It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shame on you

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

How do all Muslims pose a threat?

Generalising that all Muslims are likely terrorists based on their religion is as bigoted as saying that all blacks are likely criminals based on skin colour.

Not the same at all. People aren't born Muslim. There is something called Islamic terrorism creating havoc throughout the world. No I don't think it is the religious aspect of Islam that has anything to do with it. It's the political aspect of Islam that is the cause.

Do you think Muslim countries would accept Americans or Scots with open arms as you would them?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You Scots are so opposed to bigotry, and intolerant of intolerance, that you'd ban Trump for doing what he's done. So what say you about homosexuality in Islam?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
For most people religion is effectively decided at birth as the majority of people have the religion of their parents or culture they are born into.
Since religion isn't identifiable except by self admission what trump is actually proposing is a ban on people who seem muslim. Wrong colour, wrong name, wrong place of birth. It isn't just bigotry it is incoherent bigotry.
As for other countries do you know how many countries are predominantly muslim? Funnily enough they have lots of different immigration policies (almost like Muslims aren't just a homogeneous mass).

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
You Scots are so opposed to bigotry, and intolerant of intolerance, that you'd ban Trump for doing what he's done. So what say you about homosexuality in Islam?

Homosexuality and gay marriage are legal in Scotland. We have a pretty good record in recent years on gay rights.
The UK has previously banned individuals from entering due to extreme homophobic rhetoric.
Individuals in Scotland of course free to have their own views regardless of what religion they are.
So what exactly is your point?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Do you think Muslim countries would accept Americans or Scots with open arms as you would them?

I'm pretty sure Thailand and Indonesia welcome Americans and Scots with open arms...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

That leap would require all the Big Bang Theory guys and Hawking. Basically, WTF is the point other than to argue?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Ummm...Totally off topic:...Please...Please go back to using your old Avatar...I just can't handle that one...

On Topic:...From one displaced Albannach to my ancestral brothers and sisters...it is kind of petty...I bet you won't be all boycotting working at any of Trumps properties...and taking his money...or the local communities giving up the economic benefits his properties bring in...I mean really...if your going to do the man dirty...why not go all the way...
Has the Spirit of William Wallace really died out so much over there...?
Cause FREEEEEEDDDDOOOOOOOOOOMMM...includes the right to speak ones mind without being crucified for it...

I'll tell you what...why don't you all petition the Obama Administration to send all the moratorium muslims and "refugees" to Scotland....More to the point...to your street address...Cause I just know your going to all open up your homes so that these fine upstanding citizens of the world can find comfort...sharing your comforters...You could all play..."They all rolled over and one fell out"
Ummmmm...cozy...

Didn't think so...

Oh...thank you Cranial..I apologize for hijacking your post...AAAnd...I realize you hail from "the great white north"...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I thought the point was the bigotry. This is why you're (not you personally) are trying to ban trump. In Islam homosexuality is a sin, punishable by death in some place, illegal in other. That's true bigotry, to the core. The question is, why can we not hold the same standards to other people?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

But this isn't business law. It's foreign policy. Those are two very different things. (asdfadgadadfacountryisnotastoreasdfadfad)

Oh yes, I agree that racism is wrong. But no, I do not think that Scotland has been fair to Trump. I am half-Mexican. I'm not offended by a thing he's said. He didn't call all Mexicans anything. He pointed out the fact that there are some bad apples coming over here--which is true. Not all of them are--but some ARE. That's all he said. If you believe the media about what he says (versus listening to him with an open mind and then thinking about what was said) then I understand why you're making the arguments you're making.

And the fact is, Trump isn't in charge. So he didn't not allow anyone. All he said was a hypothetical, essentially.

You penalize hypothetical "racism" over there?! now THAT'S scary.

AND he's not a Scottish citizen--so your law really doesn't matter jack to him!

If a university decided to give a non-Scottish citizen an honorary degree, then that's their problem. Don't take away the degree--fix your policy and learn from the mistake (if that's what you choose to see it as). Now THAT would be a good solution, you know? Maybe write a sorrowful letter to him about regretting giving him the degree (and publicly publish it to shame him, even). Wouldn't THAT show him that Scotland doesn't take crap?

On a side-note, since I mentioned hypotheticals, what if the conspiracies are right and he's just a plant for Bill Clinton? Is it really right to call him a racist?

Y'know?

Just putting that out there.
edit on 11-12-2015 by rukia because:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

You're correct.

But Americans and Scots aren't coming there to terrorize those countries/posing a potential deadly threat. They just go there as tourists, mostly, I would imagine. It's understandable to be cautious. Not being cautious will cost many lives. That's a fact. It's touch and go.

a reply to: YouSir

Nooooo I love it though!!! It's so disturbing that it's endearing!

edit on 11-12-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: rukia

Shame on you Scotland

Na we're scottish we dinny take crap like that have fun living in a country run by a racist

Hah, you're referring to the current president of course right??

When was it that the last person with a pair of bollocks left Scotland? Is there a statue and plaque with a date?

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

What can you expect from a bunch of people who voted to NOT rule over themselves?

The true sign of a nation with no spine left, and no opinion thats not fed to them by the state.

William Wallace would be very disappointed

We do rule over ourselves, we belong to the state of the United Kingdom and the nation of Scotland, actually our last PM was scottish so yeah....

Honestly dude not a rabbit hole you want to start crawling down

Oh really? And what happened to all that bullshi+ Cameron promised you in super-devolution after the referendum?

Ooohhhhh, that's right, they lied to you guys and you all fell for it, hahahaha.

It truly is a shame how many Scots have suffered and died over the last few centuries just for the country to now be populated by spineless jellyfish hyperliberals.

Why don't you go have a walk around Oldham wearing a union flag jacket???

Oh wait, I forgot it's RACIST to wear your national flag in the UK these days.
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

edit on 12-12-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
merged post
edit on 12-12-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Yay! Shame on me!!!

You are trying to tell people to stop talking about Trump by talking about Trump. Yes i'm sick of hearing about him but it doesn't help when people keep talking about him.

To quote Lisa Simpson and Paul Anka "just don't look."

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

In many parts of the world "Racisim" covers more the just the colour of your skin, it has a more developed definition to encompass ones ethnicity, religion, nationally its almost about personal identity as much as it is about something as trivial as skin pigmentation. Now i can tell that this more mature view is still to jump over the pond but please do not try to talk down to us form a position of ignorance its really quite embarrassing.

How the heck do you guys define racism to include intolerance against religion? lol The very root of the word racism, is race, which has everything to do with skin color, physical traits and phenotype. That is why we have words like Islamophobia to describe people prejudice against Islam, we don't call it racism since it has nothing to do with race. You guys really need to increase your vocabulary, I suspect you guys have been conditioned by what George Orwell called Newspeak.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Na we're scottish we dinny take crap like that.

He's says Scots don't take no crap, yet they live under British rule.

I realized the other day how extraordinary America is. I watched the new Prime Minister of Canada take his oath of office and nearly choked when he gave his allegiance to "The Queen".

When I looked it up. Canada, Australia, New Zealand are basically still a part of England, as a part of the British Commonwealth. Nearly every nation Britain colonized is still a part of this Commonwealth.

America is truly exceptional, because America doesn't take that crap. We burned those leeches off in 1776.

Until you Scots get your heads out of the Queen butt, then you can truly say you don't take no crap. Until then, taking away an honorary degree from a citizen of the freest nation on earth is about all you can do.
edit on 12-12-2015 by KesleyJ because: Added reply.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You are The Voice of Reason.

The majority of the Scottish members here want to ban Trump for his views of wanting to temporarily ban Muslims for their views.

rotfl

All the while denying that the Muslims that they accept into their country are even More intolerant and bigoted than Trump!!!

lmbo

Many articles write that Islam is incompatible with Western Civilization.

Westerners believe in Freedom of Speech, Islam does not.
Westerners believe in the Rights of Women, Islam does not.
Westerners believe in Freedom of Religion, Islam does not. In Muslim countries most people are Muslim, because of the intolerance of other views.
Westerners believe in Democracy, Muslim take their orders from their Imam and they do not get to vote for him.
Westerners tolerate views different from their own, Islam encourages violence against the Infidels who are not like them.
Westerners believe in the rights of Homosexuals to be Homosexual, Islam does not.
Westerners attempt to live in peace with people, Islam is to be forced on to every man, woman and child even to death.
Westerners abolished slavery hundreds of years ago, Muslims still practice slavery today, e.g. Boko Haram and others not widely known.

Unreal. Your government is literally complicit in the destruction of your country. You idiots. lmbo.

www.frontpagemag.com...
www.bnp.org.uk...’s-muslim-no-go-area
chersonandmolschky.com...
toprightnews.com...
edit on 12-12-2015 by KesleyJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: KesleyJ
Scots aren't rulled by the British, we are British. The referendum was on leaving the United Kingdom of which we are member not a colony.
Do you realise who the BNP whose site you linked to are?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Sorry a mere mix of words. You are ruled by the English.

Nonetheless, Scotland is no longer a sovereign nation. Your Sovereignty was lost around the same time America won theirs.

Kudos.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KesleyJ
No we are rulled by Westminster which iselected from throughout the UK. Just like your states are all part of the USA. Some Texans would like independence, doesn't mean that Texas is rulled by any other state.
Would you like to comment on your link to the BNP site?

edit on 12-12-2015 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: KesleyJ

Sorry a mere mix of words. You are ruled by the English.

Nonetheless, Scotland is no longer a sovereign nation. Your Sovereignty was lost around the same time America won theirs.

Kudos.

I have until now tried to stay out of this emmbaresment of a thread.

As an Englishman I have been perfectly happy to watch and laugh as my Scotish brethren take the lead in something that does not even really warrant discussion.

Given that you have provided a link to the BNP and seem to have no real understanding of UK politics it might be better for you to refrain from comment until you have a better understanding of the subject you are discussing.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join