It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama On San Bernardino Shooting: 'We Have A Pattern Now Of Mass Shootings'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Local gun laws mean nothing. I don't know why the gun advocates always yammer on about this as some sort of example of gun laws not working. Of course they don't work when you can drive to somewhere else where the laws are different, then just drive back. See how easy that is. But the gun defenders love to push the issue down to state level where the laws can be easily steamrolled by the NRA, gun lobbies, or the gun corporate complex.

Yes, California has strong gun laws. Who cares, Arizona doesn't. I'm sorry, but we need nationwide gun laws. I mean, my lord, this is something specifically designed for killing. You all get so wrapped up in your gun-toting bravado that common sense is just constantly out the window.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I think we see very differently on " Strict Gun laws"

Firearms

You must apply for a firearms license to be permitted to possess firearms and ammunition. You also need a permit to import firearms into Sweden.

Firearms License

The application for a firearms license is to be submitted to the police authority in the county you are registered. As a rule, to be granted a firearms license requires that you have reached the age of 18. Certain exceptions exist.

You must also be law-abiding and conscientious. To be granted a firearms license for hunting you must have a hunting license. To be granted a firearms license for target practice, you must have been an active member of an authorised rifle-club that organises rifle-shooting with the type of firearm to which the permit applies.

Hunting license could be taken within 3 days of 8 hours each, 24 hours of schooling following an exam.

150 days vs. 10 days

Strict enough?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
They need to ban all alcoholic beverages
Today the World Health Organization (WHO) announced that alcohol is to blame for just about 4% of, or 2.5 million deaths worldwide annually.....
alcohol diseases and injuries, according to WHO's first report on alcohol since 2004.
Its consumption has been linked to cirrhosis of the liver, epilepsy, poisonings, road traffic accidents, violence, and several types of cancer, including cancers of the colorectal, breast, larynx and liver.......
and to thank I thought it was all them Guns out there killing people...

What if I told you the Government could care less take a # they will just tax you after your gone.........

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I don't understand how you don't see the similarities?

Inside the Muslim community you have a small minority of extremists, using violence to kill and harm people.

Inside the police forces nation wide, you have a small minority of overly aggressive officers, using violence to kill and harm people.

The majorities in both groups above have been chided by conservatives, they've been told they need to "police their own" and "root out their violent bad elements".

Why is it so hard for those same conservatives to turn around and look in the mirror? Why do gun advocates get a free pass?

Why is the "gun culture" of America never made to be held accountable, but rather "crazy people, pills and violent TV shows".

Why are we allowing an entire group of Americans to point fingers at other groups, telling those groups to clean up their houses, when they refuse to even acknowledge they have some spring cleaning as well? How can anyone take anything these gun-toting advocates seriously when they are a walking contradiction?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
These mass shootings are really getting to be a weekly thing here in the U.S.. So Obama says we have a pattern of mass shootings. Sure seems like a pattern to me. Does the GOP always have to attack Obama every time he opens his mouth? That alone is a pattern!

I don't know what the answer is to stop these insane shootings. I do know congress needs to get off their duff and stop the political posturing and finger pointing. Start focusing on improving citizen's access to mental health help and having a discussion on improving gun laws.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rajas

In my Island of PR is almost impossible for law abiding citizens to obtain permits for guns, but everyday is somebody killed by gun violence, most of the guns are obtained illegally, PR is an Island, how can illegal guns gets in there so easily and the answer is because corruption due to high trafficking of illegal drugs, with the illegal drugs comes the illegal weapons.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Good point, I tried to articulate it earlier -- you just nailed it. You can't legislate and pass laws that will keep an angry, upset, disenfranchised or ideologically-charged madman from doing something.

Even if ALL guns were illegal, that wouldn't work. Lots of things are totally illegal and look at how easy they are to find if you try.

Motive, that's a good way to describe it. I'd also mix that with the "culture" we have...that waving guns around and shooting people somehow solves problems, vindicates you, and makes you "right" somehow.

When I hear about someone being upset and going on a shooting spree, I can't help but think of a child throwing a temper tantrum -- complete with punches, kicks, screams and yells.

Only when an adult does this, they have far more dangerous ways to inflict harm ...

I think we're seeing American culture becoming more and more immature. Immature people think resorting to violence solves problems. Infantile minds that can't think themselves out of problems turn to violence, IMO.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

You won't see me crying. The CDC says 1 in 10 people of working age die because of alcohol. It's literally the worst drug out there, and yet we celebrate it and encourage everyone to drink it.

Alcohol had its place during the dark ages when water was tainted. We have things called water filters now...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I keep listening of how well prepared the shooters were, the are talking that it could be more attacks in the near future, it was also a bomb scare at the same time.

My husband said that the shooters may had military training as the way the clothing was described.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

According to a hollywood script.

'Operator's' dress on the down low.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

We got loads of illegal drugs, dont see any mass shootings cause of illegal drugs. Dont think the problem is corruption, i believe the problem is the normal insane neurotic american who believes everyone tries to kill you.
Only nation in the world with "gun laws" like the US is the US, and it really doesnt fill a purpose unless the purpose is to kill.. Your gun laws only make sense to you, if you ask a Swede about an honest answer about a normal american, he will say;" damaged goods"

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's hard to dismiss the nagging feeling that this could be linked to Paris shootings, but we don't have all the facts yet.

But the news keep saying now that it could be more attacks planned.

It was a news article on TV yesterday talking about how many persons of interest are in the FBI list and most of them has been lost in the system.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rajas

I understand, but when the right to guns is a constitutional right in the US you can not debate the issue at all.

Is as plain as the way is written in the constitution and supported by the supreme court.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well the suspect that died are a woman and a man, they were dressed in assault training gear and had assault weapons, they chief of police in Los Angeles said that they are still working on the bomb scare.
edit on 2-12-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

You are disgusted by the president speaking about a US mass shooting? And possibly commenting we could do better?

No and you know I wasn`t saying that.

Obama has NO solution to the gun related problems, because gun control clearly doesn`t work in America.

If control doesn`t work what else could he push for? remove all guns from every citizen and off the streets? if so, he is in fantasy land, guns will always get into the hands of criminals/extremists and leave the citizens defenceless and fully reliant on the Gov would be their wet dream.

Yes I was disgusted Obama used this event while it was still unfolding to blame it squarely on guns, when the elephant in the room wasn`t mentioned at all by him.

Islam foreign policy/relations.

Heck say there wasn`t a gun in existence in America, you think that would stop the killings? or an acceleration of bombings knifings etc to an unarmed population from people who want people dead. Would it then be blamed on the bomb making materials and knives cars etc that could be used to kill and still not address why the attacks were happening and what could/should be done about it.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Whoa, now they are speculating that it could be a terrorist attack, but they are not releasing the identity of the man and woman found.

Big news if it happen to be classified as a terrorist attack.

Whow.
edit on 2-12-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Well the suspect that died are a women and a man, they were dressed in assault training gear and assault weapons, they chief of police in Los Angeles said that they are still working on the bomb scare.

Weird like i said earlier wonder how this is going to fit ito obamas narrative.......

While the left is busy speculating and planning their next move on guns, and already blaming the "Right" and "GOP"

The rest of us are waiting for FACTS

they might want to try that sometime

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Thank God we banned coc aine, heroine, and Meth. Imagine if that stuff was out on the streets.
Thankfully my guns haven't killed anyone, but they must be stopped before somebody breaks in and they fire back. They need to be ok'd through my overlord and be granted permission by guys who are surrounded by high powered illegal weapons. But i understand they must be kept safe to rule over us tax payers.
And to think, global warming had to factor in somehow.

I feel very sick about this tragedy and the others lately, but barking about gun control instead of the human factor is insane. Whether its ISIS OR domestic, the underlying factor is a human problem not guns.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Oh no doubt, there is most certainly an increase in mass shootings. Anyone that denies that needs to go back and look.

However, trying to remove guns will not fix that. We have a shooting and immediately the question jumps up:

"How do we get rid of guns so this doesn't happen again?"

That's the WRONG question (any Doctor Who fans on this thread?).

The RIGHT question is:

"WHY are these mass shootings increasing?"

America has been a "gun culture" for over 200 years. In all that time, when did "mass shootings" start?

Well, we'd have to filter some of that as some of it is not the same. The Civil War and the shootout at the O.K. corral is not the same as the kook that wandered into PP and killed 3 people, or the idiot that walked into a theater and shot a bunch of people.
Same with Gangland style drive by shootings by some of Capone's boys back in the day. That was gun violence all right....and even with stricter and stricter gun laws, we still have gangs in cities blowing each other away.

I'm talking about some SOB walking into a church or a school and killing a bunch of innocent people. Shootings like that.

How often did those happen 10 years ago? 20? 30? 50? 100 years ago?

You'll find that things like this happened about as often as a blue moon back then.

So what has changed?

Well....a LOT has changed since those days. And I'm not too sure that you could point your finger at any one thing and say "That's the cause! That is what is causing people to go crazy and start shooting everyone!"

Personally, in my opinion, I think if we look really hard, we'll find that there might be quite a few things that over time might be the cause, or at least might be credible to look at.

Society all around the world has changed a lot in the past 100 years. People are glued to electronic devices (TV's...computers, laptops, iPads, smart phones) all the time. The family unit is different now too. It's rare to have one parent that works, and one that's home to raise the kids. Instead, both parents are busting their rear ends to try and make ends meet....and have little time for those kids they are raising.

Cities: Think they were crowded before? People are jammed pack in cities in today's world. Like sardines, forced to rub elbows and be in each other's way.

There are all sorts of social issues that people have in today's world that didn't even exist a hundred years ago. People totally stressed out over things that didn't exist before. Think about that guy stuck in traffic, with bad cell phone coverage, trying to reach his wife (who's also stuck in traffic) trying to figure out who is picking up the kids from daycare...after working 14 hours for a large corp where profit is the only thing.......would he be in that same situation a century ago? He'd have other stress back then.....but not quite the same I think.

Ah me...dribbled on again. Time to eat dinner.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Whats changed is the loss of moral compass in the US and the fact that so many have NO direction anymore and NO conscience.......

The lack of leadership and roll models with a backbone and a sense of moral code......

The issue is the cheapening in the value of life.......

not guns........

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join