It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama On San Bernardino Shooting: 'We Have A Pattern Now Of Mass Shootings'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

What's been insulting has been the last seven years of Obama pushing the same AGENDA.

Gun control. After every attempt has failed.

Even after using every single shooting that has happened.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

What's even better is people are totally ignoring the reports that these men were wearing full body armor and operating like trained people

What do you bet gun control would have made no damn difference?

And yet here he is already spouting his bs

America is getting tired of this and the left acting like a bunch of damn over sensitive cry babieswitg need for safe spaces half the time and the other half trying to push their crap down our throats

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The big question should be;

How is this going to be spun for maximum political benefit?

Politicians don't care about lives. They care about votes and tax dollars.

Interesting you should ask that. Obama can't run again. I have the ODD idea he is attempting to run a country. Maybe I am just nuts.

Unless he joins SWAT, he can't really do anything. I would be considered an idiot if I started surmising why things were done before all the facts were in, yet Obama gets a pass?

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: neo96

Yup keep pushing your agenda on the dead bodies while saying people shouldn't do it!

What agenda is that ?

Thinking constitutional rights are not subject to the whims of the mob.

link   

And the point is what ?

People aren't psychic, and people aren't criminals until they do something.

But some people believe the government is psychic and will fix all of these ills for us, if just we add one more law.

Also, violating the 4th Amendment to exercise the 2nd Amendment because the notion of "precrime" is acceptable to them.

Even then going around shooting other people is against the law.

If we just add one more law...Or take away "shoulder things that go up" and other nonsense we can make it all stop. Also if we ban any right wing sentiment at all we can make the crazies go away! because we all know right wingers are the only ones who are prone to violence. It's not a human condition or anything.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gps777

Yeah I watched the vid of Obama speaking about this latest event as it was unfolding and I was disgusted by it.

He must know there is zero chance of removing guns from the hands of these nut jobs which would leave the general population virtually defenceless and that such events will only strengthen the resolve of those who demand their gun rights not be infringed.

I`m not pro gun, but when they are for your and your own families protection from whackos with guns I am or would be.

You are disgusted by the president speaking about a US mass shooting? And possibly commenting we could do better?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

And the point is what ?

People aren't psychic, and people aren't criminals until they do something.

But some people believe the government is psychic and will fix all of these ills for us, if just we add one more law.

Also, violating the 4th Amendment to exercise the 2nd Amendment because the notion of "precrime" is acceptable to them.

Even then going around shooting other people is against the law.

If we just add one more law...Or take away "shoulder things that go up" and other nonsense we can make it all stop. Also if we ban any right wing sentiment at all we can make the crazies go away! because we all know right wingers are the only ones who are prone to violence. It's not a human condition or anything.

No one thinks the government is psychic, let alone fix our problems.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What do you bet gun control would have made no damn difference?

No in California.

Especially after the North Hollywood Shootout.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
And a side note...

Why does it matter who these shooters are? They could be from a cave on Mars and it doesn't change the fact that we seem to have a problem with people thinking guns are the be-all-end-all to their problems.

We can't legislate people's choices on how to handle their frustration, anger, or ideals.

You know, when one kid on a playground abuses the tire swing and uses it to hurt other kids -- it gets taken away. None of the kids now get to use the tire swing.

They could have stopped that kid, the others could have stepped in and told him to knock it off before the tire swing got taken away -- they could have policed their own...they could have taken responsibility.

But no...instead, each kid looked the other way and pretended it was someone else's problem. Now, however, no one gets to use the tire swing because its apparent that the entire group of kids isn't mature enough to handle the responsibility of having a tire swing and using it responsibly, making sure they keep themselves in line.

I see something very similar with that example and American gun ownership.

*I keep hearing the right call for Muslims to police their own, clean up their own ranks. I hear everyone say the police need to police themselves. Why is it so hard for gun owners and conservatives to point the gaze back upon themselves and take an introspective look at their own gun culture, and police themselves too? Why is it OK to bark orders at others to do something, yet not take responsibility themselves -- like they want everyone else to do?

Great post.

Indeed the gun owners need to like people say to the Muslims, police their own.

Of course they haven’t a clue how to do that successfully as the Muslim community is finding out.

A lot of this is pathology…Muslim terrorists and the right-wing terrorists who are almost as prominent as the Muslims at present.

And lets don't forget the crime...Chicago and all the ordinary murders on the rise

What we may need, is a new social idea

or a new perspective on religion or movement or something

Something to bring love back into this equation

People we are as a race, the human race, is in serious trouble

We need to find some light in this darkness

edit on 2-12-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
If he'd been smart, he'd have only made a small comment that he was aware that there was a shooting situation, sad to hear there were fatalities, and was asking to be kept informed. That more comments would be from him later, AFTER there was more to go on.

But, in this case I'm not surprised: Never let a tragedy go to waste.

I think he took a good opportunity. Unless you are in the crowd of 'Too soon'. After EVERY mass shooting, someone like you says it is NOT THE TIME.

I don;t think I have ever disagreed with you. But I don;t think you should attach you moderator status to that statement.

edit on 2-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

And maybe I shouldn;t have worded it that way, but it has been 'too soon' since Columbine and I am getting angry.
edit on 2-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Indeed the gun owners need to like people say to the Muslims, police their own.

First of all, WHY?

Every individual is responsible for his/her own actions. There is no organized and concerted effort to shoot people in the streets by gun owners. This isn't the same thing as Al Qaeda, ISIS, Al-Shabaab, Boko Haram or any other terrorist organization. These are American citizens exercising a right protected by the Constitution.

The comparison is ridiculous. I am no more responsible for the Planned Parenthood shooting as the Manhattan Islamic Center is responsible for 9/11.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The news media keep parroting Obama rhetoric of gun control, the people that did this was in full armor, mask and look like special forces of some kind, these people that did the killing were trained and they chose their target because they knew they were vulnerable.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Apparently it was a Republican-Christian pro-gun anti-abortion flat-tax Ted Cruz supporting gang who was targeting a pro-choice supporter who worked on the Sanders campaign.

There.

Does that make everyone happy now?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

The news media keep parroting Obama rhetoric of gun control, the people that did this was in full armor, mask and look like special forces of some kind, these people that did the killing were trained and they chose their target because they knew they were vulnerable.

Hell it was prolly a 'gun free' zone too.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You forgot, sorros, drug cartels and hillarys nany.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

So far the mass shootings happenings has been loners, usually with record of mental illnesses, this people were different, no the usual closet lunatic on a death wish.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
14 people dead and you still wonder whats wrong with the gunlaws

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rajas

We know what's wrong with gun laws.

They don't WORK.

link   

California has the strictest gun laws in the nation.

link   

That is the crux right there.

They need to be fixed. Changed. No one said take your guns, Obama especially never said that. People need to face reality.

The USA has too many guns and too many shootings. Google it yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join