It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As States Turn Away Refugees – All Paris Attackers Identified So Far are EU Nationals

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

a reply to: RoyBatty

When the economy began to tank and unemployment began to rise, the working class began to blame Muslims for a wide variety of ills. Banning headscarves was seen as a direct attack on their culture. Naturally, there was resistance to allowing them to take time off to pray in the middle of the work day, and there were claims that some Muslims were polygamous, and that these extra wives were a drain on the social welfare system. When you live in public housing in the banlieu and can't find honest work... what would you do?

Oh of course, naturally killing people is the most logical choice......

I can't even

If you don't like the culture of the place you move to, DONT MOVE THERE

Pay attention, please. First, resorting to violence is not logical, it is emotional. These young Muslim Europeans see their communities ravaged by poverty and the ills that come with that: drug addiction, a downward economic spiral, and, most importantly, a sense of powerlessness in the face of a system that seems rigged against them. Poor whites feel exactly the same way. They both respond to these frustrations emotionally, as a way to feel more personally empowered. Whites blame the Blacks and Muslims and become skinheads; the Muslims blame laicite, secularism, and become jihadis.

Next, these young men are second generation. They did not choose to move to France or Belgium, they were born there. They are rejecting the culture their parents embraced. Sound familiar?

I am paying attention, that's why I reject the excuses for holding the hardline views they have

Btw being condescending lends no credence to your argument

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

No terrorism and extremist views along w placating those views as you seem to be doing, helps spread terrorism

No matter your background, you as an individual are ultimately the one responsible for your actions

Just as many have come up from much worse situations to be paragons of truth and love

No excuse

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Ummm aren't the yazidi girls fighting against IS? I read that a third of the force is women? Just a thought that's all.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
a reply to: earthling42

Ummm aren't the yazidi girls fighting against IS? I read that a third of the force is women? Just a thought that's all.

Ya they are. I notice they aren't cutting and running! And ISIS has tried repeatedly to over take them. Yet we're not arming the yazidis. It's a tragedy

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Indigo5

No terrorism and extremist views along w placating those views as you seem to be doing, helps spread terrorism

No matter your background, you as an individual are ultimately the one responsible for your actions

Just as many have come up from much worse situations to be paragons of truth and love

No excuse

My God, is the new meme actually "we've made them into terrorists with our hate, and their parents loved europe" ?

It's not worth even talking to people that bring this stuff. Not any more than debating your dog or cat.

And yeah, these people are supporting them totally.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
RE: The vast majority of Europeans are of Middle Eastern or North African Descent - 35% African and 65% East Asian, mostly Middle Eastern to be genetically precise.

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: soficrow

I don't get where the vast majority can be genetically of ME or African decent.

It's population genetics. Not really that complicated - but you have to actually read the references. Here's the wikipedia article: Genetic history of Europe.

RE: ...There is not a place in the world that is not peopled with ancient AND modern immigrants.

Maybe gradually over hundreds of years ... certainly not as being

currently seen hoards?? armies?? (the large percentage of fit aggressive

men - not families) leading an exodus of gigantic proportions.

The history of humanity is all about migrations - sometimes hordes, other times gradual - but very few peoples have had the luxury of maintaining a 'forever home.' Most cultures are transplants. Migrations into Europe and then North America being two of the most recent.

These countries

they are *invading* do not have the infrastructure, medical, or educational

facilities to cope...

I agree. But maybe instead of bombing the hell out of their homes so we can steal their oil and other resources, how 'bout we shift our "economic priorities" - put humanity first instead of last.

edit on 19/11/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

European Union | Mystery Babylon | ISIS | Christian Persecution = (168) + (196) + (56) + (246) = 666.
It is no surprise that the attackers were EU Nationals.
"It is related to Bible Prophecy".

Brotherhood of Freemasonry | Al-Qaeda | ISIS | September 11, 2001 | September 11, 2012 = (288) + (41) + (56) + (135) + (146) = 666.
"TERRORISM" = (135) & "UNITED KINGDOM" = (146).
"The United Kingdom is the 1st beast of Revelation 13".

edit on 19-11-2015 by YankeeZephyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

So Belgium is lax about vetting refugees, and needs to fix its system. That may be. Still, it does not seem that the real problem is with the refugee population. Seems there are more homegrown terrorists in Europe than imported ones. [Thinkin' IRA now, not just IS.]

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Worth repeating:

"The play is that we become a nation in fear. In that case the terrorists win and our politicians win. We close our borders, we get more invasive security procedures and surveilance and we get more of our freedoms taken away. That's the play and you're falling right into their hands."

You nailed it.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I am paying attention, that's why I reject the excuses for holding the hardline views they have

Those aren't excuses, those are the forces that are shaping them. That does not excuse their cruelty and perversity, but it suggests where preventing the radicalization can begin.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Kurdish, yezdân which translates to 'angels of god'.
You're correct, they are fighting against IS, if i'm correct, vice has made a documentary about them.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

RE: The vast majority of Europeans are of Middle Eastern or North African Descent - 35% African and 65% East Asian, mostly Middle Eastern to be genetically precise.

originally posted by: eletheia

I don't get where the vast majority can be genetically of ME or African decent.

It's population genetics. Not really that complicated - but you have to actually read the references. Here's the wikipedia article: Genetic history of Europe.

RE: ...There is not a place in the world that is not peopled with ancient AND modern immigrants.

Maybe gradually over hundreds of years ... certainly not as being

currently seen hoards?? armies?? (the large percentage of fit aggressive

men - not families) leading an exodus of gigantic proportions.

The history of humanity is all about migrations - sometimes hordes, other times gradual - but very few peoples have had the luxury of maintaining a 'forever home.' Most cultures are transplants. Migrations into Europe and then North America being two of the most recent.

These countries

they are *invading* do not have the infrastructure, medical, or educational

facilities to cope...

I agree. But maybe instead of bombing the hell out of their homes so we can steal their oil and other resources, how 'bout we shift our "economic priorities" - put humanity first instead of last.

Society has evolved into nation-states that are sized to be able to create controllable welfare systems for their people. Not just the opposite. We're not evolving into awesome anarchy and massive mountains of people. Didn't work in USSR or China or India, too big and crazy.

USA is probably about as big as you can get without falling apart. Aided by a rational, capitalist, free-rights, private property, democracy. EU a good illustration of just the opposite, falling apart.

Out of control massive waves of people flopping to and fro....doesn't make anything work anywhere. EU will fail because of this fiasco.

Funny how we never have taken their oil no matter how many times we've been there to stop their self-butchery. And we built the infrastructure that allowed them to keep it all and be rich beyond belief. Too bad one country is all millionaires and the one next door has a average salary of about 100 dollars. Only because Israel lets them go there and work, lol.

What a tired, sorry old false meme. Took their oil, lol.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray
a reply to: soficrow

Yes, absolutely nothing and nobody have changed since the 1930's. It's exactly the same. Today's concerns and issues are exactly the same as anti-semitism in 1934.

I agree. Some people may think we are different, and we have progressed - but no, apparently not. And the same arguments are being made today to turn away the Syrians as were made to deny Jews entry in WW2. ...Those who ignore the past are condemned to repeat it.

"Just before and during World War 2, the decision to cast group suspicion on European Jews and deny most entry on the grounds that with relatives and ties to Europe they might be spies or vulnerable to forced spying helped cost innumerable lives during the Holocaust,"...

Several writers specifically mentioned the story of the St Louis, a cruise ship carrying more than 900 Jewish refugees from Germany that was denied entry into Cuba and then the US.

The ship was forced to return to Western Europe, where a quarter the refugees eventually died in the Holocaust.

There are at least 4.2 million Syrians who have fled that country and are in need of permanent homes. Nearl y half of these people are under the age of 17, according to the United National High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). They are children. Children. Not, as Trump claims, mostly grown men.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Let's be clear on one topic. I never called you a liar, nor would I ever. we have some disagreements, for sure, but I would never call you a liar personally.

I said "Talk radio and fox news pundits lie and are untruthful, that we know for a fact." This would be a whole other thread, but it's relevant here because, some of the fear mongering on the Syrian Refugees is caused by right wing pundits. I realize that left wing pundits lie to.

I stand by that statement. People like Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Bill ORielly, Michael Savage, Dennis Pragar. We know these are some of the most popular Right wing pundits and they have a history of lying and you can't trust anything they say. That is fact.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Those aren't excuses, those are the forces that are shaping them. That does not excuse their cruelty and perversity, but it suggests where preventing the radicalization can begin.

Preventing the radicalization can begin by stopping the imams, mullahs, and ayotollahs from owning and running the countries.

All they have for schools and churches is hate-filled demagoguery, which conveniently keeps them in power forever. Hospitals and courts and all welfare programs the same. It's called sharia.

No, it's really not "our fault" and "up to us to fix".

Unless you mean "up to us" to destroy the systems that keep the imams, mullahs, and ayotollahs in power. That's possible.

Unfortunately we were working on that with Mubarak, Kadhafi, Assad, etc....but Obama figured we'd be better off with sharia in those places. And helping Iran to avoid changes by their young people. And pulling out to make sure sharia wasn't shut out of Iraq.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
So you're saying they should not have let Muslims in in the first place?

Someday you democrats will realize you're poor for a reason and it's not because you're smarter than everyone else.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Let's be clear on one topic. I never called you a liar, nor would I ever. we have some disagreements, for sure, but I would never call you a liar personally.

I said "Talk radio and fox news pundits lie and are untruthful, that we know for a fact." This would be a whole other thread, but it's relevant here because, some of the fear mongering on the Syrian Refugees is caused by right wing pundits. I realize that left wing pundits lie to.

I stand by that statement. People like Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Bill ORielly, Michael Savage, Dennis Pragar. We know these are some of the most popular Right wing pundits and they have a history of lying and you can't trust anything they say. That is fact.

Go back, read my post, and see that I didn't say you called me a liar.

I was PO'd about your canned little memes, all untrue. And you can't stop apparently - "Can't trust anything they say" is a childish meme. You may call them biased, or whatever floats your boat, but stop with the ridiculous statements already, as though the world has pre-approved them all.

Every outlet and talker has been caught in something or other, said to be "lies". Just stop with the hyperbole as though its mandatory that we all agree. It's also not just a who's who of conservatives. Cronkite, Rather, and Williams have been caught in likely the worst 3 ever. Whoopi Goldberg said Polanski's rape of a child wasn't "rape rape".

So stop with the patently untrue little campaign already.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Yes, absolutely nothing and nobody have changed since the 1930's. It's exactly the same. Today's concerns and issues are exactly the same as anti-semitism in 1934.

I agree. Some people may think we are different, and we have progressed - but no, apparently not. And the same arguments are being made today to turn away the Syrians as were made to deny Jews entry in WW2. ...Those who ignore the past are condemned to repeat it.

"Just before and during World War 2, the decision to cast group suspicion on European Jews and deny most entry on the grounds that with relatives and ties to Europe they might be spies or vulnerable to forced spying helped cost innumerable lives during the Holocaust,"...

Several writers specifically mentioned the story of the St Louis, a cruise ship carrying more than 900 Jewish refugees from Germany that was denied entry into Cuba and then the US.

The ship was forced to return to Western Europe, where a quarter the refugees eventually died in the Holocaust.

There are at least 4.2 million Syrians who have fled that country and are in need of permanent homes. Nearl y half of these people are under the age of 17, according to the United National High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). They are children. Children. Not, as Trump claims, mostly grown men.

It was sarcasm at it's highest. You're not supposed to openly agree with something so ridiculous.

No, we aren't exactly the same as we were back in pre-WW2. That's absurd. The world runs today on such politically correct hyper fixation on equality, and micro-aggressions and hate speech.....it's not even the same planet as the KKK, anti-Jew anti-Catholic, never-even-met-an-Asian / Mexican / Haitian, world of the 30's.

It's not even a passable fake myth that any security concerns about 1 million random muslims, during the ISIS caliphate jihad.....is racist.

My God, at least try to be credible in what you write.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Go back, read my post, and see that I didn't say you called me a liar.

I was PO'd about your canned little memes, all untrue. And you can't stop apparently - "Can't trust anything they say" is a childish meme. You may call them biased, or whatever floats your boat, but stop with the ridiculous statements already, as though the world has pre-approved them all.

Every outlet and talker has been caught in something or other, said to be "lies". Just stop with the hyperbole as though its mandatory that we all agree. It's also not just a who's who of conservatives. Cronkite, Rather, and Williams have been caught in likely the worst 3 ever. Whoopi Goldberg said Polanski's rape of a child wasn't "rape rape".

So stop with the patently untrue little campaign already.

I don't think they're memes or anything of the sort. I'll turn on the radio once in a while on a long drive and I'll turn on Fox news once in a while to see what they're saying. It's usually all propaganda. And it's mean and whining and divisive.

In fact, I'll take it a step further and I would call those pundits traitors to this country. All that I listed are horrible people. That is no meme. no joke no canned response. That is my real feelings based on research, reading and listening to them.

Let's take Limbaugh for one example, calling the pope a communist because he disagrees with his position on poverty and climate change. Calling Obama the worse president ever, when, if you research it, he's not even close to being our worst president.

You have to wonder why right wing pundits lie so much. My theory is that they get paid to divide us. It works really well. I pity anyone who listens to those lies. ON a daily basis, people get brainwashed and indoctrinated and it's criminal.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

half right. there are many reasons for terrorist to hide as a refugee and the biggest being that terrorist are not welcome to come to the uas but refugees are. The bigger the refugee influx then the easier it is to hide among them.

Granted. But why would Middle Eastern terrorists bother to relocate? They'd be a liability in any operation away from 'home.' [Don't know the language or understand the culture, etc.]

DJW001

Refugees would be worse than useless in an operation like this. The attackers knew the city and its rhythms; refugees would stick out like a sore thumb.

I think the 'problem' of terrorists disguised as refugees is far less significant than the potential for some skinhead going postal in the heartland. Any decent security and vetting system should weed out the odd terrorist (the numbers wouldn't be that high), and they'd be there for recruitment, not operations (both of which might be done more effectively on the Internet anyway).

???

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join