It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

: Ben Carson Can’t Name Even One Ally Of The United States

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I'm just curious to know if he is just an egotistical liar or, just a political punching bag

Both.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Im not prime minister but i am pretty sure Australia would take the call . After all we have followed blindly into pretty much every conflict from , and including Vietnam .

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I see Carson's answer as;

"I can't speak for any US ally. I can't determine who would or would not join us. It would be presumptuous of me to name any US ally without speaking to them first."

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

"I can't speak for any US ally. I can't determine who would or would not join us. It would be presumptuous of me to name any US ally without speaking to them first."

And he would be right. That's how you make allies. Diplomacy has been lost. This guy has an old feel.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

He is the male Sarah Palin, in many ways. Did he call this a 'gotcha' question yet?
a reply to: reldra

I was thinking the same exact thing while listening to his answer. This definitely was a Sarah Palin moment. He started side stepping and rattling incoherent BS. I wonder if he's getting some direction from Palin on how to use gibberish when given a Gotcha question.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

He is the male Sarah Palin, in many ways. Did he call this a 'gotcha' question yet?
a reply to: reldra

I was thinking the same exact thing while listening to his answer. This definitely was a Sarah Palin moment. He started side stepping and rattling incoherent BS. I wonder if he's getting some direction from Palin on how to use gibberish when given a Gotcha question.

Not what I saw. I saw a dude that had something to say and he wasn't going to be put off. And what he said was pretty damn good.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I think the leading candidates are going to crash and burn before this thing is over. The republican nomination may be a candidate nobody expected. Whether they'll be qualified to be president is another story. My neighbor sounds more intelligent than some of these candidates.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Carson, with all due respect, just doesn’t do his homework. Were he to due surgery like he studies to be president he would have been a terrible surgeon.

Listen to his ignorance about the economy he didn’t know anything about the debt ceiling

Somebody should ask him what Glass Steagall?

Look if you’re running for president one is suppose to apply oneself to what the job entails and not be another dummy like George Bush…we all remember the things he did.

Ignorance IS NOT a virtue

Haven’t we learned that under Bush

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

No argument there. I think it's all written in stone anyways. I'd move if I were you. Come north. We're not quite as nuts and we like guns too.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Also he didn't seem to be necessarily talking about our 'allies'. The first thing he said when he did respond was he wanted all 'the Arab states' to be involved. I'll give him a pass on this one. Public speaking and interviews are really NOT his forte.

Well he better make his forte if he wants to be president....

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I get this feeling from Carson too, he just doesn't seem to have a firm grasp on a wide variety of topics. He's really only been put in this presidential race because he made some remarks in his introduction to the president.

Being opposed to the president's policies doesn't make you qualified to be president. Might as well have sent Joe the Plumber to run for president.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

And he would be right. That's how you make allies. Diplomacy has been lost. This guy has an old feel.

Seems reasonable.

Though to be fair you already had one president that had no clue about world geography IE Bush

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia and the gulf states are our allies in the me but they seem more concerned with spreading their version of extremism around the world than providing any help. Helping the west is not in their interests at the moment. The sooner western nations appreciate this and recognise the implications, we migh be able to make some positive movement. Instead of supporting these regimes, we need to get tough with them and stop our cosy relationships with these spreaders of the Wahhabist religion around the globe en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

When I see a post like this, the first thing I realize is how stupid some people must be. And I am referring to the OP. When you make a statement like his after having watched this video, it clearly shows you have no analytical or logical deduction skills.

I you were not a complete idiot and knew a few things about politics instead of exposing your lack of intelligence, you would realize Carson probably has a good idea of who the "traditional allies" are. However it is probably not a wise choice to start dropping names for such questions like that as just about any answer would be inflammatory. Its a pointless question anyways. Its a completely situational theoretical question based on an incident that has not happened yet. What Carson did was avoided answering a question of no importance to avoid further drama from people like yourself who are looking to spin any and everything into a trial by fire. Just about every human who has ever entered politics has done this.

So based on the way you reason things, Hillary Clinton must have a mental illness because she has a hard time remembering a lot of very basic things...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: thehoopsmith512

When I see a post like this, the first thing I realize is how stupid some people must be. And I am referring to the OP. When you make a statement like his after having watched this video, it clearly shows you have no analytical or logical deduction skills.

I you were not a complete idiot and knew a few things about politics instead of exposing your lack of intelligence, you would realize Carson probably has a good idea of who the "traditional allies" are. However it is probably not a wise choice to start dropping names for such questions like that as just about any answer would be inflammatory. Its a pointless question anyways. Its a completely situational theoretical question based on an incident that has not happened yet. What Carson did was avoided answering a question of no importance to avoid further drama from people like yourself who are looking to spin any and everything into a trial by fire. Just about every human who has ever entered politics has done this.

So based on the way you reason things, Hillary Clinton must have a mental illness because she has a hard time remembering a lot of very basic things...

Ok thanks for your input..

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

Yeah, he has done nothing since the prayer breakfast... He just randomly jumped ahead in the polls for something he did 3 years ago. Seriously, if you have ignored him, this is what you would think about him due to the way the media portrays him. Or if you really ate up the left wing media, you would believe he has mental disabilities. He has it pretty rough because the left wing media hates him for being conservative, and the right wind media has a bias towards him because he isn't part of the establishment. But if you actually watch the debates and listen to the candidates speeches and writings, you would realize he has a very meticulous and well thought out idea of what he is doing and what he plans to do. He explains everything he says very well with much more detail than most of the other candidates. But the media usually takes about one sentence from a 30 minute speech and makes it appear to be the entire substance of everything he said to make him look bad. Then some tabloid writer takes that one sentence and writes an entire bias article over that one sentence with little to no relation to what was actually being discussed in the speech. Then people read the headline and maybe the first paragraph of that article and form their views on that candidate rather than jut goign and listening/reading to the original speech. Welcome to the uninformed voter era.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
That's because he's a monarch cia mind controlled puppet. It's sad the way this world is going, truly sad.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Ben Carson is lucky if he can remember how many fingers and toes he has without looking first.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

I heard Bill Maher say last night he's beginning to wonder if he's really a doctor.

(I know he is, just sayin')

edit on 11/17/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: intrepid

Seems reasonable.

Though to be fair you already had one president that had no clue about world geography IE Bush

Actually I've never had a president.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join