It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama On San Bernardino Shooting: 'We Have A Pattern Now Of Mass Shootings'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: reldra

He did call for more gun control, we do need some more, that is pretty obvious.

No we don't.

Geezus hell the facts aren't even in yet.

Except the fact California has mandatory waiting periods, and magazine capacity limits, and the toughest restrictions in the country.

So stop pushing the same crap as Obama.

I didn't realize I was pushing the same things he is. I speak my mind on here, and in this thread, off the cuff. Thank you for letting me know I am in line with someone better educated than I.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Let's not forget California has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country.

Love the hypocrisy!!
You are pushing your agenda with the bodies at the same temp.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Obama acts like Obama because as a general rule he doesn't even wait for facts. Same old. Same old from our 'fearless

Of course Obama acts like Obama, who is supposed to act like? Tom Cruise?

And if Obama had waited until the "bodies are cold", GOP and conservatives would call him callous, indifferent, uncaring, disrespectful, ect...

No matter what he does, his detractors will claim he should have done the opposite. Pretty transparent tactics if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I didn't realize I was pushing the same things he is

Pretty much.

Laws say x can't go around shooting y.

So the solution is to make more laws that a small percentage of the population is never going to follow.
edit on 2-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I love the hypocrisy too.

The solution to 'bad' guys with guns is 'good' guys with GUNS after writing LAWS that don't work.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
I did say that earlier. He is damned if he talks now, damned if he talks later.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

He should have kept his mouth shut until it was over.

And we knew what was what.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
And a side note...

Why does it matter who these shooters are? They could be from a cave on Mars and it doesn't change the fact that we seem to have a problem with people thinking guns are the be-all-end-all to their problems.

We can't legislate people's choices on how to handle their frustration, anger, or ideals.

You know, when one kid on a playground abuses the tire swing and uses it to hurt other kids -- it gets taken away. None of the kids now get to use the tire swing.

They could have stopped that kid, the others could have stepped in and told him to knock it off before the tire swing got taken away -- they could have policed their own...they could have taken responsibility.

But no...instead, each kid looked the other way and pretended it was someone else's problem. Now, however, no one gets to use the tire swing because its apparent that the entire group of kids isn't mature enough to handle the responsibility of having a tire swing and using it responsibly, making sure they keep themselves in line.

I see something very similar with that example and American gun ownership.

*I keep hearing the right call for Muslims to police their own, clean up their own ranks. I hear everyone say the police need to police themselves. Why is it so hard for gun owners and conservatives to point the gaze back upon themselves and take an introspective look at their own gun culture, and police themselves too? Why is it OK to bark orders at others to do something, yet not take responsibility themselves -- like they want everyone else to do?
edit on 2-12-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

He should have kept his mouth shut until it was over.

And we knew what was what.

And do you think people would have been "satisfied" with him not saying anything until later?

Do you not dispute the fact that his lack of a statement now would be turned and used to attack him anyway?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

I love the hypocrisy too.

The solution to 'bad' guys with guns is 'good' guys with GUNS after writing LAWS that don't work.

ALL of the gun laws the NRA and right wing conservatives feared would happen in regard to guns have NOT happened.
At one point I think Obama had an 'A' rating from the NRA. This late in the game, if you think Obama is 'coming for your guns' he must be travelling by walking. The amount of rhetoric is hysterical.

And if you think that I, as a Liberal, far left Democrat is 'coming for your guns' I guess I am walking too.

So strange that far right conservatives don't think I can be a 'constitutionalist' too.

It's actually insulting.

edit on 2-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The big question should be;

How is this going to be spun for maximum political benefit?

Politicians don't care about lives. They care about votes and tax dollars.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Yeah, seeing as how Washington DC has the highest per capita gun murder rate.

en.wikipedia.org...

Then again, that little outlier should tell you something. You cram a bunch of people in a small space, you're going to see more murders.

One of the pillars of communism is to do away with urban areas altogether. I guess it does have one benefit.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If he'd been smart, he'd have only made a small comment that he was aware that there was a shooting situation, sad to hear there were fatalities, and was asking to be kept informed. That more comments would be from him later, AFTER there was more to go on.

But, in this case I'm not surprised: Never let a tragedy go to waste.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Lol that "could" kill and that's a stretch to common sense

All the while IS ignoring factions and people that ARE killing

Give me a break

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Yup keep pushing your agenda on the dead bodies while saying people shouldn't do it!

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The big question should be;

How is this going to be spun for maximum political benefit?

Politicians don't care about lives. They care about votes and tax dollars.

Interesting you should ask that. Obama can't run again. I have the ODD idea he is attempting to run a country. Maybe I am just nuts.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

And do you think people would have been "satisfied" with him not saying anything until later?

Yeah.

Do you not dispute the fact that his lack of a statement now would be turned and used to attack him anyway?

No.

He is staying true to his word.

Obama: Mass shootings are 'something we should politicize'

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Yeah I watched the vid of Obama speaking about this latest event as it was unfolding and I was disgusted by it.

He must know there is zero chance of removing guns from the hands of these nut jobs which would leave the general population virtually defenceless and that such events will only strengthen the resolve of those who demand their gun rights not be infringed.

I`m not pro gun, but when they are for your and your own families protection from whackos with guns I am or would be.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Lol that "could" kill and that's a stretch to common sense

All the while IS ignoring factions and people that ARE killing

Give me a break

Since you didn;t quote what I typed, I am not sure what you are referring to.

Then I go to your second sentence and have no context for it. I Do know people are killing...so your 3rd sentence has merit.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Remember, in politics -- it's only OK if your hero is the one doing it. If someone else from the "other team" does it, it's bad. The same standards and expectations don't apply to the politicians you support.

*sigh*

It's just how it works. Americans and their love for teams. Politicians really should wear NASCAR jumpsuits with all the corporate sponsors they have, and the State of the Union should have a half-time show sponsored by Coca Cola.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join