It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As States Turn Away Refugees – All Paris Attackers Identified So Far are EU Nationals

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Indigo5

I didn't mention anything about deportation, but.....hey, you supporters of open borders and refugee relocation with no meaningful vetting, when the chickens do truly come home to roost, don't look to me for sympathy or support; you won't find any.

Why would I look to you? Or your ideological kin? What you don't seem to grasp is that your fear mongering, bigotry and intolerance shares a common lineage with ISIS. You don't murder men, women and children who don't look like you or follow the same god, you just dehumanize them on the internet.

Democracy, freedom and liberty are ideals that are fundamental to mankind's survival. The sociopathic agenda of groups like ISIS are the antithesis to those ideals. Choose where you sit, but do not lie to yourself and pretend to be defending a free way of life while deriding and dehumanizing others based on their ethnicity or faith.

What was the goal of the attacks in Paris? It wasn't a military target...no fewer soldiers from france...no fewer bombs...just the opposite.

What does ISIS need to grow and prosper? To recruit?
They need hatred, bigotry and intolerance to grow toward Muslims in general.

Your ilk serves ISIS's agenda...mostly unwittingly...but the outcome is all the same.

The bigoted, dehumanizing rhetoric aimed at the 1.5 Billion Muslims of the world is gleefully received by ISIS. It is the best recruiting tool they could imagine.

They measure their success by how much the world blames Muslims at large and by how much the world trades liberty for fear.

edit on 19-11-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It is hard to convince people that not all Syrian refugees are terrorists, but this information does go to show that none of them are - I bet a bunch of these people took trips to the Middle-East, though, at one point or another.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: RoyBatty

When the economy began to tank and unemployment began to rise, the working class began to blame Muslims for a wide variety of ills. Banning headscarves was seen as a direct attack on their culture. Naturally, there was resistance to allowing them to take time off to pray in the middle of the work day, and there were claims that some Muslims were polygamous, and that these extra wives were a drain on the social welfare system. When you live in public housing in the banlieu and can't find honest work... what would you do?

Oh of course, naturally killing people is the most logical choice......

I can't even

If you don't like the culture of the place you move to, DONT MOVE THERE

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If we want to preserve our Constitution, if we want have the freedom to worship our traditional religious beliefs, if we want to be patriotic and courageous Americans, if we want our children to have the freedom of religion that we have, then we have to take action and lead by examples that allow us to maintain these traditions that we care about. If this means allowing refuges into our country under tough scrutiny -- then so be it.

We're Americans, and we're tough. Are we going to let a terrorist network win? If we start taking away someone else's religious freedom, soon it could be our very own that is being taken away. If we want to preserve what we already have -- we need to make sure we afford it others equally.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoyBatty

When the economy began to tank and unemployment began to rise, the working class began to blame Muslims for a wide variety of ills. Banning headscarves was seen as a direct attack on their culture. Naturally, there was resistance to allowing them to take time off to pray in the middle of the work day, and there were claims that some Muslims were polygamous, and that these extra wives were a drain on the social welfare system. When you live in public housing in the banlieu and can't find honest work... what would you do?

You turn to violence? Is this what you are suggesting? Headscarves are worn every day on the streets of France. They were banned from schools because schools are secular. The hijab was banned for identification (LOGICAL) purposes. France has accepted Muslim immigrants with open arms but that is not enough, somehow France has to adopt the laws (and prayer schedule) of a Muslim country? It is not a Muslim country, the immigrants chose to migrate there, is it not customary to keep one's culture while assimilating to those of your home country as well? I know I did.

Suggesting that they are "second class citizens" thus entitled to violence is unacceptable.

You'll never convince them that not kowtowing to every last demand......isn't the same as "hate, racism, xenophobia, destruction".

They are making demands that they know can not be explained rationally, so they will always label everything with these little superlatives.

It's how gay people changed the other 99% of America's beliefs on marriage, by calling them and their opinions various names. Well, actually didn't change their beliefs, but rather got the SC to tell them they no longer had a right to their beliefs.

And before they jump right to gay = black.......no, gay is a mental illness, black is a skin color. We're not supposed to give mental illness special rights to create anarchy and grow progressively worse.

link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
If we want to preserve our Constitution, if we want have the freedom to worship our traditional religious beliefs, if we want to be patriotic and courageous Americans, if we want our children to have the freedom of religion that we have, then we have to take action and lead by examples that allow us to maintain these traditions that we care about. If this means allowing refuges into our country under tough scrutiny -- then so be it.

We're Americans, and we're tough. Are we going to let a terrorist network win? If we start taking away someone else's religious freedom, soon it could be our very own that is being taken away. If we want to preserve what we already have -- we need to make sure we afford it others equally.

Double edge sword , argent could be made that if we import 10s of thousands that could hold extremist views that our freedoms that you just mentioned could be quashed by those that would like to see their version be the law of the land

Question, why won't the Muslim majority nations around Syria take them? Why is no one asking this?

Why are they not going to places that are more sympathetic to their religious ideals?

Why are there so many refusing aid and demanding money in areas where there is a surge of these refugees coming in in the EU?

Too many questions people are not addressing

link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Oh of course, naturally killing people is the most logical choice......

I can't even

Pay attention, please. First, resorting to violence is not logical, it is emotional. These young Muslim Europeans see their communities ravaged by poverty and the ills that come with that: drug addiction, a downward economic spiral, and, most importantly, a sense of powerlessness in the face of a system that seems rigged against them. Poor whites feel exactly the same way. They both respond to these frustrations emotionally, as a way to feel more personally empowered. Whites blame the Blacks and Muslims and become skinheads; the Muslims blame laicite, secularism, and become jihadis.

Next, these young men are second generation. They did not choose to move to France or Belgium, they were born there. They are rejecting the culture their parents embraced. Sound familiar?
edit on 19-11-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You seem ignorant of the point...what if you aspire to a culture, a way of life, but you are not accepted and instead alienated because of your color or faith?

Intolerance is without a doubt the wind that spreads the seeds of terrorism.

ISIS began with the new post war Gov. in Iraq and the utter alienation and disenfranchisement of the Sunni's. Thousands of people immediately unemployed, stripped of their pensions and half the country not permitted to be represented in government.

They were able to grow their numbers by exploiting the status of equally alienated and hopeless pockets of Muslims across Europe.

With each fit and seizure of hate and intolerance toward Muslims at large by the West ...ISIS grows stronger.

What does that tell you?...Is the solution greater intolerance and more alienation? Or do we double down on the principles of liberty and freedom that we claim to be fighting for in the first place?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Indigo5

I didn't mention anything about deportation, but.....hey, you supporters of open borders and refugee relocation with no meaningful vetting, when the chickens do truly come home to roost, don't look to me for sympathy or support; you won't find any.

Why would I look to you? Or your ideological kin? What you don't seem to grasp is that your fear mongering, bigotry and intolerance shares a common lineage with ISIS. You don't murder men, women and children who don't look like you or follow the same god, you just dehumanize them on the internet.

Democracy, freedom and liberty are ideals that are fundamental to mankind's survival. The sociopathic agenda of groups like ISIS are the antithesis to those ideals. Choose where you sit, but do not lie to yourself and pretend to be defending a free way of life while deriding and dehumanizing others based on their ethnicity or faith.

What was the goal of the attacks in Paris? It wasn't a military target...no fewer soldiers from france...no fewer bombs...just the opposite.

What does ISIS need to grow and prosper? To recruit?
They need hatred, bigotry and intolerance to grow toward Muslims in general.

Your ilk serves ISIS's agenda...mostly unwittingly...but the outcome is all the same.

The bigoted, dehumanizing rhetoric aimed at the 1.5 Billion Muslims of the world is gleefully received by ISIS. It is the best recruiting tool they could imagine.

They measure their success by how much the world blames Muslims at large and by how much the world trades liberty for fear.

haha, you believe that unfettered waves of illegal / unvetted muslims will make them love us and assimilate, for not asking who's a killer and who's not.

You believe that ISIS will wane and disappear if only we don't look for ISIS members in the tsunami of humanity.

i am humbled by this new form of logic that has been discovered.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You seem ignorant of the point...what if you aspire to a culture, a way of life, but you are not accepted and instead alienated because of your color or faith?

ISIS began with the new post war Gov. in Iraq and the utter alienation and disenfranchisement of the Sunni's. Thousands of people immediately unemployed, stripped of their pensions and half the country not permitted to be represented in government.

They were able to grow their numbers by exploiting the status of equally alienated and hopeless pockets of Muslims across Europe.

With each fit and seizure of hate and intolerance toward Muslims at large by the West ...ISIS grows stronger.

What does that tell you?...Is the solution greater intolerance and more alienation? Or do we double down on the principles of liberty and freedom that we claim to be fighting for in the first place?

Yes, everybody but you is ignorant. I love that lead-in.

There already is a failure to assimilate and growing idleness / violence. Happened and grew long before this new invasion, and it came right along with the original weak, wimpy immigration.

So, no, any semblance of common sense non-suicide WON'T be the thing that makes them hate us. They already do. After kissing their butts and begging them to take advantage for the past 20 years.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Double edge sword , argent could be made that if we import 10s of thousands that could hold extremist views that our freedoms that you just mentioned could be quashed by those that would like to see their version be the law of the land

The idea that the USA could not tolerate the tiniest ripple of a migrant wave without collapsing into sharia law is 1000% ludicrous. We have survived repeated migrant waves of Millions and always emerged greater for it, immigrant ancestry is one of our cultural pillars. For effs sake...Newark New Jersey could absorb the entirety of the refugee crisis and in a year you'd have them wearing gold chains, watching NJ housewives and speaking in a Jersey accent.

How little you think of the USA...not even a sane place to begin a discussion.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I would risk my life and my entire family to uphold the traditions and values of this country, than see us descend down a slippery slope.

Maybe there are a few terrorists in hiding, maybe we will shed blood -- but that blood is the price of having our freedom to practice the religions (or no religion) that we wish.

People risked their lives sailing across the ocean to America for this freedom, and I'm not about to let some terrorist punks scare me into denying you or anyone else their religious freedoms.

How valuable is what America is and what it stands for? What price are you willing to pay to maintain, preserve and keep what we have?

From what I've been seeing lately, people are frightened and scared; people are willing to sacrifice their freedom for "possible" security. It's downright un-American, un-patriotic, cowdardly and would make our founding fathers quiver in their boots.

I, for one am not afraid -- and I arm myself with moral courage to not back down and play into the hands of those who wish to use fear and terror to destroy me.

edit on 19-11-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Question, why won't the Muslim majority nations around Syria take them? Why is no one asking this?

Lebanon fwd!
Awesome job on their behalf when you know, that only 5mill. people live there...

en.wikipedia.org...

Do your homework, please!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

The vast majority of Europeans are of Middle Eastern or North African Descent[/url] - 35% African and 65% East Asian, mostly Middle Eastern to be genetically precise.

List of European countries >>>>en.wikipedia.org...

I don't get where the vast majority can be genetically of ME or African decent.

...There is not a place in the world that is not peopled with ancient AND modern immigrants.

Maybe gradually over hundreds of years ... certainly not as being

currently seen hoards?? armies?? (the large percentage of fit aggressive

men - not families) leading an exodus of gigantic proportions. These countries

they are *invading* do not have the infrastructure, medical, or educational

facilities to cope...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Too much propaganda and lies on this issue.

There aren't 10,000 able bodies Syrian men moving to New Orleans this month. All the refugees are not hugely steroid muscle goons with military training.

If you dig into this issue the one I just researched. It was a family with little children that had been living in Jordan for 3 years waiting (legally) to get into the USA. That would appear to be who we're turning away and who these brave governors are rejecting.

It's so hard to find a reliable news source on this stuff though. You start googling it and you get right and left wing propaganda up the wazoo. What ever happened to truth?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoyBatty

You turn to violence? Is this what you are suggesting? Headscarves are worn every day on the streets of France. They were banned from schools because schools are secular. The hijab was banned for identification (LOGICAL) purposes. France has accepted Muslim immigrants with open arms but that is not enough, somehow France has to adopt the laws (and prayer schedule) of a Muslim country? It is not a Muslim country, the immigrants chose to migrate there, is it not customary to keep one's culture while assimilating to those of your home country as well? I know I did.

Suggesting that they are "second class citizens" thus entitled to violence is unacceptable.

lol, it's flat out impossible to have an adult conversation with someone who calls it an "attack on their culture" to not allow bombers and murderers to hide their faces wherever they go, and even on all forms of ID.

You couldn't even facetiously invent the person that would try and make this claim, if they didn't actually show up and do it.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

No...Only those that prove themselves ignorant?

There already is a failure to assimilate and growing idleness / violence. Happened and grew long before this new invasion, and it came right along with the original weak, wimpy immigration.

Hmmm...Failure to assimilate?...where have I heard that before...oh yah..every IGNORANT person through history said the same about immigrants...

See the IRISH in the USA a 100 years ago..

So, no, any semblance of common sense non-suicide WON'T be the thing that makes them hate us. They already do. After kissing their butts and begging them to take advantage for the past 20 years.

Who is "they"? Cuz your brain doesn't seem capable of discriminating between 1.5 Billion people and a bunch of terrorists.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Too much propaganda and lies on this issue.

There aren't 10,000 able bodies Syrian men moving to New Orleans this month. All the refugees are not hugely steroid muscle goons with military training.

If you dig into this issue the one I just researched. It was a family with little children that had been living in Jordan for 3 years waiting (legally) to get into the USA. That would appear to be who we're turning away and who these brave governors are rejecting.

It's so hard to find a reliable news source on this stuff though. You start googling it and you get right and left wing propaganda up the wazoo. What ever happened to truth?

Sooooo, they're not ALL big strong men, so we shouldn't worry about a handful of terrorists being among them ?

And the ONLY part of the story we should look at is the poor little chilluns ?

Really ?

I mean.....Really ?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

No...Only those that prove themselves ignorant?

Hmmm...Failure to assimilate?...where have I heard that before...oh yah..every IGNORANT person through history said the same about immigrants...

See the IRISH in the USA a 100 years ago..

Who is "they"? Cuz your brain doesn't seem capable of discriminating between 1.5 Billion people and a bunch of terrorists.

No Irish showed up to blow up 100's or 1000's of people, or import their own law / religion onto their new home, and replace the existing.

A small % of 1.5 billion is a huge number. Point not conceded, and instead laughed at because on it's own it proves that we should be worried about, oh, a few hundred thousand jihadists moving about the globe.

Do you guys even think any of this through, while catching your breath after yelling "BIGOT !!" 50 times ?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
First, and even 2nd generation immigrants don't assimilate well. It takes a while for people to dissolve and dilute into the cultural matrix.

Americans have ADHD and short attention spans, however, and eat up whatever the terror-mongering talking head on TV tells them to be fearful of.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join