It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama On San Bernardino Shooting: 'We Have A Pattern Now Of Mass Shootings'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: rajas
14 people dead and you still wonder whats wrong with the gunlaws

California has the strictest gun laws in the nation.

Then the laws they have need to be edited since they are not working. DUH.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rajas

California has strict gun control, so I guess the laws means nothing, but interestingly the targets were very vulnerable and chose for a reason.

link   
you cant trust people to follow the rules, the only thing you CAN do is arm yourself, always be aware of your surroundings, and always be ready. the security at the venue of the paris attack had no guns and the terrorists went on a shooting spree for about half an hour. large groups of people are excellent targets, i avoid them always.

link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: DBCowboy

You forgot, sorros, drug cartels and hillarys nany.

Yeah, also forgot #SomeLivesMatter.

The point is, the president, an everyone with a keyboard and a 12 pack of Mountain dew is going to try to be the first to say it was, _______________________ that killed those people.

When the truth comes out, I'm sure all of us will be surprised. Only because the majority of us can't conceive killing people.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Try READING them.

Registration.

www.nraila.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: reldra

What's been insulting has been the last seven years of Obama pushing the same AGENDA.

Gun control. After every attempt has failed.

Even after using every single shooting that has happened.

He sees people dying in mass killings. He is the President. He has to do something,

Saying 'more people carry around guns' is OBVIOUSLY NOT the answer.

If you think you could do a better job...tell us HOW. Give specifics. Quote laws that could be repealed or added.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

prison sentences worked with Marijuana and Meth huh? is that why we have to release so many non violent offenders for drug charges because the prisons are full? because being stricter on the laws works?

Wave bye bye to common sense

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Obama could have said, "I'm saddened by those injured and the horrible loss of life. Beyond that? I'm unwilling to speculate at this time. Lets pray and support our law enforcement officers in their task to bring these people to justice."

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

He sees people dying in mass killings. He is the President. He has to do something,

Then he can stop droning people overseas in those mass drone attacks.

He can stop arming ISIS over in Syria, and every other middle eastern regime.

Please.

He doesn't give a snip, but pushing his agenda.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Are you not familiar with California legislative process?

There have been 23 new gun and ammunition control laws enacted in just the last 5 years. The weapons used in this incident are outright banned in California.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If the killers had targeted another side of the population I imagine that people will have reacted and protected themselves.

But is very interesting that they choose a target that were not able to protect themselves.

Interesting, I see the angle of the situation that people are too obfuscated reacting on the gun control and the faulty laws to see.
edit on 2-12-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Laws try to remove the Means.

You can't remove the Means, no mater how hard one tries, others will ALWAYS find a Means to kill people.

Motive is the problem. Remove the Motive and the Means will never be used.

We outlawed the sale of Alcohol, didn't stop people from getting it and still buying it from bootleggers. But it certainly helped get organized crime even more organized, and turned a lot of ordinary citizens into criminals.

We outlawed and declared war on drugs.....not seeing how well that's turned out. Quite the opposite in fact.

Outlawing guns, removing guns, making guns so hard to get legally will not stop people from having and getting guns, nor will it stop people from using them to kill others.

The only thing that is going to stop people from killing others with guns is if we remove the reasons that people want to do that in the first place.

Just a fact of life. If someone wants something bad enough, they'll find ways to get it. Period.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The pattern is people who do this kind of stuff do it in places where they know that their targets are unarmed and can't fight back.
If people would wake up to that fact and we were able to defend ourselves as we see fit, this would happen a lot less.
The police cannot and never will be able to stop this from happening.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Try READING them.

Registration.

www.nraila.org...

Read it. I see some loopholes. When I lived in CA I could buy almost anything I thought of at a flea market or Swap meet. Yes, I have been to the Swap Meet in Compton. I see it has closed, but I am sure it opened somewhere else.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Laws try to remove the Means.

You can't remove the Means, no mater how hard one tries, others will ALWAYS find a Means to kill people.

Motive is the problem. Remove the Motive and the Means will never be used.

We outlawed the sale of Alcohol, didn't stop people from getting it and still buying it from bootleggers. But it certainly helped get organized crime even more organized, and turned a lot of ordinary citizens into criminals.

We outlawed and declared war on drugs.....not seeing how well that's turned out. Quite the opposite in fact.

Outlawing guns, removing guns, making guns so hard to get legally will not stop people from having and getting guns, nor will it stop people from using them to kill others.

The only thing that is going to stop people from killing others with guns is if we remove the reasons that people want to do that in the first place.

Just a fact of life. If someone wants something bad enough, they'll find ways to get it. Period.

They didn't learn nothing from prohibition.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The president is not wrong.

We have a problem.

Deny it all you want.

Fear for your guns all you want.

There is something very out of control here. Very.

edit on 12/2/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

When didn't we have a problem? Name the period in recent history where there were no mass slayings.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yeah he is wrong, and so is everyone that agrees with him.

Don't you think people actually have to commit a crime, and it be proven in a court of law.

Before they have to pay some for 'cruel and unusual' punishment?

link   
a reply to: JHumm

Exactly!!!!!!!! we need to get more information as like I said before this time is not some loner, this was a planned shooting that involve several individuals, I wonder if is more around waiting to target other areas where is gathering of vulnerable people, with the Christmas gathering of family to celebrate, parades and so on, I am very bit worry about what can happen.

Where is one is two is three and possible more to do damage.

link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
The president is not wrong.

We have a problem.

Deny it all you want.

Fear for your guns all you want.

There is something very out of control here. Very.

If that doesn't illustrate it. I don't know what will.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join