It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam Call To Prayer In America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Recently a town in Hamtrack, MI voted the first muslim majority city council into office. For a century this town was of heavy Polish heritage and of Catholic faith.

America is changing and Muslims are apart of that change.

In reading the article I learned that Mosques in Hamtrack and Dearborn blast the Adhan or call to prayer several times a day.

Dearborn Call To Prayer

More and more we are seeing Xmas and holidays that are associated with it being censored, muted, or banned in some parts of our country under the premise of not to offend other's, yet 5 times a day this Call to prayer is blasted where everyone in town can hear it.

One example of this

I came across this article where Duke University was going to blast the Adhan on campus. The article suggest "The adhan, like the ringing of church bells, calls us to gratitude, appreciation and attentiveness--things that the modern American university desperately needs. This kind of practice is especially suited to universities with a religious heritage or mission"

Duke Article

Personally I would not be to thrilled to have to listen to this call to prayer everyday, several times a day. To be fair perhaps maybe on occasion would be fine but certainly not as it is done is Hamtrack and Dearborn.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum or is already posted.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

So you have objection to people being called to pray to god?

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Think the objection would be towards the noise several times a day.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I don't see an issue with this, but I'm sure anyone enterprising could create an app (calling people to prayer) so no one would get upset.

Free expression means free expression for everyone.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
More and more we are seeing Xmas and holidays that are associated with it being censored, muted, or banned in some parts of our country under the premise of not to offend other's, yet 5 times a day this Call to prayer is blasted where everyone in town can hear it.

Question 1: What do tinsel and reindeer have to do with Jesus again?

Question 2: What are the "holidays associated with Christmas" that you're so concerned about?

Question 3: Does the town council or some other government agency issue the Call To Prayer in Hamtrack or Dearborn? If not, what's the problem? Are you opposed to religious freedom in America?

Question 4: Duke University is a private institution. What is your complaint about people being allowed to pray, again?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: Kapusta

Think the objection would be towards the noise several times a day.

Right.... Its Obvious by the title and OP the issue is deeper then "the noise ".

I find it a bit misleading to be honest .

All the masjids i have been to in the US save for 1 they always did the call to prayer inside .

The only one that didnt was in LA and an old man would go outside and call people to prayer with just his voice , no speaker .

just another thread on ATS where people of the likemind can gather and bask in Islamic ignorance.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't see an issue with this, but I'm sure anyone enterprising could create an app (calling people to prayer) so no one would get upset.

Their is an app. I have it on my phone.

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

I have an objection with the Muslim call to prayer in American Cities. Most cities and towns in America have sound ordinances yet in these towns they where changed to allow for the call to prayer.

As Choudary puts it ‘The main purpose behind the multiple loud pronouncements of Adhan in every mosque is to make available to everyone an easily intelligible summary of Islamic belief.
‘It is intended to bring to the mind of every believer and non-believer the substance of Islamic beliefs, or its spiritual ideology. In modern times, loudspeakers have been installed on minarets for this purpose.’

So therein lies my issue. I have no problems with Muslims practicing their faith, but I have a problem with them pushing their message over a loud speaker 5 times a day!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It's the end of days.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Question 5: Do you live in Hamtrack or Dearborn?

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Ok so under the auspice of free expression why is this happening to those of christian faith?

Christmas Carols Banned

Christmas is just once per year yet the celbration is banned while the Adhan is 365 day, 5 times per day! Double standard if you ask me.

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I wouldn't want to listen to their prayer call 5 times a day either.

I have nothing in particular against Muslims, but IMO blasting their prayer call over loud speakers 5 times a day is annoying and intrusive. Hell, I don't want to listen to church bells 5 times a day either. Once a week is bad enough.

If someone needs to be reminded 5 times a day that it's time to pray, either they're not very devout followers of their faith or they have short term memory issues.

Maybe those communities should consider tightening up their local noise ordinances with respect to "disturbing the peace."

Another suggestion might be to introduce their local Mosques to pager technology and push it as a viable alternative.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I have an objection with the Muslim call to prayer in American Cities. Most cities and towns in America have sound ordinances yet in these towns they where changed to allow for the call to prayer.

As Choudary puts it ‘The main purpose behind the multiple loud pronouncements of Adhan in every mosque is to make available to everyone an easily intelligible summary of Islamic belief.
‘It is intended to bring to the mind of every believer and non-believer the substance of Islamic beliefs, or its spiritual ideology. In modern times, loudspeakers have been installed on minarets for this purpose.’

So therein lies my issue. I have no problems with Muslims practicing their faith, but I have a problem with them pushing their message over a loud speaker 5 times a day!

Ohh the ironey in your statement.

Are you seriously quoting that scumbag Choundry ?
He's a moron and has pissed off many Muslims he's an extremist who has no credible credentials in Islamic study.

So essentially what your saying is "pratice your religion ,but do it how we tell you " ....

Lame thread 'lame argument.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Question 6: Do you understand the difference between enforced religious participation by a government entity and the free expression of religion in the US?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Question 5: Do you live in Hamtrack or Dearborn?

No I do not!

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

i do. non-believers shouldn't have that crap rammed down their ear-holes uninvited. and by 'non-believers' i include all faiths, as they are all equally bogus.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Furthermore ...when is the last time you heard a call to prayer in your town?

link   
Well...where I live, there is a majority Christian population, and I hear church bells ringing all day long. I don't begrudge their bells or get irate about them and even enjoy them. There is no harm there. Just respect.

If the area is majority Muslim, and they want to have their call to prayer, what's the difference? If it's truly too loud and people raise the issue, steps can be taken to adjust that.

As for the Christmas holidays being censored, muted, or banned...huge laugh. Stop watching FoxNews.

Thread on Duke

ETA: There's an app for call to prayer, and every once in a while someone forgets to mute their phone at work, and we hear the call to prayer go off. And no one freaks out. Go figure.
edit on 11/22/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

link   

Ok so under the auspice of free expression why is this happening to those of christian faith?

Christmas Carols Banned

Christmas is just once per year yet the celbration is banned while the Adhan is 365 day, 5 times per day! Double standard if you ask me.

You can't justify an inhibition of free expression by using an inhibition of free expression as an example.

Banning Christmas carols is stupid and narrow minded. But banning a call to prayer is. . . . . ?

+5 more 
link   

Ohh the ironey in your statement.

Are you seriously quoting that scumbag Choundry ?
He's a moron and has pissed off many Muslims he's an extremist who has no credible credentials in Islamic study.

So essentially what your saying is "pratice your religion ,but do it how we tell you " ....

Lame thread 'lame argument.

No I'm saying that practice your faith but don't project it out to the public over a loud speaker 5 times a day! Seriously we have cell phones and watches so any muslim should be well aware of what prayer time is. Why force non beleivers to be offended by it in a public space?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join