It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING- Active Shooter Reported At Planned Parenthood Colorado.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

If i had to guess i would say Penrose. Memorial is taking a secondary role, but they are busy enough even without these types of situations. At least the downtown location on boulder. The local news has asked anyone needing er attention go to the north memorial or st francis hospital locations.
edit on 27-11-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildb
a reply to: NthOther

Are you saying we will see the push for gun control tomorrow ? Or maybe not because not many if any were killed at this event..

BRADY CAMPAIGN STATEMENT ON COLORADO SPRINGS SHOOTING

WASHINGTON - Dan Gross, President of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, issued the following statement regarding the shooting in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

"Our thoughts are with the community and the families of those who have been injured, including four police officers, as America once again faces the reality of too many guns in the hands of people intent on doing harm. In light of the circumstances, the gunman's motivation will be the first question people will ask. Equally important, however, is how the shooter got the gun or guns used and what we can do in the future to keep guns out of the hands of people we all agree should not have them."

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Colorado has the death penalty doesn't it? I hope they give him life because death is the easy way out.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I suspect there would have been many more casualties if they hadn't had a safe room. They always go for the doctor....
of course that hasn't been released yet.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Agreed. But either way will suffice for most. The man will never see the light of day again, especially if hes booked in supermax, (here in colo, where they book terrorists etc) which is underground.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I hope this incident proliferates the awareness that Christian Fundamentalist Evangelicals are dangerous.

There have been many of us, myself included, that has been saying the rhetoric and propaganda of the Right Wing will someday boil over in incidents like this, and I'm sure we would love to have our predictions validated in some form or fashion, but at the same time there are Right Wingers hoping that this man was not a Christian-Right Wing extremist because it causes them to be put on the defensive.

Hence the excuses. They fear what we already know to be inevitable.

The best thing to do is to wait it out and find the facts. Even though we would love to blame this on group X, we have to be better about this than our Right Wing counterparts.

What about the lefts constant rhetoric about the right? The white? The Christian? You worried about that?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Shamrock6

It's an act of domestic terrorism.

To be fair we don't know that....

Could be some guy who was pissed because his Missus decided to get a Abortion so he went in with a gun.

then again it could be a radical pro-lifer who has committed this as a act of terrorism.

Whut???
It's domestic terrorism either way - some guy and his lover, or some radical pro-lifer.....

it is terrorism.

[SNIP]

I said it was domestic terrorism because I think that's what it will turn out to be. I think it's most likely a political or ideological motivation for the act.

However, if it's not either of those, then it's a mass shooting. Legally speaking, anyway.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Not sure if I missed it being posted already or not:
According to KKTV.com, CSPD confirmed three fatalities. Two civilians and the officer from UCCS.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xenthuin

Thanks for the update, that sucks. Kktv has returned to regularly scheduled programming since the last press conference.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I have followed this thread from the beginning, watched a lot of the live feed. Kudos to CSPD, and all of the other agencies involved. I believe they were all professionals, and life was preserved where it could be. My thoughts to the families of those that have died or were wounded, most of us don't expect that as part of our work day.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xenthuin

I was going to post about the UCCS officer responding right as the thread was closed. At that time it was only known that he was one of the first in on the call and then later confirmed he was the one killed.

Very sad.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MajorAce
Head line could read ..Man uses gun to slow down Planned parenthood killing machine. Either way there are innocent victims inside and out..

Shouldn't that be speed up the killing?
edit on 27-11-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Update: The slain officer identified- Garrett Swasey, 44. Swasey was a six-year veteran of the department

www.cbsnews.com...

Police Lt. Catherine Buckley said two civilians and one police officer were killed. The officer was from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs police department, which was among the local law enforcement agencies that responded.

In a statement, university chancellor Pam Shockley Zalabak identified the slain officer as Garrett Swasey, 44. Swasey was a six-year veteran of the department, which Zalabak said is comprised of "sworn, state-certified police officers."

Nine people who were wounded -- five police officers and four civilians -- were hospitalized in good condition, Buckley said. The extent of their injuries was not known, although CBS Denver reported that one officer was shot in the hand.

edit on 27-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xenthuin
Not sure if I missed it being posted already or not:
According to KKTV.com, CSPD confirmed three fatalities. Two civilians and the officer from UCCS.

I just got that update on my phone. Two civilians and the UCCS police officer.

Fry him or send him to Florence (Supermax) and throw away the key.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

If i had to guess i would say Penrose. Memorial is taking a secondary role, but they are busy enough even without these types of situations. At least the downtown location on boulder. The local news has asked anyone needing er attention go to the north memorial or st francis hospital locations.

Memorial has one of the busiest ERs in the country, which is kinda crazy when you think about it. CS isn't that big of a city, compared to like Chicago, LA, NY, etc.

I've heard bad things about Penrose, never been there myself as a patient, but I did interview there for a job and it seemed rather dated/old there.

Hoping the rest of the victims pull through and his casualties cap at three. Freaking maniac...

As far as the gun control BS goes, good luck banning guns out here in CO. The gun laws here are some of the most gun friendly in the country. It was one of the "must haves" on my hubby's list of things before we picked where we moved.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Supermax is no joke...i very recently apprenticed with my brother, who is no longer with us...but as a fire extinguisher inspector, sprinklers, hoods etc. He told me that supermax has no fire exit plan for prisoners. Basically, if a fire starts somewhere within the facility, all prisoners there are #ed. Just a little fun fact for everyone.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Supermax is no joke...i very recently apprenticed with my brother, who is no longer with us...but as a fire extinguisher inspector, sprinklers, hoods etc. Told me that supermax has no fire exit plan for prisoners. Basically, if a fire starts somewhere within the facility, all prisoners there are #ed. Just a little fun fact for everyone.

Supermax is a federal prison, this man crossed no state lines, so will be a state level crime. Supermax is scary, I sold computer equipment to the government for several year, have been inside FCI Florence, FCI Englewood, and the Colorado State Pen. Never entered Supermax, it was under construction when I left the business.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Penrose is a good hospital, with better standards than memorial imo. The more weathy tend to go there, and they are faster since they arent as busy as memorial. Ive been there once and they seemed to be miles ahead of memorial.

I agree with you on the gun control bs, but many here on ats and really everywhere just dont get it.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join