It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian destroyer fires warning shots at Turkish fishing boat on collision course in Aegean

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Thanks anyway for reminding me where to find Lemnos on a map that I posted .

Glad that was able to help you. In that way we can avoid misunderstandings about "Turkish" waters.

We have the fishermen interview in papers and they say the whole incident is captured by cctv and that they have delivered it to authorities .

They also say that they were between the islands of Gokceada & Bozcaada while attacked .

Ah yes. The famous "Fishermen" stories. Always on the right place at the right moment.

I have a question , do you know where the border is between Lemnos & Turklands ?

Just attempt to draw a line to east from Lemnos 12 nautical miles east bound .

The Greek - Turkey dispute in Aegean Sea, is irrelevant to the thread currently as the thread title is about the Russian ship firing warning shot at Turkish fishing boat on collision course.

There is no fishboat attack on Russians . Russians attacked a Turkish vessel at Turkish waters .

Nope. Russian ship fired warning shots to a Turkish vessel that was heading, towards the Russian ship and did not respond to calls and flares. The Turkish vessel changed course only after the warning shots at 500 meters distance from the Russian ship.

Regards

Seed

edit on 13-12-2015 by Seed76 because: Change few stuff as were offtopic

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This article says Russia sent up flares to warn the fishing boat off with no response, then they fired 'small arms" from the deck.

The Captain of the Turkish boat said he did not realize they had even been shot at until they saw videos. They didn't even realize it was a Russian boat. : )

The captain of the Turkish vessel told Dogan news agency he did not realise his boat had been shot at.

"We were not aware that they had fired shots at us," Muzaffer Gecici said. "We have video footage and we have handed this to the coastguard. We didn't even know it was a Russian ship."

So, aggressive or simply lame-brains? It just so happened they were videotaping their own boat as it approached an anchored Russian warship?

And according to this article, the Russian ship WAS indeed anchored.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
the course of the turkish trawler was not for the mediteranean!

Thats the problem.

its illegal for that size of fishing boats to fish wherever they want. Because of the Aegean ecosystem.

edit on 13-12-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
the course of the turkish trawler was not for the mediteranean!

Thats the problem.

its illegal for that size of fishing boats to fish wherever they want. Because of the Aegean ecosystem.

That is if the boat was Fishing?

It could have been going to port to dump its cargo, or refule and resupply???

There is also a radar log onbord the Fishing boat that will tell us how this boat really set its cource. But the odds of that happening is slim to non, Because this is Food for propaganda and accusations.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

It was fishing for sure, the point is what type of fishing it did.

Some articles state, its a modified inteligence boat. spy-boat.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

"The event took place within the Greek continental shelf and search and rescue area."

"Please note that in the area (south of Limnos) Russian Navy, with the approval of the Greek authorities of Greece, it has installed permanent anchorage."

That doesn't matter; Greece is claiming waters that do not belong to it according to the UN. The waters are not deep waters, they are considered part of the "continental shelf." I realize this is all very technical; the point is, as far as everyone but Greece is concerned, both ships were in international waters. And why not anchor in international waters if that is what you have been ordered to do, for whatever reason?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
we have only few articles about a new matter with russia and turks that is why I will avoid to post these articles here and for now. After what happened, turks dont allow russian ships to pass from the straits, but lets wait for a couple of days and more news, to have a clearer view.

A different warship tried to pass from the straits with code "810" and they didnt allowed it.

In my understanding, 2 months ago NATO chiefs wanted to find a way and block the straits for Russia. A couple of weeks ago Turkey caused the incident with the aircraft and now this. In the last both incidents, we have indications that turkey tries to find a way to shut the straits.

We also have this news... its interesting to review them all...

NATO asks to shut the straits at 12th of October

we all know what happened with the aircraft and the straits after...

and we have this news today : link

Its very clear that NATO trying to cause a shut in the straits and its a schedule/request months ago, turks act deliberately in Nato's favor.

Here is another link from 11th of October "NATO cooks a way to shut the straits

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76

Thanks anyway for reminding me where to find Lemnos on a map that I posted .

Glad that was able to help you. In that way we can avoid misunderstandings about "Turkish" waters.

We have the fishermen interview in papers and they say the whole incident is captured by cctv and that they have delivered it to authorities .

They also say that they were between the islands of Gokceada & Bozcaada while attacked .

Ah yes. The famous "Fishermen" stories. Always on the right place at the right moment.

I have a question , do you know where the border is between Lemnos & Turklands ?

Just attempt to draw a line to east from Lemnos 12 nautical miles east bound .

The Greek - Turkey dispute in Aegean Sea, is irrelevant to the thread currently as the thread title is about the Russian ship firing warning shot at Turkish fishing boat on collision course.

There is no fishboat attack on Russians . Russians attacked a Turkish vessel at Turkish waters .

Nope. Russian ship fired warning shots to a Turkish vessel that was heading, towards the Russian ship and did not respond to calls and flares. The Turkish vessel changed course only after the warning shots at 500 meters distance from the Russian ship.

Regards

Seed

There was a mile distance between the ships and even of there was 500 meters between the ships , the Warship has no lawfull authorisation to use guns .

Do you have dog in this fight ?

I certainly do as Russian ships are passing by my home with guns blazingly on show .

What makes this whole story an ironic tragedy is the fact that most likely that these fishermen are in fact Pontus Turks .

Maybe these fishermen were working for the Greeks , eh ?

You ignore the map I posted before you posted your map .

Do deny ignorance .

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
This article says Russia sent up flares to warn the fishing boat off with no response, then they fired 'small arms" from the deck.

The Captain of the Turkish boat said he did not realize they had even been shot at until they saw videos. They didn't even realize it was a Russian boat. : )

The captain of the Turkish vessel told Dogan news agency he did not realise his boat had been shot at.

"We were not aware that they had fired shots at us," Muzaffer Gecici said. "We have video footage and we have handed this to the coastguard. We didn't even know it was a Russian ship."

So, aggressive or simply lame-brains? It just so happened they were videotaping their own boat as it approached an anchored Russian warship?

And according to this article, the Russian ship WAS indeed anchored.

www.bbc.com...

Funny you should use the term lame-brains ; if these fishermen are from the blacksea coast , they might just be that : Lame-brains .

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

And the ## is pointing at my uncles house .

That is what a provocation look like according to my way of thinking.

I was waiting for that picture to come out and be used as leverage.

Yes it was provocative, but nothing was fired, so it was all hot air.

Who shot down the jet fighter again? Oh yes, it was TURKEY. You've only got yourselves to blame really - Russian planes were not targeting Turkey. Yes they were cheeky for going into your airspace, but shooting them down only poked the Russian bear.

Now y'all trying to provoke Russia again by sending a 'fishing boat' on a collision course with a warship so you can claim Russian aggression.

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for a nation that is acting so stupidly when there is a very serious war raging across it's border that Russia is actually trying to do the right thing in.

And don't try and tell me they are not, because we all know which country is letting the ISIS oil through into to get to the world market.
edit on 13-12-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

There was a mile distance between the ships and even of there was 500 meters between the ships , the Warship has no lawfull authorisation to use guns .

Wonder what you'd be saying IF the Russians had let that boat hit them?

Russia did you / Turkey a big favor and all you do is condemn them...what a way to show gratitude!

I certainly do as Russian ships are passing by my home with guns blazingly on show .

Mischaracterizing things again!

Oh, btw, I tried to check out international law on this; couldn't find anything about not using "guns", but, I have old eyes, and a bit of macular pucker, so maybe I just missed it...but, then again; the story said "small arms fire"...typically, small arms are not "guns". It may refer to a "Rifle", perhaps a "Carbine", or maybe some other "weapon", but, definitely NOT a "gun".

And the real stupidity / crime here is the Turkish crew thinking they can "press" a warship in such a manner...

I think the Russians should have stood there and watched the Turks make fools of themselves!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

And the ## is pointing at my uncles house .

That is what a provocation look like according to my way of thinking.

I was waiting for that picture to come out and be used as leverage.

Yes it was provocative, but nothing was fired, so it was all hot air.

Who shot down the jet fighter again? Oh yes, it was TURKEY. You've only got yourselves to blame really - Russian planes were not targeting Turkey. Yes they were cheeky for going into your airspace, but shooting them down only poked the Russian bear.

Now y'all trying to provoke Russia again by sending a 'fishing boat' on a collision course with a warship so you can claim Russian aggression.

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for a nation that is acting so stupidly when there is a very serious war raging across it's border that Russia is actually trying to do the right thing in.

And don't try and tell me they are not, because we all know which country is letting the ISIS oil through into to get to the world market.

Where you aware that one of ISIS’s most important financial resources is selling electricity and gas to Assad regime through ISIS controlled dams like Teshreen, Al Ba’eth and Euphrates dams, in addition to Tweenan gas field that is also under the league’s control and through deals made with Assad sell him oil as well. Then there is the produce sales through Iraq to Iran they exports fruits, vegetables, cereals and grains, clothes and fabrics to Al Mousel and from there it is shipped into Iran. Then we also have the taxes they impose on Syrians through trade offices they opened not to mention they provide electricity and phone service. Charging them 1500 liras for electricity and 400 for a phone.

Also charge for Internet service in fact you might be surprised to know that the entire city of raqqa has wi fi not even Western cities can make that claim. They charge so 25 megabytes are equal to 100 Syrian Liras.Them of course they make huge money on hostage taking illegal arms sales and drug trafficking both prescription and recreational. Oil is a small part of their income when they take over an area they become in control of every aspect from govt employees to fines to regulating even stores of course there requires to pay fees. Your silly of you think the oil flowing to Turkey keeps there operation a running. And as I said Assad by far is their biggest benefactor something I'm sure Russia wasn't aware of at first.
edit on 12/13/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Back when i was in the navy we had a russian ship come up between the magnetic sweep gear we were streaming from the mine sweep i was on.

We lit him up with 460 volts and 6000 amps across the electrodes of the sweep tail that were on each side of him.

This will cause the ships generators and electronics to act funny and the compass to spin.

And in some cases for the deck to be charged on steel hulled ships like this Russian ship.

in the case of this russian warship if they were at anchored they should have been flying there countries flag from the stern.
if underway its flown from the mast.
www.otenmaritime.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Might have something to do with this:

pbs.twimg.com...

www.rt.com...

www.rt.com/news/324956-russia-turkey-relations-manpad/

Turkish social media have been circulating images claiming to show a Russian serviceman on a naval vessel passing by Istanbul holding what appears to be a rocket launcher. Ankara has slammed the reported incident as a “provocation”.
It is claimed to have taken place in the Bosporus with photos beginning to emerge online last Friday. They purportedly show a large Russian landing ship – the Caesar Kunikov – sailing by the Turkish city en route from the Black Sea to the Sea of Marmara.

Turkey’s Foreign Ministry has summoned the Russian ambassador over the reported incident, a Turkish official told Reuters.

“For a Russian soldier to display a rocket launcher or something similar while passing on a Russian warship is a provocation,” Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu told reporters Sunday.

Don't wanna be caught snoozing, I guess.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

I think the Turkish crew were probably sleeping my guess is it was night if the captain didn't even realize the Russians were there. As for the Russian actions they are working there rights to fire a warning shot according to international law. Why they would use small arms though not sure you get there attention with a big one and only allowed to fire once. But I guess depending on the situation sounds like they were wit in their rights to do so.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Do you have a dog in this race ? Its seems to me from my lounge room that you do ....care to elaborate...?

Just throwing it out there one lounge room to another

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: PrinceDreamer

I don't think the Russians are the bad guys here. When all this is done and dusted, Putin would have won a massive propaganda coup . The West know what they have been up to is questionable ,they have destabilised a lot of countries, cost a lot of lives. For what? just to create power vacuums that extremist will fill.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

All of that may well be true, but it does not have anything to do with Turkey's involvement in the oil trafficking.

And besides, Assad has no choice but to buy electricity from his own countries' power plants. The grid would have been set up in peace time with no thought of what would happen if a hostile power took control of them.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

In earlier posts you said it was not a trawler, but an intel vessel. No you seem sure it was a trawler. Why are you so sure it was actually working at that point in time? Trawlers spend most of their time getting to and from the fishing grounds.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

In earlier posts you said it was not a trawler, but an intel vessel. No you seem sure it was a trawler. Why are you so sure it was actually working at that point in time? Trawlers spend most of their time getting to and from the fishing grounds.

He's saying it was fishing, but maybe not for fish...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join