It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam Call To Prayer In America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This is developing into a classic 2 dogs fighting over a bone while a 3rd grabs it and runs off. Soon all religious expressions will be banned from public places. The winner will be psychiatry lead by the atheists/feminists/LGBTers. Funny thing they have apps too to remind the follower/patient when to take their drugs, several times a day, just like prayer!
edit on 22-11-2015 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

The relationship to the "noise" of Christian church bells has been raised here as well.

Do you find that "forcing you to practice" Christianity?

Let me be clear; I am personally appalled and disgusted by most active and passive enforcement of religious BS on the public. I understand what you are saying, and in general agree with you completely. However, in the specific case presented here, these cities have voted, in council, to change the ordinances regarding noise limitations. I'm sure that citizens will have the right to appeal if any are troubled by the new levels.

As long as Adhan isn't being broadcast from the Courthouse or City Hall ... to me, this falls under "religious freedom."

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Let's put this perspective Look at the map of the area.

Now multiply the Adhan times each Mosque. How many Americans of others faiths are subject to this from 6am to 10pm every day? Do church bells blast that much and when they do there are no words!

Hamtranck Adhan

Big difference between some bells and this!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Kapusta

Personally I think it's rude to knock on a persons door and think you are going to convert them to whatever weird cult it be.
Everything you know is wrong, however this book right heegh has all the answers. Dinosaurs?? MORE LIKE BEHEMOTH!

Right! Whens the last time you heard of Muslims knocking on doors ? Yet we are trying to take over the world? ......smh

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The difference is government agencies enforcing religious practices.

Note: I have no problem with Jingle Bells and tinsel in school, just for the record.

link   

originally posted by: johnnyjoe1979
This is developing into a classic 2 dogs fighting over a bone while a 3rd grabs it and runs off. Soon all religious expressions will be banned from public places. The winner will be psychiatry lead by the atheists/feminists/LGBTers. Funny thing they have apps too to remind the follower/patient when to take their drugs, several times a day, just like prayer!

What do you mean soon. It already is happening. Christmas celebrations are being banned all over. No christmas tree, no carols, even saying Merry Xmas is taboo in some places.

link   

Its only factions of Christianity have bothered me at my home.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

Now multiply the Adhan times each Mosque. How many Americans of others faiths are subject to this from 6am to 10pm every day? Do church bells blast that much and when they do there are no words!

Hamtranck Adhan

I am almos 100% positive your really trying to spread syte on ATS . now that you have given me this info .I'll call each masjid and ask them about the Adhan and how they call it. And i am 100% certain that mostly all of them call it inside.

Also also ask them about complaints and city ordinances.

Stand by.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
“The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer” -Barack Obama

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Personally I think it's rude to knock on a persons door and think you are going to convert them to whatever weird cult it be.
Everything you know is wrong, however this book right heegh has all the answers. Dinosaurs?? MORE LIKE BEHEMOTH!

Right! Whens the last time you heard of Muslims knocking on doors ? Yet we are trying to take over the world? ......smh

Dont be melodramatic. I never said anything like that. I have already articulated my dislike in a fair and rational way. I already said muslims should be free to worship. I just don;t want their method for doing so announced over a loudspeaker. It's not necessary and if fairness is what everyone wants then is it not fair for non believers to not have to be disturbed?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Why don't you pray for the disturbance to stop...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

We get JW and LDS weekly.

Maybe we're in a database somewhere and they know we're heathens.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

What do you mean soon. It already is happening. Christmas celebrations are being banned all over. No christmas tree, no carols, even saying Merry Xmas is taboo in some places.

Since when are you not allowed to pratice these things inside your house.?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I always find it sad when one ethnic group founds a strong community that peaks out and disbands only to be replaced by another one. The neighborhood I grew up in was mainly Italian when I was born, not anymore. I used to work in Hamtramck and go to the bars there, I even video taped the mayor's birthday party one year, all the party goers spoke high Polish.

Another time I was at a "going away" party at an old Irish pub in Detroit. Everyone one there had a thick Irish accent and long time regulars were removing their family crests from the walls. They were playing Irish folk music and even had bagpipe players. I asked the bar tender if anyone would be staying on, he said no because the neighborhood was no longer Irish, it had turned into a predominantly black one. Basically he said look at the neighborhood, would you stay here?

I guess it comes down to a "white flight" type of syndrome, just replace white with what ever ethnic group was first established. Personally I thought the Chaldean Iraqi people were doing a lot to bring new life to some areas of Detroit. I'm not too sure of the new Muslim variety, most seem to not know how to mow their lawns I noticed. Ultimately some other ethnic group will come along when the middle eastern ones leave, I'd be willing to bet the Latino and Oriental ethnic groups will come to their own very soon.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Hamtranck Adhan

I am almos 100% positive your really trying to spread syte on ATS . now that you have given me this info .I'll call each masjid and ask them about the Adhan and how they call it. And i am 100% certain that mostly all of them call it inside.

Also also ask them about complaints and city ordinances.

Stand by.

Please do! I'd really like to know! Lastly I'm assuming you are Muslim and please don't take my position on this specific issue to mean I have issue with most Muslims. I have friends who are Muslim and they are good people who work hard and cherish their families. I don't throw my religion in their face and they don't throw theirs in mine.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Banned all over or banned in government/secular/public places? They sure as hell aren't being banned at the mall or any other private places.

link   

Perhaps, but not for you, who aren't even there.

Again, why do you want to control these people's lives for them?

Nevermind, skip that. The answer's obvious.

Do you realize that this "grave concern" over a change in the "noise ordinances" arose in 2004?

New York Times, Tension in a Michigan City Over Muslims' Call to Prayer, May 5, 2004

Council members emphasized that there was nothing technically preventing the mosque from amplifying its call to prayer, even without amending the city's noise ordinance, and compared the amplification to the chiming of church bells. The amendment just gave government officials leverage to limit the volume and hours of the broadcasts, said Councilman Scott Klein.

Mr. Motlib said the mosque applied for approval ''because we want to be good neighbors.''

Sometimes I just don't know....

link   

Dont be melodramatic. I never said anything like that. I have already articulated my dislike in a fair and rational way. I already said muslims should be free to worship. I just don;t want their method for doing so announced over a loudspeaker. It's not necessary and if fairness is what everyone wants then is it not fair for non believers to not have to be disturbed?

Is it common pratice for you to address questions that were not directed at you?

I do believe i was addressing lysergic.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Since when are you not allowed to pratice these things inside your house.?

I wasn't referencing that! I was referencing what is done in public. Schools, Cities, Businesses, Govt facilties, and Military are all having to modify the old norms of Christmas with the PC version called Holidays. Have plenty of links to support this!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Did you mention being melodramatic?

Is your thread about your problem with the Muslim call to prayer? Or about wanting to be able to inflict your religion on everyone ... I'm getting a bit confused by your bouncing rhetoric here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join