It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shame on you

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Nova Scotia is New Scotland, I believe.

Intrepid?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

lets not talk about that dam bridge, how could you let that happen!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Disliking an individual because of their political views is not in anyway the same as being bigoted against a whole group of people based on nothing more than their race, religion, sexuality or nationality,

How can you fail to understand this?

If you can prove he's bigoted against whole groups of people for those reasons, you may have a point. But until then...

Your right that I don't know he is a bigot, I just know he says bigoted things and proposes bigoted policies. It could all be an act to appeal to the lowest common denominator in the republican base and he is actually a nice reasonable tolerant person.

So he is either a bigot our a lying opportunist? Still don't have to like him.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I did know that, my Latin isn't really that bad (although my old classics teacher may have disagreed)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I took my eye off the ball, it's true. It's that man's damn hair, it's beguiling.

I'm sure you'll handle the january situation very well.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Your right that I don't know he is a bigot, I just know he says bigoted things and proposes bigoted policies. It could all be an act to appeal to the lowest common denominator in the republican base and he is actually a nice reasonable tolerant person.

Agreed. I frankly despise the man, but I cannot in good conscience seek to have him banned in my country because I don't like him or find his views repulsive. That's my only issue. I'm not saying you have to like him.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Agreed. I frankly despise the man, but I cannot in good conscience seek to have him banned in my country because I don't like him or find his views repulsive. That's my only issue. I'm not saying you have to like him.

I assume you post form the US (apologies if wrong) in which case you are stuck with him. Other countries are under no obligation to to let him in.

I don't actually agree with banning him from entry to the UK (although people have arguably been denied entry for less) however I think that institutions are both entitled and entirely correct to remove any recognition of or association with him him.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Baggsy taggsy April when the weather gets a bit nicer.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Na i want him banned, like i said, would be just amazing after he builds that golf course to ban him entering the UK to use it!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Na i want him banned, like i said, would be just amazing after he builds that golf course to ban him entering the UK to use it!

Can Trump play Golf? surely he mocks people with a handicap.

( I know a little un PC but I couldn't resist the opportunity)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

That should be fine, I would think. Usually a quiet month to be the voice of Scotland. Unless it snows. Uuurgh. Maybe aim for May.

Edit: Golf. Handicap. Pffft, tee hee.
I'm off to my bigoty bed, I'm so tired that was far too funny.

edit on 11-12-2015 by beansidhe because: eta

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

That should be fine, I would think. Usually a quiet month to be the voice of Scotland. Unless it snows. Uuurgh. Maybe aim for May.

Lets be honest, snowing is the weather getting better.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

But Trump wants to ban an entire religion and Mexicans from entering the US....but when another country wants to do the same thing to him...it's crybaby time. See your disconnect?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

But Trump wants to ban an entire religion and Mexicans from entering the US....but when another country wants to do the same thing to him...it's crybaby time. See your disconnect?

No, but I see yours. He wants to ban illegal immigrants from Mexico. Illegal as in not legal. He wants to ban Muslims not because of their religion, but because of the threat of terrorism, not because he is racist or bigoted as you assume.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

No, but I see yours. He wants to ban illegal immigrants from Mexico. Illegal as in not legal. He wants to ban Muslims not because of their religion, but because of the threat of terrorism, not because he is racist or bigoted as you assume.

But banning all Muslims because of the action of a few extremist is bigoted. The majority of "terrorist" actions in the US have been conducted by White Christians, Should Christian immigration be banned because of this?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

But banning all Muslims because of the action of a few extremist is bigoted. The majority of "terrorist" actions in the US have been conducted by White Christians, Should Christian immigration be banned because of this?

You haven't seen the unsuccessful terrorist attempts, which are overwhelmingly elements of Islam.

I don't agree with it, but that's not bigoted. To him its a security threat. If it was Buddhists coming into the country blowing things up and making political attacks, he'd do the same with Buddhists, just like what occurred with Nazis and communists.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Nova Scotia is New Scotland, I believe.

Intrepid?

Yup. I even knew an old couple in the 70's that still spoke Gaelic. NS is an amalgam of Irish, Scot, English, French and Newf.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You haven't seen the unsuccessful terrorist attempts, which are overwhelmingly elements of Islam.

I don't agree with it, but that's not bigoted. To him its a security threat. If it was Buddhists coming into the country blowing things up and making political attacks, he'd do the same with Buddhists, just like what occurred with Nazis and communists.

The majority of all hand gun crime in the US is committed by by Blacks, Should blacks be banned from owning hand guns.

The majority of mass shootings are carried by white males under 35, should we lock them all up as a precaution?

Attacks on family planning clinics are over overwhelmingly carried out by right wing Christians. Well I am sure you get the point.

Applying discriminatory rules to people based on the actions of a minority is bigotry.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The majority of all hand gun crime in the US is committed by by Blacks, Should blacks be banned from owning hand guns.

The majority of mass shootings are carried by white males under 35, should we lock them all up as a precaution?

Attacks on family planning clinics are over overwhelmingly carried out by right wing Christians. Well I am sure you get the point.

Applying discriminatory rules to people based on the actions of a minority is bigotry.

bigotry |ˈbigətrē|
noun
intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself: the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry.
ORIGIN late 17th cent.: from bigot, reinforced by French bigoterie .

You're categorizing according to skin color. That's not how the system works. Law-abiding citizens are allowed guns. Criminals are not, regardless of skin color. Legal people are allowed into the country, illegal people are not, regardless of skin color. Those who pose no threat are allowed in the country, those who pose a threat are not.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

How do all Muslims pose a threat?

Generalising that all Muslims are likely terrorists based on their religion is as bigoted as saying that all blacks are likely criminals based on skin colour.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join