It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING- Active Shooter Reported At Planned Parenthood Colorado.

page: 41
<< 38  39  40   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

Sure, it happens. Usually it has to do with national security or something along those lines. I have no idea what the reasoning is in this case. Haven't seen any justification, just the report that it was sealed.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Now they say the records will be sealed and no discussion of motive will occur.

Firstly, it's just the warrants that are being sealed. Even your source says that. Of course, your conservative source sensationalized the title to say that the "records" were being sealed.

I'm fairly certain that it's temporary. He's going to trial. They don't want information leaking out there. It was probably requested of the court by Dear's attorney to protect the confidentiality of the investigation.

Police say in a statement Sunday that they are sealing the warrants related to the case against 57-year-old Robert Lewis Dear. They say they are not providing information on the weapon used in Friday's shooting, a timeline of events or a motive of the suspect.
Source

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
If you can believe what is being reported...it was the prosecutor's office who asked that the warrants and documents be sealed.
www.postandcourier.com...

Colorado Springs police have declined to disclose any information on a motive for the attack, and a judge ordered the sealing of investigatory court documents at the request of prosecutors.

I was told by an attorney friend today that the motion to seal may have to do with the fact that the scene is a public health agency which operates under the HIPPA statutes. In order to remove any documents from such an agency they seek a seal so as not to inadvertently release private information that doesn't pertain to the on-going investigation. Or---any number of other issues such as one of the victims being in witness protection or associated in some way with national security.

With all the misinformation flying about I'm not sure that I trust anything except what the official spokespersons say in front of a camera. There have been several "official sources" stories which have been proven inaccurate.

Having just experienced a multiple murder in our community, I know how these rumors fly and the press picks up and runs with the most ridiculous stuff. Depending on anonymous sources isn't professional journalism but it is what people eat up with big spoons. According to several sources "associated with" the investigation, the murderer in our community was a.) Mexican drug cartel member, b.) an illegal immigrant involved in drugs, c.) lover of the slain woman, or the scene was actually a murder/suicide...the list seemed endless. The investigation actually showed that it was a family issue, the murderer was a family member. However, if you were to go about town asking people about the incident they will refer to it as "the Cartel murder" simply because that was the first big rumor that flew because the victims were immigrants from Mexico.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

top topics

<< 38  39  40   >>

join