It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shame on you

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Donald Trump: 'UK Politicians Should Be Thanking Me'
Shame on you Scotland--and shame on everyone who has been hating on Trump for the last few days. It's pathetic. Taking away someone's honorary degree because of stupid rhetoric. To the people who actually signed those petitions: boy, what a lack of class. Trump invested money that has benefited Scotland--that's undeniable. I think it's really funny that these people 'hate' what Trump says because they think it's hateful--and then they respond by being hateful, themselves. It's the pot calling the kettle black--but they think it's acceptable because he's in the public eye. Well, guess what--it's still not a very nice thing to do. Trump is right on a lot of points--sure, he's loud and brash--but he'd have a cabinet if he was the President. It's not like whatever he says automatically goes. And he isn't even running for anything in Scotland! People are such whiners. It's so melodramatic. If you really don't like him then stop talking about him. Because all that haters are are FANS. *drops mic*

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Shame on you Scotland

Na we're scottish we dinny take crap like that have fun living in a country run by a racist

From the people of Scotland to Donald Trump.

Also OP, please change your title to "Shame on you Scotland" just so the rest of my fellow countrymen on ATS can wade in on this.
edit on 11-12-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

He's running for President. The Iowa Caucus hasn't even happened yet. For the love of politics, why jump to conclusions?
It's Scotland that's giving the crap. Trump is just running for president. He isn't a racist. And calling him one demeans the ACTUAL problem of racism that exists in the world. You know, in the UK there are a lot more hate crimes against Muslims than here--so maybe you should stop taking that crap if you really hate it so much. So really, all Scotland is doing is being counter-productive. Maybe you're too close to the situation to see it for what it really is. The analogy of the three towns and the broken dam. Stop involving yourself in U.S. politics if it troubles you so much. You don't even live here. It doesn't concern you. Therefore it is wrong to take away his degree. He didn't do anything to Scotland. And taking away a degree means jack. You don't take crap so you take away a pointless and meaningless degree? Really? That's what you call not taking crap? Wow. What weak game. Sounds to me like Scotland doesn't have much integrity.

And no. This thread is shame on everyone who hates on him. Scotland is just in the news at the moment. This isn't a thread about Scotland.
edit on 11-12-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What can you expect from a bunch of people who voted to NOT rule over themselves?

The true sign of a nation with no spine left, and no opinion thats not fed to them by the state.

William Wallace would be very disappointed

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

I concur.

It lacks honor.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Actually his comments under Scottish law are racist.

So yeah he's racist according to the law of my land and as such is undeserving of honorary awards and so on.

Thanks for the dosh though Donald

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

What can you expect from a bunch of people who voted to NOT rule over themselves?

The true sign of a nation with no spine left, and no opinion thats not fed to them by the state.

William Wallace would be very disappointed

We do rule over ourselves, we belong to the state of the United Kingdom and the nation of Scotland, actually our last PM was scottish so yeah....

Honestly dude not a rabbit hole you want to start crawling down

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Well then, your laws undermine the actual problem of racism. He's guilty of free speech. That's about it. Racism as defined by your dominant culture? What a laugh!!! Don't you see the problem with that?

And I hope they're going to be giving him back all of the money he invested, since you don't want his money now right?

Is Trump a citizen of Scotland? If not, then taking the degree is unlawful. He's not subject to your laws. So then on what basis did they take the degree away?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

Well then, your laws undermine the actual problem of racism. He's guilty of free speech. That's about it. Racism as defined by your dominant culture? What a laugh!!! Don't you see the problem with that?

And I hope they're going to be giving him back all of the money he invested, since you don't want his money now right?

who are you to say how we should and should not conduct ourselves?

In many parts of the world "Racisim" covers more the just the colour of your skin, it has a more developed definition to encompass ones ethnicity, religion, nationally its almost about personal identity as much as it is about something as trivial as skin pigmentation. Now i can tell that this more mature view is still to jump over the pond but please do not try to talk down to us form a position of ignorance its really quite embarrassing.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You have no idea how much I DO want to go down that rabbit hole.

I've never understood why you lot voted "No"

How did you go from "FREEEEDDDDOOOOOMMMMM" to "He's a mean man, take away his piece of paper, that will show him"

Probably a discussion for a different thread though.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Who are you to say how Trump should conduct himself?
But you sure should give that money back if you're going to take his degree--you're too good for that money, right?!
Ohhh so you'll keep his money but take his paper. Wowww. Yeah, you sure showed him a thing or two!

I'm not telling you what to do--I'm telling you facts. I think you're ignorant of them. I know what racism means. You didn't answer me, though. You said that there's a definition of racism that has been made by the dominant culture--don't you see the problem with that?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So why not diss Jimmy Carter while you're at it. After all, he suspended Iranian immigration during the Iranian hostage crisis.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Dude,

at the end of the day to pretty much the whole of Scotland trump is what we in a much more civilised part of the world would call a "baw-bag".

That is why we have turned our backs on him, because to use he is a racist and we don't really like racism and religious intolerance unless its at a football match.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

But...you respond with hatred. That makes you just as bad. If you're going to turn your back on something, that's fine and I respect that. But then walk the walk if you talk the talk. Taking his degree is petty. That's the truth.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

But...you respond with hatred. That makes you just as bad.

where is the hate?

do i hate racists, yeah i guess i do and in my view Donald is a racist

am i being hateful on this thread, no if anything i am trying to treat this with some typical Scottish humour.

PS: I really think you should change your title, not telling you what to do just aggressively suggesting

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

oh no no I don't think you are being hateful at all!

I am talking about the hateful way that Scotland has responded to him. I hate racism, too. It's wrong. And it's not tolerable. But what Trump is isn't a racist. He's a politician. And a loud one, at that. But he's guilty of free speech--not racism. He didn't commit some hate crime. Yeah, he's not the best with words, but his meaning wasn't racist.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
At the end of the day I think it's a petty move, but one they have every right to make.

You only give this action power by acting like it makes any difference at all to anyone other than the Scottish people themselves.

If it makes them feel better because they don't like Trump and want to "stick it to him" then fine.

They don't get to vote in the election, which is the literal equivalent of their opinion not mattering at all.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

But what Trump is isn't a racist.

In Scotland its racist

If I worked in a shop and said i was going to ban all Muslims from entering the shop i would be committing a race crime under Scottish law.

I hate racism, too. It's wrong

So you agree Racism is wrong and I am telling you that under Scottish law what trump said is Racist. Perhaps now you see why we were so hard on him.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I agree it is way over the top to take his degree like that. It is petty.

I don't agree with Donald about much he says, especially to do with Muslims, but this is totally out of order. He is only speaking his own mind an his concerns, and they are the concerns of many Americans.

They tried to get Germaine Greer banned from speaking in universities in UK because she had alternative views on transgender males to females. She has been one of the pioneers of modern feminism, too.

It is a cowardly tactic.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

At the end of the day I think it's a petty move, but one they have every right to make.

Kind of like when a bunch of US citizens decided to boycott french fries and french wine when France chose to not join in on the Iraqi war back in the early 2000's ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join