It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING- Active Shooter Reported At Planned Parenthood Colorado.

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

True..but isnt terrorism a federal crime? i hope they throw the book at this guy and make it so.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I hope this incident proliferates the awareness that Christian Fundamentalist Evangelicals are dangerous.

There have been many of us, myself included, that has been saying the rhetoric and propaganda of the Right Wing will someday boil over in incidents like this, and I'm sure we would love to have our predictions validated in some form or fashion, but at the same time there are Right Wingers hoping that this man was not a Christian-Right Wing extremist because it causes them to be put on the defensive.

Hence the excuses. They fear what we already know to be inevitable.

The best thing to do is to wait it out and find the facts. Even though we would love to blame this on group X, we have to be better about this than our Right Wing counterparts.

Give me a break! Chicago is run by leftist, has the strictest gun control around, and over 400 people have been killed!

If this is a right wing nut job that did this it's a drop in the bucket to the economic and political environment that has allowed the co furious for over 400 deaths in one liberal run city!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

True..but isnt terrorism a federal crime? i hope they throw the book at this guy and make it so.

Agreed. And, it's very much terrorism IMHO. Bringing weapons and IED's/propane tanks strapped with detonators into a women's health care center, shooting and killing several policemen and civilians, causing a rather large area of people to need to shelter in place for several hours, plus the fact they had to shut down a rather large area of roadways, etc. sounds like terrorism to me.

People act like terrorism can't happen here or it isn't terrorism unless the perp is of Middle Eastern descent. All the propaganda seems to be working nicely on the sheeple...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I have seen no motive yet, so won't speculate, so far this is a state level crime.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

I have seen no motive yet, so won't speculate, so far this is a state level crime.

That's a level headed response, thanks. It's important that people remain level headed. It's kinda tough for me since it happened about a mile from where i live, but thanks, that's refreshing and puts me in a more reasonable state of mind.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Christian terrorist

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

Agreed. And, it's very much terrorism IMHO. Bringing weapons and IED's/propane tanks strapped with detonators into a women's health care center, shooting and killing several policemen and civilians, causing a rather large area of people to need to shelter in place for several hours, plus the fact they had to shut down a rather large area of roadways, etc. sounds like terrorism to me.

People act like terrorism can't happen here or it isn't terrorism unless the perp is of Middle Eastern descent. All the propaganda seems to be working nicely on the sheeple...

I am going to agree with you for the most part, but if this guy ran into PP after a failed crime at another establishment, we just don't know yet. Wait for the facts to come out.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

The odds favour terrorism in this case, however whether the motive is admittedly political or not on the shooter's part has yet to be determined.

It may have been terrifying, but that is not how the crime is defined by law.

As others have said it is best to wait for the 'facts' to come out before proclaiming these sorts of things. Imagine the backlash if this guy turned out to be a total nutter like the Giffords affair or Aurora? Personally I am expecting the textbook white-guy against planned-parenthood, but I'll wait until the info comes out.

If you want to see how crazy things get when making declarations just check back to the Tweeting or comment section of any political blog after a tragedy.

-FBB

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

That's a level headed response, thanks. It's important that people remain level headed. It's kinda tough for me since it happened about a mile from where i live, but thanks, that's refreshing and puts me in a more reasonable state of mind.

I understand, lived in Denver for 16 years, and traveled the CS area on a regular basis. CS is it's own little unique spot on earth with FOTF, etc, not my favorite place in the world. But my thoughts are with you and yours this night, hoping all are safe.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

they said some people fled the bullets ran out of planned parenthood and into the bank

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LordBael
I dont adhere to the whole 'its too early' thing, but shamrock made a good point earlier regarding this whole race bait thing.

Cspd did a great job in this case. The guy willingly gave up, no resistance, no screaming at the cops etc and he got detained, and will now never see the light of day.

Maybe if this happened more within the ghettos of the US, we would see less deaths of thugs, and they too, would be in eternal prison, never seeing the light of day again either. Thugs who happen to be black are no different than this guy.

Wow, i wish people would take their political and pc blinders off, its kicking our ass here.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Give him a date with rope and gravity

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Christian terrorist

Where is your proof? There has been absolutely no proof this guy was specifically targeting Planned Parenthood. He seems to have been targeting cops.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join