempt to draw a line to east from Lemnos 12 nautical miles east bound .

This is just an attempt to say to Turks that the Russians will try to enforce the ridiculous claim of extending Greek border to 12 nautical miles in the Aegean while Turks only accept 6 nautical miles , for the obvious reasons .
There is no fishboat attack on Russians .

Russians attacked a Turkish vessel at Turkish waters .

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
It sounds to me like a deliberate attempt to draw Russian fire on a 'fishing' vessel so that the Turks can run to NATO and cry 'security threat' and leverage them into engaging with Russia.

Turkish boat in Turkish waters gets attacked by Russian war ship , that is it .

You need to learn about the Aegean border issue between Turks & Greeks .

I trust Erdogan over Putin anyday .

Erdogan is an elected politician and Putin is an ex-KGB agent with lots of skeletons in his closet .

I put my money on democracy all though it might be not a fully functioning one but still beats KGB hands down.

edit on 13-12-2015 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

I trust Erdogan over Putin anyday .

Erdogan is an elected politician and Putin is an ex-KGB agent with lots of skeletons in his closet .

what about the UN reports about the smuggling organs and disappearance of more than 18000 children from Syria into Turkey. We have articles about it, even UN statements about it. Take the link, also there is a video included with UN announcements. l ink

And that is one of the many examples I could bring up.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Turkish boat in Turkish waters gets attacked by Russian war ship , that is it .

After a provocation by a Turkish boat.

Was it not in Turkish water with Turkish permission? It was a set up by the boat to draw fire so the Turns can now cry Russian aggression in our own waters!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Believe the Russian ship was just sitting there. They weren't moving,the Turkish boat was going into them.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

yep the statement from our Hellenic Navy says that,

The event took place within the Greek continental shelf and search and rescue area. Please note that in the area (south of Lymnou) Russian Navy, with the approval of the Greek authorities of Greece, it has installed permanent anchorage.
link

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

They also say that they were between the islands of Gokceada & Bozcaada while attacked .

What are you really saing here?

That Russia opened small arms fire on the Turkish Fishing boat that sails about 15km within the Turkish sea boarder. The Fishing boat would have to be about 15km inside turkish sea boarder if the boat was sailing between the islands of Gokceada & Bozcaada.

Why dont you Draw some lines on a map to illustrate where exactly the the Russian missile destroyer was and where the Fishing boat was when Russia opened small arms fire on it?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

After a provocation by a Turkish boat.

Was it not in Turkish water with Turkish permission? It was a set up by the boat to draw fire so the Turns can now cry Russian aggression in our own waters!

We have the fishermen saying that they were never any closer then a mile to the warship.

In any case , in times of peace , the LAW says you may not use your guns to avoid collision .

If the Law didn't say that then the oil carrying tankers on the high roads would be within their rights to blast their guns at the supposed danger of other cars on the road.

These fishermen had cameras on the boat and the whole thing is on film .

I don't think Turks are provoking anything .

It is a simple case of one upman ship on the part of Russia .

Let's follow this to it's logical conclusion ;

Russians are saying to Turks that they could blockade Aegean and Mediterrenean to Turkish Ships .
That is the message Russians are giving to Turks with this provocative attack on an unarmed fishboat .
It is effing bordering on Piracy on seas .

Turks have already replied : " Russians shouldn't play with fire " .

I mean come on , few days ago I was sitting on my balcony and having breakfast and lo and behold this is the picture I get on my binoculars :

And the arsewipe is pointing at my uncles house .

That is what a provocation look like according to my way of thinking.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Yes we get it Turkey is perfect and can do no wrong

Smuggling ISIS oil
Murdering and jailing reporters
Illegally operating in Iraq
Constantly breaching Greece's airspace

Turkey is perfect

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Believe the Russian ship was just sitting there. They weren't moving,the Turkish boat was going into them.

Except that the sailor are saying they were never any closer then a mile and in fact they didn't even realise at the time that they were being attacked .

Russian ship was sitting in Turkish waters , waiting entrance to dardanelles and the fishing boat was in Turkish waters between the two Turkish islands in the area,fishing basicly .
Turkish boat wasn't going into or anywhere near them .

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Yes we get it Turkey is perfect and can do no wrong

Smuggling ISIS oil
Murdering and jailing reporters
Illegally operating in Iraq
Constantly breaching Greece's airspace

Turkey is perfect

On the contrary , Turkey is just a same corporate sh1tehole like the rest of the world .

Let's not make assumptions , eh ?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas

I added seine vessel into translation to understand the type of boat you posted, but it gave me the translation of "gri gri" that is how we call them. And its not that, this is seine vessel for us :

No disrespect mate, but you know nothing about trawlers. Let's lave it at that.

The one in the photo that you posted was not that large and it was trawler. The Russian defence website said it was a seine vessel. The "seine" is the type of rig and technique used in trawling. The Mediterranean is a reasonably large sea area.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

You didnt read the post and you didnt see the pictures in that post. Also you confuse mediteranean seas with Aegean seas. Especially a seine of that size, violating our waters to "fish?" The russian ship was in our waters according to our Navy statement, the turkish boat approached the russian ship at 600m and changed its course at 504m..

So according to these photos link NO WAY the Hellenic authorities would allow it to fish.

The sea we got here, is not Mediteranean, it is AEGEAN.

Aegean seas comes from Aigeas King in ancient years
Mediteranean seas (under Creta Island) is the middle earth that sunk along with Atlantis. The word alone (middle-MEDI, TERAIN - EARTH), do we have to teach you all these things in 2015!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

yep the statement from our Hellenic Navy says that,

The event took place within the Greek continental shelf and search and rescue area. Please note that in the area (south of Lymnou) Russian Navy, with the approval of the Greek authorities of Greece, it has installed permanent anchorage.

So basicly Aegean becomes close to Turks , eh ?

Every single time I want to go fishing in the Aegean , I need permission from the Greeks , eh ?

This is the kinda of childish thinking that got the Greeks where they are .

As I said before , your " continental shelf " reaches out to my swimming pool and I told all my guests not to pee on the Greek side .

Please be honest with the readers about your real wishes .

edit on 13-12-2015 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You didnt read the post and you didnt see the pictures in that post. Also you confuse mediteranean seas with Aegean seas. Especially a seine of that size, violating our waters to "fish?" The russian ship was in our waters according to our Navy statement, the turkish boat approached the russian ship at 600m and changed its course at 504m..

So according to these photos link NO WAY the Hellenic authorities would allow it to fish.

The sea we got here, is not Mediteranean, it is AEGEAN.

Aegean is not an exclusive Greek Sea .

You should stop posting these ignorant and false information.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You didnt read the post and you didnt see the pictures in that post. Also you confuse mediteranean seas with Aegean seas.

Oh, I did read your post and look at your pictures. Just because the locals use smaller trawlers in the Aegean does not mean that larger trawlers do not traverse the Aegean to get to wider Mediterranean. The yellow trawler in your originally posted photo is not that big, is a trawler and is yellow.

Whether the Turkish vessel was in Greek waters, or not, is irrelevant to the post. I am no expert in maritime law, but I guess civilian shipping is allowed to transit through other countries waters? Either way, it's an irrelevant point.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join